Cosmere Hunger Games - RP

Edema Rue

11 minutes ago, Scars of Hathsin said:

Dougella, HG Arena

'What, No, I want to see it first, before I decide anything." She dreams up a scenario, "maybe we ride it into battle" she says dreamily quickly glancing at him, before adding more speed into her chase. Probably not the best time to store luck and fall over she laughs mentally, remembering here earlier exploits

@J. Magi

Is she still tapping luck? If so, she has a chance. If not…

5 minutes ago, J. Magi said:

"That seems unrealistic, we'd have to completely tame and it and find a why to fasten reigns and a saddle . . . I'd rather have a hot meal."

Dougella, HG Arena

Dougella, laughs before becoming serious, "Is that a challenge" she jests, watching her step as she runs. "Because I will gladly accept it." she looks down at the ground noticing her reduced colour aura. I suppose that is useful sometimes she thinks. Her lifesense pointing her in the direction of her fleeing steed. 

@J. Magi

1 minute ago, Edema Rue said:

Yes she still is

13 minutes ago, Scars of Hathsin said:

Dougella, HG Arena

Dougella, laughs before becoming serious, "Is that a challenge" she jests, watching her step as she runs. "Because I will gladly accept it." she looks down at the ground noticing her reduced colour aura. I suppose that is useful sometimes she thinks. Her lifesense pointing her in the direction of her fleeing steed. 

@J. Magi

The vine catches on a rock and the deer stumbles, falling to the ground.

15 minutes ago, Scars of Hathsin said:

Dougella, HG Arena

@J. Magi

"No it wasn't . . . it wasn't a . . . challenge . . ."

1 minute ago, Edema Rue said:

The vine catches on a rock and the deer stumbles, falling to the ground.

"If you get hurt from that thing I don't really know first aid," Sharp warned.

Dougella, HG Arena

Dougella stops running, slowing in her approach to the deer like creature. Extinguishing her luck, for the time being at least. The creature lay on the ground, her awakened vines around it, holding it fast to the ground. "I will be fine" she lobs the comment over her shoulder at Sharp. She holds the sword that was at her waist, and the dagger being a comforting weight against her leg. "Good... Thing" she croons to it. Stroking it softly and approaching the head

@Edema Rue @J. Magi

28 minutes ago, Scars of Hathsin said:

Dougella, HG Arena

Dougella stops running, slowing in her approach to the deer like creature. Extinguishing her luck, for the time being at least. The creature lay on the ground, her awakened vines around it, holding it fast to the ground. "I will be fine" she lobs the comment over her shoulder at Sharp. She holds the sword that was at her waist, and the dagger being a comforting weight against her leg. "Good... Thing" she croons to it. Stroking it softly and approaching the head

@Edema Rue @J. Magi

"You don't know that for sure . . ." He said, approaching nervously.

55 minutes ago, Scars of Hathsin said:

Dougella, HG Arena

@Edema Rue @J. Magi

It tosses its head, eyes wide and panicked.

13 hours ago, Edema Rue said:

I’ll keep that in mind. Maybe the curiosity will just eat at her until… *imitates stabbing gesture*

17 minutes ago, Scars of Hathsin said:

Dougella, HG Arena

Dougella continues to stroke it, caressing it, crooning to it. "Who's a good dear" she mutters over and over, hoping to calm the poor thing. "Your ok"

@Edema Rue

It slowly calms down, but its eyes remain wild and afraid. 

Just a reminder, you can’t mention people in quote boxes :)

@J. Magi

36 minutes ago, Scars of Hathsin said:

Dougella, HG Arena

Dougella continues to stroke it, caressing it, crooning to it. "Who's a good dear" she mutters over and over, hoping to calm the poor thing. "Your ok"

@Edema Rue

he's 19

Alright, I’m officially making a backstory/motivation edit, personality isn’t changing and I had like nothing before so this is better.

Spoiler

For the first eleven years of her life, Marewill and her family were happy despite their lower-middle class stance. She, her three-year-old brother, and both her parents lived in their small house happy with what they had, which was enough to get by and just a little more.

One night, she and her father went on a walk to look at the stars, and just to have some time together. However, they ran into a group of people to which her father owed some debts that he attained for his family. Since he was unable to pay them back, they began to beat him, which resulted in his death. She tried to fight back against them, but they just beat her too, and she Snapped.

The next year, she started to “fill out” if you know what I mean. She got the attention of traffickers who tried to take her. Her mom reasoned with them to let Marewill go and allow her to take her daughter’s place. They agreed and took her.

Within the next couple months, Marewill and Meron lost nearly everything. They had no source of income and were forced to the alleys. Three months after she was taken, their mother returned. Pregnant.

Over the next five years, Marewill learned how to knife fight to protect her family. It worked sometimes better than others. She also honed her use of tin when she could, but she could barely get any.

She figured that if she were to win the games, kill a few tributes along the way, she would scare off anyone who would dare try to hurt her family again. She would also be able to get them an actual home again.

Her mother tried to stop her. At least they had each other, right? Wasn’t that enough?

It wasn’t. They weren’t safe, no one helped them, any one of them could die any moment. Marewill refused to change her mind.

1 hour ago, Edema Rue said:

It slowly calms down, but its eyes remain wild and afraid. 

@J. Magi

Dougella HG Arena

Dougella continues to stroke the poor creature, she could feel it's pulse racing underneath the fur that coated it's body. "Calm down" she says softly. Sitting beside the creatures head, and stroking it. Looking down at it amazed. Full of awe.

@Edema Rue

8 hours ago, Spark of Hope said:

After thinking for a moment, she quietly asked, “Do you want to keep going to the edge of the arena?”

@The Bookwyrm

"Not if stuff like that keeps appearing." He gestured to where the eagle had dissolved.

"I think we should try to find a forest or something. Some type of shelter. Maybe another cave."

1 minute ago, The Bookwyrm said:

"Not if stuff like that keeps appearing." He gestured to where the eagle had dissolved.

"I think we should try to find a forest or something. Some type of shelter. Maybe another cave."

“Okay then.”

1 minute ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Tinker hesitantly slid the spike-jar into Marewill's pack, then started scanning the area.

@Edema Rue

As he looked around, her hand grabbed his. It was unsteady.

She’s still feeling scared and wants comfort 

1 minute ago, Spark of Hope said:

As he looked around, her hand grabbed his. It was unsteady.

Tinker started at her hand for a moment, then looked at her.

"What is it?" he asked, eyes concerned.

Edited by The Bookwyrm

Just now, The Bookwyrm said:

Tinker started at her hand for a moment, then looked at her.

"What is it?"

Her hand and breathing were shaking a little. It wasn’t at all hard to infer.