Cosmere Hunger Games - RP

Edema Rue

Okay I'm all caught up. Sorry, I was hiking.

Outside GM HQ

"Zebtir, first explosive launch in three. Two. One. Go!" 

Zebtir burned steel and pushed, sending the small explosives towards the door. As they got close, he pushed a tiny bomb with a fuse already lit into them. They were very basic explosives, so it was easy to ignite them with another explosion.

Basically just gunpowder.

A lot.

A ball of fire erupted in front of the door, provoking screams from inside. A volley of pistol fire rang out against the shouting, and Zebtir sprayed coins, pushing hard against them. He didn't know if it hit anyone. 

Adris lifted his pistol, readying himself.

Two Steeles he had never bothered to learn the names of pushed a wagon filled with two dozen sticks of dynamite, sending it rolling towards the door.

"Back, everybody! Back!" Adris ran full tilt away from the cart. 

Three.

He turned for a moment, making certain everyone had heard him and knew that they should get away.

two.

Once he was far enough, he leveled his pistol towards the now-exploded door.

One.

Boom.

All was fire and ash.

@J. Magi you can hop in to do what the House soldiers are doing at the time.

HG arena.

The Killer taken aback for a moment by Corin. Enough for The Human, the real Mark, to take control. Enough to speak, and make certain that the Killer wouldn't return. Seize himself fully, remember the ways from long ago that he used to resist this thing, this beast inside of him.

"Corin! Get us out of here, now! We gotta go, because I'm pretty sure the rest of them aren't gonna' like this! Also, if you ever do somethign like this again, be certain that there'll soon be a shardknife through your eye."

@Edema Rue

29 minutes ago, The Stormfather said:

Outside GM HQ

Zebtir burned steel and pushed, sending the small explosives towards the door. As they got close, he pushed a tiny bomb with a fuse already lit into them. They were very basic explosives, so it was easy to ignite them with another explosion.

A lot.

A ball of fire erupted in front of the door, provoking screams from inside. A volley of pistol fire rang out against the shouting, and Zebtir sprayed coins, pushing hard against them. He didn't know if it hit anyone. 

Two Steeles he had never bothered to learn the names of pushed a wagon filled with two dozen sticks of dynamite, sending it rolling towards the door.

Three.

He turned for a moment, making certain everyone had heard him and knew that they should get away.

two.

One.

Boom.

All was fire and ash.

HG arena.

The Killer taken aback for a moment by Corin. Enough for The Human, the real Mark, to take control. Enough to speak, and make certain that the Killer wouldn't return. Seize himself fully, remember the ways from long ago that he used to resist this thing, this beast inside of him.

"Corin! Get us out of here, now! We gotta go, because I'm pretty sure the rest of them aren't gonna' like this! Also, if you ever do somethign like this again, be certain that there'll soon be a shardknife through your eye."

@Edema Rue

“It wasn’t me,” Corin repeated. “I’ll explain later. If there is a later.” He winced. “I’m…not so sure I can get us out.”

46 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

“It wasn’t me,” Corin repeated. “I’ll explain later. If there is a later.” He winced. “I’m…not so sure I can get us out.”

"We can at least try," Tinker said. "Do you know where an exit might be?"

@Spark of Hope

I'm waiting for JM before we do the actual raid, but there are people on the way to rescue them. We just have to time skip them because that part of the RP is in the past.

30 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

@Spark of Hope

Corin shook his head numbly. “I could—get you all down to the central platform, if you want.”

1 hour ago, The Bookwyrm said:

@Spark of Hope

1 hour ago, Edema Rue said:

Corin shook his head numbly. “I could—get you all down to the central platform, if you want.”

“That’d be nice, at least…”

Sorry I was busy 😭

11 hours ago, The Stormfather said:

"Alright. Blow a hole right through the main entrance. My Coinshot can spray some metal into there and my Lurcher can grab some random metal things and yank them lightly, try to get lucky and pull the right line to take one of those rifles."

"The rest of us spray some bullets in, but when they actually start coming to fight, we wait. We have the Coinshot push more explosives further into the HQ, hopefully taking out a few more guards, then we go in, gun's a'blazin."

"Sound like a good plan?"

McDonald warehouse:

"Good with me," Sharanna said flashing a smile. "And of course, my men will be there to provide cover and backup."

By then, the extra House forces had arrived, and the warehouse was full of soldiers in neat uniforms. Everything was ready.

