Cosmere Hunger Games - RP

Edema Rue

18 minutes ago, WhyEverNot_8 said:

Assuming that the group is being attacked, Connor wakes up and looks around for someone to fight.

To recap, we followed Corin to the escape tunnel, and there was basically an army of peacekeepers, whom are mostly dead at this point I think, and we are trying to break through a fate to escape but they’re blocking us off. Sharlin’s group is breaking in from the other side.

18 hours ago, The Stormfather said:

“Astra! We need that gate open!” Mark shouted.

SORRY I WENT AFK

Quickly, she transported herself to the gate with Light.

It was rage dripping from her now.

Astra nodded firmly and gripped her shardblade. With the constant flow of stormlight from the flower, she used her power to wrench the gate.

I need to do this. She whispered through gritted teeth.

I need to do this for everyone.

The gate wouldn't cut open at first.

I'm doing something wrong.

No. It would work. She would swing again.

Sweat and blood slicked down her muscles as she wielded Rivia.

Nothing is right. Nothing is fair. So sometimes, you have to cheat at cards to win the set.

The dust and pain obstructed her view.

Her thoughts clouded her pounding mind.

And still.

And yet.

Her nails clawing into the hilt of the blade.

And with the last blow, the gate swung open.

"Mark!" She called. She wanted him out, she wanted him safe. But with the new light, he was the safest of them all. He had to stay behind just a bit longer. Those injured had to get out.

How she wanted to call for him to leave through the opening in the gate. But it wasn't right. There were others among them.

"Mark," she continued shouting, "Get everyone out! I'll follow you!"

She spun around to defend against another peacekeeper.

She wasn't selfless. This wasn't self-sacrafice.

But there was nothing waiting for her. And now, she wanted a certain person to lose his bet.

Was she selfish for wanting to be remembered as strong?

Edited by Lotus Blossom

1 hour ago, Lotus Blossom said:

Astra nodded firmly and gripped her shardblade. With the constant flow of stormlight from the flower, she used her power to wrench the gate.

Nothing is right. Nothing is fair. So sometimes, you have to cheat at cards to win the set.

And still.

And yet.

"Mark!" She called. She wanted him out, she wanted him safe. But with the new light, he was the safest of them all. He had to stay behind just a bit longer. Those injured had to get out.

How she wanted to call for him to leave through the opening in the gate. But it wasn't right. There were others among them.

But there was nothing waiting for her. And now, she wanted a certain person to lose his bet.

The gate was open. 

It was open.

Well, there was an opening in it. Close enough.

”Everyone! Go!

@Scars of Hathsin @The Bookwyrm @J. Magi @Edema Rue @The Stormfather @WhyEverNot_8

2 hours ago, Spark of Hope said:

The gate was open. 

It was open.

”Everyone! Go!

@Scars of Hathsin @The Bookwyrm @J. Magi @Edema Rue @The Stormfather @WhyEverNot_8

Sharp rushed through the gate, grabbing Dougella's hand as he ran. He had to make sure they both got out of this.

( @Scars of Hathsin

They pushed through peacemakers as the moved forward. His knife was slick with blood, and it was getting difficult to hold on to.

22 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

mhm

map:

GATE #1 ---- Sharlin+co----------------Attacking Peacemakers---------Tributes----GATE#2----

Edited by J. Magi

1 minute ago, Spark of Hope said:

alrighty, if it doesn't work for anyone we can make things more complex or different or something

1 hour ago, The Bookwyrm said:

The other group just opened a gate, too.

wHOOPS

1 hour ago, J. Magi said:

GATE #1 ---- Sharlin+co----------------Attacking Peacemakers---------Tributes----GATE#2----

oh perfect yay

5 hours ago, Lotus Blossom said:

And still.

And yet.

Mark dashed towards Marewill and Tinker, ushering them towards the gate while firing a few shots with his rifle.

4 hours ago, Spark of Hope said:

The gate was open. 

It was open.

