Cosmere Hunger Games - RP

Edema Rue

1 hour ago, LightRinger said:

“Understood. May I go, then? Astra awaits.” Jaksyn will slip the dagger into his boot (do they have boots?), put the vials into the pouch and around his waist, tuck the stormlight orb into the rose’s heart, the rose into his shirt, and eat the chouta. (Wow that’s a lot of gear)

“You may,” Corin says. His lips press into a cruel line. “A rose is a good flower for her.” More beautiful because of its thorns…I hope she kills him.

On 6/20/2024 at 2:29 PM, J. Magi said:

". . . I'm turning in." Sharp said after watching it bound away. He wasn't really sure if he should've said something more comforting. He hated coming off as cold, but at the same time he had no idea what to say.

"You should too, it's been a long day."

@Scars of Hathsin

On 6/21/2024 at 6:29 AM, J. Magi said:

". . . I'm turning in." Sharp said after watching it bound away. He wasn't really sure if he should've said something more comforting. He hated coming off as cold, but at the same time he had no idea what to say.

"You should too, it's been a long day."

1 hour ago, J. Magi said:

Sorry, I will not be able to go on today, I can barely concentrate as I have had a surgery recently, give me a few more days, @J. Magi do you want to control my character for the time being?

@J. Magi

5 hours ago, Edema Rue said:

“You may,” Corin says. His lips press into a cruel line. “A rose is a good flower for her.” More beautiful because of its thorns…I hope she kills him.

“I agree…” Jaksyn starts to go, then turns back towards Corin. “Good chouta.” Then he leaves. 

@Lotus Blossom, @Dragonheir and anyone else 

6 minutes ago, Scars of Hathsin said:

Oh my goodness, your totally good don't worry about it! I probably won't do anything big with the characters in the meantime, as things have been pretty slow recently.

Take as long as you need to rest and recover! I hope you feel better soon!

21 hours ago, Dragonheir said:

“What do you want?” Tondon walks forward a little, and is tapping Connection to focus Roy’s attention on him. He’s holding one sickle and his shield, but the other sickle is still stabbed into a tree. 
 @Lotus Blossom @The Stormfather 

"i want nothing. all i want is a place to camp for the night. maby also a request for us to work together..."

19 hours ago, The Stormfather said:

“Roy? Think about this. Fighting us… you won’t just be fighting one. There are three of us, and there’s no damn way you can win this, especially now that I…” Mark raises one glowing hand, though the storm light is fast fading away. “There are two radiants here. Run. Run and maybe we won’t kill you.” Mark’s eyes seem to glaze over as his entire demeanour changes. He looks less weak, standing tall, but also menacingly. Then, his face shifts back to what it was before, an everlasting slight expression of embarrassment. 

Mark shakes his head, as if clearing away bad thoughts. “He’s right, Roy. You should run.” 

@Lotus Blossom @Dragonheir @RoyalBeeMage

Roy's shoulders slumped as he fell to his knees, the weight of his words dragging him down. "Why should I run?" he muttered, his voice barely above a whisper. "I know that you could easily beat me. But my death... my death would help you." His eyes, once filled with determination, now looked hollow and defeated.

He raised his head slowly, meeting the gaze of his adversary with a haunting emptiness. "I don't know if I can find any purpose anymore," he admitted, the bitterness of his realization cutting through the air. "I've got what I need to survive till the end if I stay alone. I just want justice from those who have wronged me."

A single tear traced a path down his cheek, glistening in the dim light. "What good is survival if there's no meaning behind it? If the ones who tore my life apart continue to walk free?" His fists clenched at his sides, knuckles white with the strain of his anger and sorrow.

4 hours ago, LightRinger said:

“I agree…” Jaksyn starts to go, then turns back towards Corin. “Good chouta.” Then he leaves. 

Mark (the stormfather) and Roy (royalbeemage) are also there. We’re in a standoff/parlay. (Everyone else vs. Roy) 

Tondon sees Jaksyn, and almost calls to him, but thinks better of it. He slightly tugs a chromium vial instead. 

1 hour ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

"i want nothing. all i want is a place to camp for the night. maby also a request for us to work together..."