7 hours ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Her eyes widened slightly at that. Then she chuckled. "Well, I guess in the near future you get to meet the boy your girl has the hots for...assuming this goes well."

A young woman, probably about seventeen, emerged from the crowd. "What is it, Mom?"

"Can you take these two children to Arla? They need a place to stay."

"Sure." Milay turned to Meron and Lily, crouching down in the same way her mother had. "You ready to come?"

7 hours ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

Alderic exits the aircraft, dressed in his traditional military attire, a suit of thick glowing black and purple armor. 

Tinkers village:

Sharlin watched the new people arrive, checking to make sure everything was under control. Plus, she was mildly curious. The woman and children were the family of a tribute, it seemed. She wondered why'd they'd come at all. They couldn't fight. This was a place violence.

Maybe they were friends of the villagers. She decided it wasn't her business.

Watching them go, she slunk up to the guy who'd just got off the hover-craft. The guy stood out more then a dead frog in a chicken coop.

"Hey mister weird guy-with the armor! Who're you?"

@Ancient Elantrian

3 hours ago, The Stormfather said:

Outside GM HQ

A lot.

Three.

two.

One.

Boom.

All was fire and ash.

GM HQ, 8:15 p.m.

Soldiers in black rushed the building after the explosion, overwhelming capital security guards. The entrance was secured in minutes.

Deeper into the hall, peacekeepers used large chunks of debris as cover from the onslaught. House members and gang members alike fought deeper into the building. 

The dynamite had been a good tactic, it seemed. Striking hard and fast had taken everyone off-guard.

Sharanna surveyed the efforts from the front hall. She herself stayed mostly out of the fight, unlike the earlier alley fight. A small first aid station was set up swiftly, and she helped organize groups to capture different wings of the building. 

@The Stormfather

The person in charge of the govt is like . . . a president right? I just need to know what they're dismantalling.

1 hour ago, Edema Rue said:

HG Arena:

"Yes . . . yes that'd be good!" Sharp said. His heart raced with excitement at seeing the good part of Corin win. Maybe Tinker and Mare wouldn't have to fight after all. He wouldn't have to face Dougella.

He glanced around at the other tributes. "What exactly is our plan of action?"

Edited by J. Magi

1 hour ago, Spark of Hope said:

“That’d be nice, at least…”

Corin Lashes himself up, then towards her.

You guys can pretend he’s shuttled all the tributes to the center because that’s a lot of repetition lok

10 minutes ago, J. Magi said:

McDonald warehouse:

"Good with me," Sharanna said flashing a smile. "And of course, my men will be there to provide cover and backup."

By then, the extra House forces had arrived, and the warehouse was full of soldiers in neat uniforms. Everything was ready.

Tinkers village:

Sharlin watched the new people arrive, checking to make sure everything was under control. Plus, she was mildly curious. The woman and children were the family of a tribute, it seemed. She wondered why'd they'd come at all. They couldn't fight. This was a place violence.

Watching them go, she slunk up to the guy who'd just got off the hover-craft. The guy stood out more then a dead frog in a chicken coop.

@Ancient Elantrian

Soldiers in black rushed the building after the explosion, overwhelming capital security guards. The entrance was secured in minutes.

Deeper into the hall, peacekeepers used large chunks of debris as cover from the onslaught. House members and gang members alike fought deeper into the building. 

The dynamite had been a good tactic, it seemed. Striking hard and fast had taken everyone off-guard.

Sharanna surveyed the efforts from the front hall. She herself stayed mostly out of the fight, unlike the earlier alley fight. A small first aid station was set up swiftly, and she helped organize groups to capture different wings of the building. 

@The Stormfather

HG Arena:

"Yes . . . yes that'd be good!" Sharp said. His heart raced with excitement at seeing the good part of Corin win. Maybe Tinker and Mare wouldn't have to fight after all. He wouldn't have to face Dougella.

Once all the tributes were in the center, Corin retreated. “I can’t even save them,” he whispered. “Or my friends. They’ll all die for nothing.”

It isn’t nothing. And you don’t know they’ll die.

Corin didn’t answer.

Just now, Edema Rue said:

Once all the tributes were in the center, Corin retreated. “I can’t even save them,” he whispered. “Or my friends. They’ll all die for nothing.”

Corin didn’t answer.

"Who's going to die?" Sharp asked, hoping off of his little stone platform on the main arena. "Maybe we can help each other?"