”Everyone! Go!

Mark ran.

As fast as he could, pulling Marewill and Tinker beside him. Dougella and Sharp were too far out for him to get them at the moment.

”You two, go!”

He turned back towards the other two, firing a few shots at a pair of peacekeepers.

click.

“Sharp! Dougella! Move! Now!” Mark sprints over to them, exhaustion from the extended fighting pricking at him. 
There was blood on his face, from what he didn’t know.

Too… much….

His body was begging him to give up, stop running, stop fighting. He almost did.

But there was something holding him back. Words he had spoken.

”Strength before weakness.” He whispered as he fought, again and again. Sometimes he used his Blade, sometimes a gun. But at that moment, the only things he saw was the peacekeepers, the gate.

And Astra.

”You will NOT kill them!” He roared with the volume of the storms themselves.

@Scars of Hathsin @J. Magi

Astra, glanced about through the bloodbath, watching the stampede of tributes flood the gate.

Alone, quiet, for a moment, she released her blade.

She peered through the opening of the gate, now that the battle had moved on, suffocating in the corridor.

From the corner of her eye she saw an injured peacekeeper stagger towards her, weapon in hand.

She scoffed and pushed herself through the gate with a snarl.

And what she saw on the other side was absolute chaos.

Ten heartbeats.

Rivia, the fight isn't over yet.

5 minutes ago, The Stormfather said:

Mark dashed towards Marewill and Tinker, ushering them towards the gate while firing a few shots with his rifle.

Mark ran.

As fast as he could, pulling Marewill and Tinker beside him. Dougella and Sharp were too far out for him to get them at the moment.

”You two, go!”

He turned back towards the other two, firing a few shots at a pair of peacekeepers.

click.

“Sharp! Dougella! Move! Now!” Mark sprints over to them, exhaustion from the extended fighting pricking at him. 

Too… much….

His body was begging him to give up, stop running, stop fighting. He almost did.

”Strength before weakness.” He whispered as he fought, again and again. Sometimes he used his Blade, sometimes a gun. But at that moment, the only things he saw was the peacekeepers, the gate.

And Astra.

"We're not as injured," Sharp called after stabbing a peacemaker and shoving him aside as he fell. "We can't risk you collapsing--get out yourself!"

He continued to pull Dougella through the fight--pushing further down the tunnel.

Edited by J. Magi

1 hour ago, J. Magi said:

At this point I think complexity is our enemy.

We've just got to get this done.

10 minutes ago, The Stormfather said:

Mark ran.

”You two, go!”

click.

Too… much….

And Astra.

Tinker followed Mark through the gate, making sure he was close to Marewill. He aimed for arms and legs with the rifle, disabling any Peacekeepers that got too close. 

Zephyr grenades to stun, Verdant grenades to incapacitate, Crimson to wound and scare away. It was effective, but he was running out of spores. And water. His mouth was dry, and he was having trouble soaking the fuses.

Heh...ironic. I'm not even forming the Luhel bond myself and I'm still running out of water.

He tossed a Zephyr grenade into a group of soldiers that were converging on Mark, and it exploded, throwing the soldiers in various directions and stopping them in their tracks.

Let's hope it's not too much farther.

@Spark of Hope

Milay dashed into the sudden fray. Soldiers from the house were clashing with the government's Peacekeepers. Shots were being fired, spore grenades going off.

She drew her obsidian knife and began incapacitating as many as she could; slicing arms, hands, ankles. Using Steel, she pushed bullets away from her and disarmed opponents. 

At one point she tripped and fell to the ground. As she rolled over to get up, she saw a Peacekeeper standing over her, rifle pointed at her head, murder in his eyes. She pushed, and the rifle shot upwards, hitting him in the head hard enough to knock him out before rocketing towards the ceiling. After it fell, she scrambled and grabbed it.

Might come in handy.

She ran through the battlefield to find her parents quickly and easily dispatching a group of the Peacekeepers with spore weaponry. Falr had a large gash in his arm, though. It looked bad.