“Ok, I guess. You didn’t actually fight us… what do you two think?” He turns to Astra and Mark. “Maybe we should tie- oh yeah, magic sword. Hmmm.” 
 @The Stormfather @Lotus Blossom 

6 hours ago, LightRinger said:

As soon as Jaksyn leaves, Corin slams a fist into the counter. He doesn’t move for a long moment. Thoughts race through his mind of all that was, of all that could be, of all that shouldn’t be. He wonders, briefly, if it would have been better if they’d just killed him that night.

Of course it would have.

But he was still alive.

So he’d fight. And he’d keep fighting until they finally realized he was not a pet to be controlled.

He pressed a button, and suddenly his voice was in Astra’s ear. “Watch out for Jaksyn. Watch out for all of them…only one can win this game, and my bet’s on you.”

@Lotus Blossom

55 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

"Yeah," he said, standing up. "I'm okay."

He gazed at the creature as it tore at the tent. "What's the plan?"

@BlueWildRye

“Those spikes remind me of the spores,” she said. “Is there any way to combat those?”

7 hours ago, Dragonheir said:

Tondon sees Jaksyn, and almost calls to him, but thinks better of it. He slightly tugs a chromium vial instead. 

Jaksyn looks over at Tondon, and sees Roy. He points to Roy, then to himself, then draws a line across his throat, and shrugs. 

Spoiler

You want me to kill him?

He then will cautiously walk over, positioning himself with Tondon on the other side of Roy, so that he could potentially be Pulled. He finishes his chouta while doing so. 

@The Stormfather, @Lotus Blossom, @RoyalBeeMage

5 minutes ago, LightRinger said:

Jaksyn looks over at Tondon, and sees Roy. He points to Roy, then to himself, then draws a line across his throat, and shrugs. 

Reveal hidden contents

You want me to kill him?

He then will cautiously walk over, positioning himself with Tondon on the other side of Roy, so that he could potentially be Pulled. He finishes his chouta while doing so. 

@The Stormfather, @Lotus Blossom, @RoyalBeeMage

Tondon has misinterpreted the message. 

Tondon calls out to @RoyalBeeMage, “you won’t attack us, right? Or Jaksyn?” 
 @The Stormfather @Lotus Blossom 

1 hour ago, LightRinger said:

Jaksyn will audibly groan, and draw his dagger.

Tondon very slowly Pulls it from his grip, making it drop to the ground. 

On 6/23/2024 at 12:43 PM, Dragonheir said:

Tondon stops storing Connection. “Um. Yeah, there’s three of us. We’re very scary. Grrrr.” He then turns to Mark and Astra, “Radiants are the glow people, right? Can somebody explain that to me once this is over?” 

Astra smiled.

"Darling, when this is over, we'll all have a lot of explaining to do."

12 hours ago, Dragonheir said:

“Ok, I guess. You didn’t actually fight us… what do you two think?” He turns to Astra and Mark. “Maybe we should tie- oh yeah, magic sword. Hmmm.” 

Astra summons her shardblade once more, eyes sparkling (I'm assuming she must have dropped it at some point during discussion).

11 hours ago, Edema Rue said:

As soon as Jaksyn leaves, Corin slams a fist into the counter. He doesn’t move for a long moment. Thoughts race through his mind of all that was, of all that could be, of all that shouldn’t be. He wonders, briefly, if it would have been better if they’d just killed him that night.

Of course it would have.

But he was still alive.

So he’d fight. And he’d keep fighting until they finally realized he was not a pet to be controlled.

He pressed a button, and suddenly his voice was in Astra’s ear. “Watch out for Jaksyn. Watch out for all of them…only one can win this game, and my bet’s on you.”

@Lotus Blossom

Hey Lotus did you see this?

@Lotus Blossom

1 hour ago, BlueWildRye said:

The Redspine roars and charges the two humans, jaws wide.

Tinker shoved Marewill out of the way.

This had better not break her nose again.

He then leapt out of the way himself and slashed at the creature with his silver knife. 

I guess I leave it up to you on how much damage that did, but in general the silver is going to kill the red spikes when it gets close.

