Cosmere Hunger Games - RP

Edema Rue

4 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

Absolutely! And if anyone else has posts they want to make, now is the time.

43 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

Okay!! You want it to be done today specifically?

Sharp wandered through the crowd in a daze. They were free, and alive. And he had no idea what to do with himself.

He didn't know if he should go up to Dougella. He hated to think he'd interrupt her reunion with her dad. 

Surrounded by so many happy survivors he couldn't help but think of Kryn. His cousin. His best friend.

They were dead.

And that, more then the loneliness of the lost feeling was what weighed down his heart. He didn't want to go back to his old life, his old family. Not if Kryn wasn't there.

The ride to Moongaze was a long one. Crocus had insisted Marewill rest on the way there. She’d resisted at first, but quickly gave in to sleep’s pull. Sandwiched between her mother and Tinker, she felt safer than she had for a long time.

~~~

Lily was asleep when Meron heard it approaching. She was pressed into him, both for safety and familiarity. 

“Lil, wake up.” He shook her gently. 

“Mmrgh…” Her eyes flitted open. 

Meron’s face lit up. It could only mean one thing. 

~~~

”Mare,” Crocus said quietly. 

She slowly woke up. She lifted her head from her mother’s shoulder. “What?” she said. 

Crocus smiled. “My goodness, you were tired… We’re here.”

Marewill had to think for a moment. Then she understood. 

The carrier lurched on the ground, and she rose to her feet. The door dropped open, and she stepped into the world for the first time in too long. 

The moon and the stars hung dutifully in the sky, illuminating the two children below. They were in pajamas running right for the carrier. 

Some burst of energy propelled her forward, and it was barely any time at all before both of them were wrapped in their big sister’s arms.

”Willy!” Lily cried happily. She was sandwiched between her older siblings, clinging tightly to the thin jumpsuit. It had been too long since she’d felt that little grip, clinging tightly to her. She was physically crying too. It soaked into the material. Marewill couldn’t care less. 

The waterworks had gone to work with Meron as well. Finally, she was back. He wouldn’t have to lose her again. 

Marewill kissed their heads like crazy, making up for lost time. It would be a struggle to pry her off of those two. 

Lily felt a bulge in the fabric - a pocket. She reached in and pulled out the red lollipop. “You didn’t eat it?”

Marewill laughed shallowly. “I couldn’t. I missed you too much.”

Lily undid the wrapper and pushed it into her sister’s mouth. “No more.”

Marewill smiled and pushed the stick to the side of her mouth. “Right. I don’t have to miss you any more.”

Lily pressed her head against her sister’s chest, Meron coming in just behind. Marewill laid her head on top of theirs. 

She was back with her family. And she still had Tinker. And after the arena, she didn’t need anything more.

… and thus ends Marewill’s arc

This was really fun, guys. Thank you for making the rp awesome!

6 minutes ago, J. Magi said:

Sharp wandered through the crowd in a daze. They were free, and alive. And he had no idea what to do with himself.

He didn't know if he should go up to Dougella. He hated to think he'd interrupt her reunion with her dad. 

Surrounded by so many happy survivors he couldn't help but think of Kryn. His cousin. His best friend.

They were dead.

And that, more then the loneliness of the lost feeling was what weighed down his heart. He didn't want to go back to his old life, his old family. Not if Kryn wasn't there.

Before all this…

Crocus saw the boy all alone. A heaviness hung over him. 

She kissed her daughter’s head. “I’ll be right back.”

She walked over to Sharp and placed a tender hand on his shoulder. “You lost someone in there, didn’t you?”

7 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

Crocus saw the boy all alone. A heaviness hung over him. 

She kissed her daughter’s head. “I’ll be right back.”

She walked over to Sharp and placed a tender hand on his shoulder. “You lost someone in there, didn’t you?”

He studied her with dark eyes.

"Your Marewills mom?" He asked, avoiding the question.

3 minutes ago, J. Magi said:

He studied her with dark eyes.

"Your Marewills mom?" He asked, avoiding the question.

She had the same hair and build as her daughter, but her eyes were hazel rather than green. “Yes, I am.” She noted his dodging the question. “He was close to you, wasn’t he?”

Just now, Spark of Hope said:

She had the same hair and build as her daughter, but her eyes were hazel rather than green. “Yes, I am.” She noted his dodging the question. “He was close to you, wasn’t he?”

"You don't anything about it," Sharp said tired. "But . . . yes."

Just now, J. Magi said:

"You don't anything about it," Sharp said tired. "But . . . yes."

She put her hands on his shoulders. “Seven years ago, I lost my husband. I know everything about it.”

She put her hands on his shoulders. “Seven years ago, I lost my husband. I know everything about it.”

"I'm sorry for your loss, and I appreciate the sentiment but . . ."

Sharp pulled out of her grip and moved a few paces away, bending to pick up his red coat. It was tattered from the battle, and the fabric was stiff with his Commands. With a muttered command, he pulled the breaths out of the fabric and back into his soul. It made him feel a little lighter, but not enough.

