Cosmere Hunger Games - RP

Edema Rue

42 minutes ago, WhyEverNot_8 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Very sorry for the double post, I felt that I needed to reply 😅

You’re good, yeah he is. 

9 minutes ago, SmilingPanda19 said:

"You are most important, son." He stops and looks at him for a moment, a soft but hurt look in his eyes. 

Gavin’s breath was coming faster, his heart racing fast enough that it took barely a few moments for his shardblade to fall into his hand. “You aren’t listening!”

1 hour ago, Edema Rue said:

Gavin’s breath was coming faster, his heart racing fast enough that it took barely a few moments for his shardblade to fall into his hand. “You aren’t listening!”

"No son! You aren't listening to me! I know what's best for you right now! I'm trying to guide you, Gavin." He takes a step forward, getting angry again.

6 minutes ago, SmilingPanda19 said:

"No son! You aren't listening to me! I know what's best for you right now! I'm trying to guide you, Gavin." He takes a step forward, getting angry again.

Gavin pointed his sword at him. “Don’t! Don’t. Don’t you dare talk down to me!”

28 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

Gavin pointed his sword at him. “Don’t! Don’t. Don’t you dare talk down to me!”

"I talk to you however I want." He looks at him, a little ferret snakes up his leg and over his back and onto his shoulder, trying to lick the sword.

50 minutes ago, Lotus Blossom said:

"I suppose we'll see."

She tightly pursed her lips.

"Whatever it is that happens, I... I'm happy I got to meet you. When I came to these games, I came to die. I didn't realize how alive they'd make me feel."

1 hour ago, The Stormfather said:

"Whatever it is that happens, I... I'm happy I got to meet you. When I came to these games, I came to die. I didn't realize how alive they'd make me feel."

"Don't" Astra choked a little, "Don't say that."

Her voice got softer.

"Don't say that yet."

She held his hand, her own cold and shaking, and stayed there gently.

"We're still alive."

1 hour ago, SmilingPanda19 said:

"I talk to you however I want." He looks at him, a little ferret snakes up his leg and over his back and onto his shoulder, trying to lick the sword.

The sword shook in Gavin’s hand. His eyes were dark and furious. “You really think that, don’t you? You’re—you’re stupid.”

4 minutes ago, Lotus Blossom said:

"Don't" Astra choked a little, "Don't say that."

Her voice got softer.

"Don't say that yet."

She held his hand, her own cold and shaking, and stayed there gently.

"We're still alive."

Mark squeezed her hand. A tear rolled down his cheek.

"It's true. We're still alive." He smiled and tears began to fall, looking into Astra's eyes. "We're going to survive. We have to."

"Astra... When we get out of this...Stay with me. We can go to the Outskirts. I know some people. We might just be able to have a life. Maybe not an amazing one, but anything seems amazing to the stuff Ruin has put us through. If this works... Stay with me."

40 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

The sword shook in Gavin’s hand. His eyes were dark and furious. “You really think that, don’t you? You’re—you’re stupid.”

"Speak to me like that again. I dare you." He whispers, almost taunting him. He won't hurt him, he won't do it.

33 minutes ago, SmilingPanda19 said:

"Speak to me like that again. I dare you." He whispers, almost taunting him. He won't hurt him, he won't do it.

Gavin met his eyes, and his hand stopped shaking. 

It was almost frightening, how easy it was to pass a shardblade through a person. Muscle and bone gave way like water.

”I told you,” Gavin whispered, “not to condescend to me.”

1 hour ago, Edema Rue said:

Gavin met his eyes, and his hand stopped shaking. 

It was almost frightening, how easy it was to pass a shardblade through a person. Muscle and bone gave way like water.

”I told you,” Gavin whispered, “not to condescend to me.”

He gasps, meeting his eyes for one moment with shock and fear before blood pours out of his mouth and he hunches forward, coughing up his last breathes.

"You are no s-son of mine." He mutters before he stops breathing.

41 minutes ago, SmilingPanda19 said:

He gasps, meeting his eyes for one moment with shock and fear before blood pours out of his mouth and he hunches forward, coughing up his last breathes.

"You are no s-son of mine." He mutters before he stops breathing.

“Good of you to finally realize it,” Gavin growls, his blade dissolving to mist.

Okay come blow us up now :)

1 hour ago, The Bookwyrm said:

1 hour ago, The Stormfather said:

I didn’t give her last words she took them for herself

23 hours ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

Alderic stood at attention in his armor, beard flowing in the wind dramatically, a pulsing spear in his hand, ready for the signal. He also had a tablet ready, should they need anything.

23 hours ago, Scars of Hathsin said:

Benjamin Savage, Somewhere

Benjamin stood on the hill with the others, not looking as impressive, but there. Ready to do whatever it took to get his daughter out of there

Outside the HG Arena:

Sharlin pushed through the undergrowth, leading their combined forces down to the entrance she'd spied out just a few days ago. It was small, and would take time to get everybody inside, but it would work.

She came to a small clearing in the forest, negative space between trees, really. 

She bent over, having the exact spot already memorized, and started pushing aside leaves and dirt. Otherwise completely camouflaged by the surrounding bushes, she revealed a small doorway.

It was only around 4 feet wide sat at an angle on the ground, more of a trap door really.

"Tadaaaaah!!!"

Sharlin stood and turned with a flourish, gesturing at the dull metal hatch.

"Told you guys I knew where it was!"

@The Bookwyrm

2 hours ago, Edema Rue said:

“Good of you to finally realize it,” Gavin growls, his blade dissolving to mist.