@Spark of Hope

Edited by The Bookwyrm

1 hour ago, The Bookwyrm said:

He then leapt out of the way himself and slashed at the creature with his silver knife. 

@Spark of Hope

She fell to the ground - this time onto her back - and rolled out of the way.

2 hours ago, Lotus Blossom said:

Astra smiled.

"Darling, when this is over, we'll all have a lot of explaining to do."

Astra summons her shardblade once more, eyes sparkling (I'm assuming she must have dropped it at some point during discussion).

“No! Ah! Stop! I meant we can’t tie him up cause he’s got a magic sword. He’s literally surrendering!” Tondon is waving his arms in the air slightly. @LightRinger can probably hear. Tondon’s half talking to Jaksyn here, after all. 

2 hours ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

"i dont know if i can anymore. i don't want to see another person die around me..."

“That makes sense. Why did you sign up, anyway?” He almost motions for Roy to sit down near him, but then remembers the magic sword. He turns to Astra and Mark (@The Stormfather. Haven’t pinged you yet this post.) “Is there any way to stop him from immediately stabbing us with his unblockable sword? Cause I feel like he might do that, if he’s lying.” 

1 hour ago, The Bookwyrm said:

I guess I leave it up to you on how much damage that did, but in general the silver is going to kill the red spikes when it gets close.

@BlueWildRye 

Apparently a silver weapon can kill a spore eater. (I imagine it just isn’t blocked very well by the spores, and thus deals normal damage for the weapon.) 
WoB:

Argent

Can silver help a spore eater with their condition?

Brandon Sanderson

Yeah, it can stab them through the heart with a silver knife so they die. Much better ending. There is potentially an application of silver that could maybe help them, it would not be my first go to. Silver can be pretty destructive.

Shardcast Interview (July 30, 2023)

2 hours ago, The Bookwyrm said:

@Spark of Hope

Can’t you only break your nose once?

3 hours ago, Edema Rue said:

Of course it would have.

But he was still alive.

nope! i didnt! thank you sm!!

Astra smiled bitterly, if only for a moment, and her fist tightened around her blade.

Watch out.

"Don't place empty bets, my dear," she whispered absent-mindedly, without intention of his hearing.

Empty bets...

If she were gambling the games... Who would she bet on? Who would she root for?

Would it be the girl with the flask and the uneasy smirk? The girl with the frizzy hair and cigarette?

Would it be an empty bet?

How would she play this, if the power was in her hands?

These thoughts... they swirled about her in a frenzy louder than anything before. Had she become the person she wanted to be? Had she cursed life for justice or fought for what she believed in? Had she complained or fixed? How would she see herself from the outside? Would she be scared of the mirror?

Would she laugh at the small tribute, lost in the large arena?

Watch out.

If the power was in her hands.

They're all watching me.

How did it feel, to be the prey, not the predator?

Corin's betting on me.

How much could she take- could they all take- before their legs grew weak and mind grew clouded?

Sawyin's betting on me.

How loud could all these thoughts and voices be before she screamed?

The game makers are watching me.

Could she, once in her life, watch herself? Could she, once in her life, pick herself up off her feat?

Rivia's counting on me.

Could she be the willshaper she was?

Or was that all lost?

If the power was in her hands....

No, it was there.

Somewhere.

If she screamed loud enough....

One may even be able to hear it.

Her hearbeat.

She was still alive.

She was still here.

And she would still stay.

Chains, they said....

Edited by Lotus Blossom

3 hours ago, The Bookwyrm said:

@Spark of Hope

1 hour ago, Spark of Hope said:

She fell to the ground - this time onto her back - and rolled out of the way.

The Redspine screamed, an eerily human sound, as half of the Crimson spikes on its back went a dull grey. It thrashed back and forth, biting at the male, before stepping back carefully. "You... Are much stronger than I thought. The Redspine will feed, but for now... You are spared."

It began trudging away through the snow, one half of its body a bright red, the other colorless. A deer bounded past, and in an instant, the Redspine had impaled it with one of its remaining spines. It gruesomely devoured the front half, but left the back. It pushed it a little in the direction of the two. "A parting gift. We shall meet again." It stopped, and something that resembled a smile crossed its draconic face. "Tinker." 

The Redspine walked away.