Cosmere Hunger Games - RP

Edema Rue

Just now, Edema Rue said:

She notices a bush laden with berries, as well as a set of footprints in the snow. They look as if they came from…something with hooves.

Dougella, HG Arena

Hoof prints, that is all that seemed to fill her vision. Something that Luck would not allow her to turn away from. "Sharp" she calls, "Come look at this!"

@J. Magi

4 hours ago, The Stormfather said:

"Oh yeah, him. Uhhh....." Mark stops. I can't... I thought I was over this. Rusts! "I mean, we should probably..." Mark drew a finger across his neck. They can't see this weakness within me. They cannot know what I did. "Or just run, because he might injure us."

"Now isn't that a thought?" Astra spun towards the bound Quelkin as if she hadn't yet noticed him.

She knelt down, looking into Quelkin's eyes.

"Tondon," she called out without looking back, "Who is this fellow?"

@Dragonheir @LightRinger @The Stormfather @Unintelligenius

34 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

She notices a bush laden with berries, as well as a set of footprints in the snow. They look as if they came from…something with hooves.

32 minutes ago, Scars of Hathsin said:

Dougella, HG Arena

Hoof prints, that is all that seemed to fill her vision. Something that Luck would not allow her to turn away from. "Sharp" she calls, "Come look at this!"

@J. Magi

"Huh . . . " He says, studying the berries to see if they're edible @Edema Rue

"I hope whatever animal it is isn't dangerous . . ."

Spoiler

I almost had a heart attack I thought we were gonna be attacked by bird monsters lol

1 minute ago, J. Magi said:

Reveal hidden contents

I almost had a heart attack I thought we were gonna be attacked by bird monsters lol

Nope they are ignoring us :(

Dougella, HG Arena

"Should we follow the tracks" she says looking at him. Her gaze wondering intermittently. "There could be a cool creature" she mutters

@J. Magi 

Just now, Scars of Hathsin said:

Dougella, HG Arena

"Should we follow the tracks" she says looking at him. Her gaze wondering intermittently. "There could be a cool creature" she mutters

@J. Magi 

"A cool creature that would attack us." Sharp replied, pocketing the berries.

that is a good thing my dude . . .

1 minute ago, J. Magi said:

"A cool creature that would attack us." Sharp replied, pocketing the berries.

Dougella, HG Arena

She looks at the tracks again. Before looking up. She looks at Sharp, before calling to the vines in her pocket. "Become our legs and give us strength" feeling more than normal breaths drain out of her. "Let's go" she says, bounding along, her legs almost like springs.

@J. Magi @Edema Rue

15 minutes ago, J. Magi said:

Reveal hidden contents

They’re edible.

…I was GOING to, but someone had to tap luck 🙄 

17 minutes ago, Scars of Hathsin said:

Dougella, HG Arena

She looks at the tracks again. Before looking up. She looks at Sharp, before calling to the vines in her pocket. "Become our legs and give us strength" feeling more than normal breaths drain out of her. "Let's go" she says, bounding along, her legs almost like springs.

@J. Magi @Edema Rue

"NO WE SHOULDN'T--" He watched her run off long-sufferingly. Reluctantly he ran after her.

4 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

of course you would eddie . . . lol

15 hours ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Tinker winced and stepped back.

"Sorry," he said. He hesitated. What else was there to say?

“No… don’t. You helped, ultimately.” She sighed.

”But… but why didn’t you just let it kill me?”

15 hours ago, Edema Rue said:

Corin’s lips twitched, and suddenly he was back just how he had been. “I’ll count on it.” He took a long breath, and as he inhaled Roy felt his ability to control sand leaving him, as if it were a tangible thing. The gemstone on the counter cracked, and a spren floated out. “All yours.”

Thanks!

10 minutes ago, J. Magi said:

"NO WE SHOULDN'T--" He watched her run off long-sufferingly. Reluctantly he ran after her.

The tracks continue for a long while, eventually coming to an end in a grove of trees where a creature that looks like a deer, if smaller, is nibbling at the bark of a tree.

1 hour ago, Edema Rue said:

The tracks continue for a long while, eventually coming to an end in a grove of trees where a creature that looks like a deer, if smaller, is nibbling at the bark of a tree.