GM HQ:

The explosions had stopped. The dust was beginning to settle. Victory was clear.

But the day was not over. Sharanna had to remind herself that. No, if they were going to do this, then she would finish it. Completely and entirely.

She lead a large group of men down into the belly of the building, approaching the one part they hadn't take yet. The safe room--or rooms, Sharanna didn't really know--that they GM's remained trapped inside. No doubt they were planning something, some last defense.

Crossing through the dusty underground halls was unsettling. The boot falls of soldiers and gang members echoed through the underground halls, met with nothing but silence. The cold, clean metal interior was a stark contrast to the blood and rubble up above. The only evidence of the battle here was the occasional ribbon of dust sifting through the sealing. Sharanna briefly wondered if this place was still structurally sound.

No matter, there was no going back now.

Eventually, they reached the end of the hall. A large safe door sat at the end. Behind was the true headquarters of the Hunger Games. The place where death and violence was orchestrated.

There was no need to bother trying to work with the lock. A few soldiers attached small charges along the rim of the door.

A button press, a sharp pop, and a shower of sparks later, and the door swung open freely when her men pushed on it.

They stepped to the side. Sharanna would enter first, and face whatever she met inside. Be that pathetic lazy nobles ready to surrender, or desperate psychopaths waiting to attack.

@Edema Rue

Just now, J. Magi said:

Outside the HG Arena:

Sharlin pushed through the undergrowth, leading their combined forces down to the entrance she'd spied out just a few days ago. It was small, and would take time to get everybody inside, but it would work.

She came to a small clearing in the forest, negative space between trees, really. 

She bent over, having the exact spot already memorized, and started pushing aside leaves and dirt. Otherwise completely camouflaged by the surrounding bushes, she revealed a small doorway.

It was only around 4 feet wide sat at an angle on the ground, more of a trap door really.

"Tadaaaaah!!!"

@The Bookwyrm

GM HQ:

The explosions had stopped. The dust was beginning to settle. Victory was clear.

But the day was not over. Sharanna had to remind herself that. No, if they were going to do this, then she would finish it. Completely and entirely.

She lead a large group of men down into the belly of the building, approaching the one part they hadn't take yet. The safe room--or rooms, Sharanna didn't really know--that they GM's remained trapped inside. No doubt they were planning something, some last defense.

Crossing through the dusty underground halls was unsettling. The boot falls of soldiers and gang members echoed through the underground halls, met with nothing but silence. The cold, clean metal interior was a stark contrast to the blood and rubble up above. The only evidence of the battle here was the occasional ribbon of dust sifting through the sealing. Sharanna briefly wondered if this place was still structurally sound.

Eventually, they reached the end of the hall. A large safe door sat at the end. Behind was the true headquarters of the Hunger Games. The place where death and violence was orchestrated.

There was no need to bother trying to work with the lock. A few soldiers attached small charges along the rim of the door.

A button press, a sharp pop, and a shower of sparks later, and the door swung open freely when her men pushed on it.

They stepped to the side. Sharanna would enter first, and face whatever she met inside. Be that pathetic lazy nobles ready to surrender, or desperate psychopaths waiting to attack.

@Edema Rue

"That is our... entrance?" Alderic asks. "A bit... small." He looks down at his body.

2 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

"That is our... entrance?" Alderic asks. "A bit... small." He looks down at his body.

"Well, I think there's a ladder undeath so yah just lower yourself down. Maybe."

She glanced back at the still closed door, awkwardly sticking her hands in her pockets.

"So . . . you gonna open it with that fancy tablet of yours?"

7 hours ago, J. Magi said:

Outside the HG Arena:

"Tadaaaaah!!!"

@The Bookwyrm

GM HQ:

@Edema Rue

Crocus looked down at the hatch. This was the closest she’d been to her daughter since the start of the games. Soon enough, there wouldn’t be any distance at all. 

8 hours ago, J. Magi said:

Outside the HG Arena:

"Tadaaaaah!!!"

@The Bookwyrm

GM HQ:

@Edema Rue

Adris, flaring pewter, follows Sharanna, thinking that she'll know where the top-people are. 

His hand was sweaty on the grip of his pistol as he walked through the wreckage. The fight hadn't been bad, but it was in no way easy. A single man with a gun can block off a hallway, if his aim is good enough. They had upwards of five dozen guards, although many were killed in the initial blast.

"Let's end this."

Falr turned to his small band of warriors. 

"Units one and four, I want you to head inside as soon as this door is open. Carve out a path for us. Two and three, stay behind, cover our backs. I don't want the Central forces ambushing us as soon as we open the gate and are vulnerable." The group nodded, began unslinging rifles and preparing spore grenades.

Milay pulled out a vial of steel and downed it. Time to end this. 

@J. Magi @Ancient Elantrian @Spark of Hope @Whoever else is with us

@Edema Rue

We're cominggggggg it's just taking a minute...

13 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Falr turned to his small band of warriors. 

"Units one and four, I want you to head inside as soon as this door is open. Carve out a path for us. Two and three, stay behind, cover our backs. I don't want the Central forces ambushing us as soon as we open the gate and are vulnerable." The group nodded, began unslinging rifles and preparing spore grenades.

Milay pulled out a vial of steel and downed it. Time to end this. 

@J. Magi @Ancient Elantrian @Spark of Hope @Whoever else is with us

@Edema Rue

Uuuuh I’ll just say Crocus was in three

She moved to the back, her frail figure suddenly much more muscular.