Hesitantly, he pulled the coat on. It may be a little worse for wear, but he had paid far too much to leave it behind.

". . . Just because you've suffered, and I've suffered doesn't mean the suffering goes away. It just means there's twice as much pain in the world." Sharp turned to meet her eyes, feeling hollow.

Just now, J. Magi said:

"I'm sorry for your loss, and I appreciate the sentiment but . . ."

Sharp pulled out of her grip and moved a few paces away, bending to pick up his red coat. It was tattered from the battle, and the fabric was stiff with his Commands. With a muttered command, he pulled the breaths out of the fabric and back into his soul. It made him feel a little lighter, but not enough.

Hesitantly, he pulled the coat on. It may be a little worse for wear, but he had paid far too much to leave it behind.

". . . Just because you've suffered, and I've suffered doesn't mean the suffering goes away. It just means there's twice as much pain in the world." Sharp turned to meet her eyes, feeling hollow.

She sighed. “I know… God I know…

”But you’re welcome to come with us. If there’s one thing about people who hurt, we know how to help each other more than those who haven’t felt that kind of hurt.”

She sighed. “I know… God I know…

”But you’re welcome to come with us. If there’s one thing about people who hurt, we know how to help each other more than those who haven’t felt that kind of hurt.”

Sharp stared at for a few moments. Could he really escape so easily? Go live somewhere far away from them and keep his head down?

"My name is Sharp . . ."

A horrible name. A violent name. A cursed name.

He tilted his head, watching for her expression. "Does that mean anything to you?"

it would be reasonable for him to expect her to recognize it--the Mcdonald family is reasonably famous in history (especially hg history). Up to you though.

Edited by J. Magi

Just now, J. Magi said:

Sharp stared at for a few moments. Could he really escape so easily? Go live somewhere far away from them and keep his head down?

"My name is Sharp . . ."

A horrible name. A violent name. A cursed name.

He tilted his head, watching for her expression. "Does that mean anything to you?"

“It does.

”It means you stood by my daughter when it would have been so much easier to leave her on her own.

”It means you defended your allies for no personal gain. 

“It means that even though it hurt, and it hurt like hell, you still kept going.

”It means you’re you. You didn’t let your circumstances define who you are. You chose for yourself. And it doesn’t have to mean anything else.”

43 minutes ago, J. Magi said:

They were dead.

Doesn’t have to be today! It just has to be still moving at least a little bit.

MY BUCKET IS NOT BIG ENOUGH FOR THIS MANY TEARS

1 minute ago, Spark of Hope said:

“It does.

”It means you stood by my daughter when it would have been so much easier to leave her on her own.

”It means you defended your allies for no personal gain. 

“It means that even though it hurt, and it hurt like hell, you still kept going.

”It means you’re you. You didn’t let your circumstances define who you are. You chose for yourself. And it doesn’t have to mean anything else.”

"Maybe."

"But it also means I'm the heir of death." He straightened the jacket, standing tall. Yes, he was sure now.

"Curse or not it follows me. Ghosts or not, things that should be left in the past will live on."

1 minute ago, Edema Rue said:

Gotta have me my Sharp angst

Posted (edited)

Corin stood off to the side, saying nothing, looking at no one. You were right, Ariya. It would never have been okay to let them die.

I know. Let’s go, okay? This whole coup…maybe the gamemakers didn’t have a chance to get to your friends.

But maybe they did.

For the first time since Corin had been captured, he saw his spren. Faintly blue, dressed like a street kid. Her hair had streaks of darker blue, almost purple. What do I do if they’re gone? Is it even worth trying if they’re dead?

There are Words, Corin. Words you can say.

“I know,” he whispered. “But I’m afraid to say them.”

Why?

Because…because it felt like admitting that it was okay to let them die. Because it felt like admitting that they were gone. Because he had accepted the bond with Ariya for them, and he refused to believe that they were just more people for him to protect.

The Words help, Corin.

But what if they don’t?

You don’t have to say them now, Ariya murmured, meeting his eyes. Just promise me you aren’t giving up.

Corin didn’t reply, instead looking at the ground. 

Edited by Edema Rue

7 minutes ago, J. Magi said:

"Maybe."

"But it also means I'm the heir of death." He straightened the jacket, standing tall. Yes, he was sure now.

"Curse or not it follows me. Ghosts or not, things that should be left in the past will live on."

“You are what you decide you are. If that is how you see yourself, so be it. But I don’t think it is.”

2 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

“You are what you decide you are. If that is how you see yourself, so be it. But I don’t think it is.”

"Why?" he asked flatly.

Edited by J. Magi

Just now, J. Magi said:

"Why?"

“If you were, well, I doubt you would have made any allies in there. But you had Dougella, Connor, Tinker, Mare… They’re your allies. One might even say your friends. If you really brought death with you, that wouldn’t be the case.”