Dougella, HG Arena

Dougella gazes at the beast, her mouth watering slightly. I have not had some proper meat in a while, she thinks to herself. Her primal instincts kicking in. Snap out of it, the other half, perhaps the more logical says. She scans the area nearby, noting Sharp coming up beside her. "What do we do?"

@J. Magi

10 hours ago, LightRinger said:

No previous interactions with Quelkin, but there may have been a conversation with Lotus about our characters… And thanks for the reminder, I was trying to be nonspecific about Quelkin to give @Unintelligenius more freedom, but it’s a good call to hold off till he responds.  

Yeah, that makes sense. At least for me, the reaction seemed to be a grudge against Willshapers, but I guess I was misinterpreting the dialogue. 

7 hours ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

As he walked, he noticed a group of people gathered a short distance away, their figures huddled together against the biting wind. Curiosity piqued, Roy decided to investigate. He adjusted his coat, pulling it tighter around himself, and made his way toward them.

Roy approached cautiously, not wanting to startle them. "Hey," he called out, his voice carrying over the wind. "What's going on here?"

As Roy begins his approach, one of the figures summons and brandishes a shardblade. After a small amount of inaudible discussion, the figure sweeps it twice through the tree that the group is standing next to, then drops the shardblade, causing it to dissipate. The tree tumbles over, and a fifth figure falls out of it. 

Here’s an ok description of what’s happened so far. The group is now frozen in time waiting for @Unintelligenius (whose character was in the tree and throwing things at us) to post. I don’t know how well having an entire interaction while the tree is falling will work, but Roy can definitely be there while the fight is starting. 

6 hours ago, Lotus Blossom said:

"Now isn't that a thought?" Astra spun towards the bound Quelkin as if she hadn't yet noticed him.

She knelt down, looking into Quelkin's eyes.

"Tondon," she called out without looking back, "Who is this fellow?"

We still don’t know what happened to him, but I’ll answer Astra’s question anyway. 

“He’s someone I fought with earlier. He’d said he was a Thug, then did the glowy thing and ran away.” London holds up a handful of dun spheres. “That Corin guy gave me these, and this,” he holds up a large heliodor gemstone with metal around it, “and somehow expected me to be able to get the glow from one to the other and detect people. Speaking of detecting people, look over there. There’s another tribute!” (It’s Roy.) 

1 hour ago, Dragonheir said:

As Roy begins his approach, one of the figures summons and brandishes a shardblade. After a small amount of inaudible discussion, the figure sweeps it twice through the tree that the group is standing next to, then drops the shardblade, causing it to dissipate. The tree tumbles over, and a fifth figure falls out of it. 

“He’s someone I fought with earlier. He’d said he was a Thug, then did the glowy thing and ran away.” London holds up a handful of dun spheres. “That Corin guy gave me these, and this,” he holds up a large heliodor gemstone with metal around it, “and somehow expected me to be able to get the glow from one to the other and detect people. Speaking of detecting people, look over there. There’s another tribute!” (It’s Roy.) 

Roy halted his approach, raising his hands in a gesture of peace. "I mean no harm," he called out, his voice steady despite the tension in the air.

The sound of the blade slicing through wood was barely audible over the howling wind, but the effect was immediate and dramatic.

The tree groaned, then toppled over with a loud crash, sending snow flying in all directions. As it fell, a fifth figure tumbled out of the branches, hitting the ground with a thud.

Roy's eyes widened in surprise as he approached slowly, his curiosity piqued even further. "What’s going on here?" he asked, keeping his voice calm.

7 hours ago, Spark of Hope said:

“No… don’t. You helped, ultimately.” She sighed.

”But… but why didn’t you just let it kill me?”

"I thought I told you," Tinker said. "I'm not playing by their rules. If I do win, it will be on my terms. I'm not losing who I am, what I stand for, just because of the situation they've placed me in."

Tinker stood there for a moment, making sure she was okay. Then he started rummaging in the camping supplies to see if there was any medical supplies. He found the small bandage.

"Uh...I guess just put this on your cheek, then. I wish we had something for infection, but...this'll have to do." He handed her the small bandage.