"Dad!" she called, running up to them as they finished the skirmish. 

"I'm okay," he said. "We'll get this patched up. Get the troops deeper into the tunnel."

Milay hesitated, then nodded, running off again.

She found Sharlin near the front of the fighting.

"Hey!" she called. "Falr says to push the line forward!"

@J. Magi

Edited by The Bookwyrm

6 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Tinker followed Mark through the gate, making sure he was close to Marewill. He aimed for arms and legs with the rifle, disabling any Peacekeepers that got too close. 

Zephyr grenades to stun, Verdant grenades to incapacitate, Crimson to wound and scare away. It was effective, but he was running out of spores. And water. His mouth was dry, and he was having trouble soaking the fuses.

Heh...ironic. I'm not even forming the Luhel bond myself and I'm still running out of water.

He tossed a Zephyr grenade into a group of soldiers that were converging on Mark, and it exploded, throwing the soldiers in various directions and stopping them in their tracks.

@Spark of Hope

Milay dashed into the sudden fray. Soldiers from the house were clashing with the government's Peacekeepers. Shots were being fired, spore grenades going off.

She drew her obsidian knife and began incapacitating as many as she could; slicing arms, hands, ankles. Using Steel, she pushed bullets away from her and disarmed opponents. 

At one point she tripped and fell to the ground. As she rolled over to get up, she saw a Peacekeeper standing over her, rifle pointed at her head, murder in his eyes. She pushed, and the rifle shot upwards, hitting him in the head hard enough to knock him out before rocketing towards the ceiling. After it fell, she scrambled and grabbed it.

Might come in handy.

She ran through the battlefield to find her parents quickly and easily dispatching a group of the Peacekeepers with spore weaponry. Falr had a large gash in his arm, though. It looked bad.

"I'm okay," he said. "We'll get this patched up. Get the troops deeper into the tunnel."

@J. Magi

I agree, we want to complete this soon. That said, I didn't want any one to feel like things were being too easy or that they were disappointed with the ending.

Sharlin was covered in blood, rifle in hand, a bright smile on her face.

"Alright!"

She shouted orders at a few squads to her right, who raced forward pushing through the chaos.

"Isn't this so much fun?" 

Edited by J. Magi

17 minutes ago, The Stormfather said:

Mark ran.

”You two, go!”

click.

Too… much….

And Astra.

6 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

@Spark of Hope

Might come in handy.

@J. Magi

She ran with her knife in one hand, the other clinging to Tinker's for dear life.

Gotta go for like 50 mins

10 minutes ago, J. Magi said:

Sharlin was covered in blood, rifle in hand, a bright smile on her face.

"Alright!"

She shouted orders at a few squads to her right, who raced forward pushing through the chaos.

"Isn't this so much fun?" 

Milay blinked.

"No."

1 hour ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Milay blinked.

"No."

"Oh come on!" Sharlin said as she reloaded her revolver, used casings hitting the floor with a tink. 

"The adrenaline? The excitement??? The satisfying feeling of doing something impactful????? It's wonderful!!"

Spoiler

I know nothing about guns don't @ me

9 minutes ago, J. Magi said:

"Oh come on!" Sharlin said as she reloaded her revolver, used casings hitting the floor with a tink. 

"The adrenaline? The excitement??? The satisfying feeling of doing something impactful????? It's wonderful!!"

Hide contents

@J. Magi

Tee hee

Mischief

Lol

9 hours ago, J. Magi said:

Hide contents

whos sharlin??

4 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

We decided we needed a rebel force to help us overthrow the government, so to avoid having to brainstorm something new I sort of revived The House. I've been playing several characters who are House officials so that we have tangible leaders in the fight, aside from my tribute character. Sharlin is one of these leaders (so is Sharanna, but she hasn't done anything in a few pages).

Spoiler

despite how much I talked about it being dead and buried in Amyra Ay lol

Edited by J. Magi