1 minute ago, The Bookwyrm said:

"I thought I told you," Tinker said. "I'm not playing by their rules. If I do win, it will be on my terms. I'm not losing who I am, what I stand for, just because of the situation they've placed me in."

Tinker stood there for a moment, making sure she was okay. Then he started rummaging in the camping supplies to see if there was any medical supplies. He found the small bandage.

"Uh...I guess just put this on your cheek, then. I wish we had something for infection, but...this'll have to do." He handed her the small bandage.

She continued looking into his eyes and eventually nodded a little.

She put a hand up to stop him. “You can actually see what you’re doing. You should put it on.”

7 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

She continued looking into his eyes and eventually nodded a little.

She put a hand up to stop him. “You can actually see what you’re doing. You should put it on.”

"...Oh. Okay."

Tinker walked over and cleaned the wound area slightly, then placed the bandage over the cut.

"That should work, for now."

He turned to the large box. "Why don't we see if we can get this open?"

@Edema Rue

What's the box made of?

5 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

"...Oh. Okay."

Tinker walked over and cleaned the wound area slightly, then placed the bandage over the cut.

@Edema Rue

She rubbed the adhesive parts on.

”We should probably be able to pry it open.”

25 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

"Yeah," Tinker said, crouching next to it and studying it. "We could use Verdant like we did for the last box, or maybe Zephyr. I just have to find somewhere to put it..."

I'm waiting for Edema to tell us what it's made of. 

Also, does it have any cracks where different parts of it come together, like the last one did, that Tinker could slide some spores in?

(Also, Spark, Zephyr are the blue spores that explode in a burst of air when they touch water. In case you didn't know.)

@Edema Rue

Edited by The Bookwyrm

1 hour ago, The Bookwyrm said:

"...Oh. Okay."

@Edema Rue

1 hour ago, Spark of Hope said:

The box is gleaming metal. But unlike the last one, this one has hinges on the back, and a lid that looks as if it’ll just…open.

14 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

The box is gleaming metal. But unlike the last one, this one has hinges on the back, and a lid that looks as if it’ll just…open.

Frowning, and somewhat wary, Tinker started to open it.

6 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Frowning, and somewhat wary, Tinker started to open it.

It swung open easily. Inside was a large jar filled with a deep red liquid, and something metallic.

1 minute ago, Edema Rue said:

It swung open easily. Inside was a large jar filled with a deep red liquid, and something metallic.

Tinker frowned as he pulled out the jar. He stared at it for a moment. Then he yelped and dropped it in the snow.

"Is....that..."

@Spark of Hope

Edited by The Bookwyrm

14 hours ago, Edema Rue said:

13 hours ago, Scars of Hathsin said:

Dougella, HG Arena

Dougella gazes at the beast, her mouth watering slightly. I have not had some proper meat in a while, she thinks to herself. Her primal instincts kicking in. Snap out of it, the other half, perhaps the more logical says. She scans the area nearby, noting Sharp coming up beside her. "What do we do?"

@J. Magi

"Well . . . it doesn't look immediately dangerous. Could you tie it up with awakened vines?"

2 hours ago, WhyEverNot_8 said:

Connor jogs over to Sharp, then stops and nods at Dougella. “Yo, what’s happened since I left?” He begins to roll the coin across his knuckles, over and over. “Also I need two kills.”

@J. Magi @Scars of Hathsin

"Uh . . . the couple ran off this morning and I couldn't find them . . . Dougella's nice so don't attack her. I haven't really run into anyone else yet." He eyes the coins in his hand warily. 

54 minutes ago, J. Magi said:

"Well . . . it doesn't look immediately dangerous. Could you tie it up with awakened vines?"

"Uh . . . the couple ran off this morning and I couldn't find them . . . Dougella's nice so don't attack her. I haven't really run into anyone else yet." He eyes the coins in his hand warily. 

Dougella, HG Arena

Dougella glances at the vines wrapped around their legs. "Your breath to mine" she mutters just loud enough that the best will not hear it. She picks them up slowly, flinging them at the deer like creature in front of them, after saying to them "Grab and Hold Things" @Edema Rue

After she casts the vines, she glances behind them at the new arrival. What does he want. She puts out her hand for a shake. "Hi!" @WhyEverNot_8