1 hour ago, J. Magi said:

"Who's going to die?" Sharp asked, hoping off of his little stone platform on the main arena. "Maybe we can help each other?"

Corin stiffened, opening his mouth to deflect him. Don’t shut them out, Ariya whispered. 

“I have—friends,” Corin said quietly. “On the outside. Just a group of kids, really, but they said—they said they’d kill them. If I didn’t do what they wanted.”

39 minutes ago, The Stormfather said:

"Corin, if you had enough light could you lash us out through the top, or is there a barrier on even the sky?"

(Been playing too much minecraft and considering Pearl glitching through the barrier.)

Corin shook his head. “That’s all I’ve got.”

42 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

Corin stiffened, opening his mouth to deflect him. Don’t shut them out, Ariya whispered. 

“I have—friends,” Corin said quietly. “On the outside. Just a group of kids, really, but they said—they said they’d kill them. If I didn’t do what they wanted.”

"Right . . ." Sharp said, thinking. "I'm sure we can find a way to help them, do you know where they are?"

3 hours ago, J. Magi said:

McDonald warehouse:

Tinkers village:

@Ancient Elantrian

@The Stormfather

HG Arena:

3 hours ago, Edema Rue said:

Corin didn’t answer.

Benjamin Savage, GMHQ

Benjamin taps speed, all the speed he had been saving up for months on a whim, and rushes forward grabbing a weapon from one of the peacekeepers that he passed, and stopping behind them all, watching as his sides bullet's slowly moved towards their aim. He himself takes aim from behind the peacekeepers. Torturing bastards, he thinks to himself before shooting them all in the back, and running back before he got hit by any stray bullets.

Dougella Savage, HG Arena

Dougella glances at Corin, Wait what? . What had happened so that he had gained control of all his faculties again. She glances at Sharp, Why is everyone trusting him? she however yells out over the void that separates them. "I could try and get us into the mirror dimension" making a confirming glance at Pigment. He nods. "You should have enough investiture from the first oath"

@J. Magi @Edema Rue

10 hours ago, J. Magi said:

"Right . . ." Sharp said, thinking. "I'm sure we can find a way to help them, do you know where they are?"

“Streets of the capital city,” Corin muttered, the ghost of a smile flitting across his face. “But we need to get us out first. Or at least you guys.”

31 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

“Streets of the capital city,” Corin muttered, the ghost of a smile flitting across his face. “But we need to get us out first. Or at least you guys.”

"Yup. We gotta get out quick, because I've fought peacekeepers before, and they are a well-trained bunch. Don't wanna do that again." Mark lifts his sleeve to show a large scar across his shoulder. "Bullet skimmed me. Damn peacekeepers have so many guns."

13 hours ago, J. Magi said:

"Hey mister weird guy-with the armor! Who're you?

“I am Alderic Mageking. I am… was… a GM.”

Edited by Ancient Elantrian

20 minutes ago, The Stormfather said:

"Yup. We gotta get out quick, because I've fought peacekeepers before, and they are a well-trained bunch. Don't wanna do that again." Mark lifts his sleeve to show a large scar across his shoulder. "Bullet skimmed me. Damn peacekeepers have so many guns."

She crossed her arms. "At least you made it out of a street fight," she muttered.

44 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

She crossed her arms. "At least you made it out of a street fight," she muttered.

"My parents didn't. Rusting Peacekeepers lit the damn house on fire. What kind of police light the suspect's house on fire?"

6 minutes ago, The Stormfather said:

"My parents didn't. Rusting Peacekeepers lit the damn house on fire. What kind of police light the suspect's house on fire?"

"Neither did my father."

10 minutes ago, The Stormfather said:

4 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

"Neither did my father."

"No point arguing about the past," Tinker said. "We're tense right now. Don't let it get to you."

He turned to Corin. "I'm guessing the Arena is at least somewhat underground? It seems like they'd need it to be in order to have this much control over how the environment changes."

@Edema Rue

@J. Magi @Spark of Hope @Ancient Elantrian

Even though we're kind of in the middle of character introductions, should we just do the timeskip anyway so the people in the arena have some backup? Finish all that introduction stuff offscreen?

10 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

"No point arguing about the past," Tinker said. "We're tense right now. Don't let it get to you."

He turned to Corin. "I'm guessing the Arena is at least somewhat underground? It seems like they'd need it to be in order to have this much control over how the environment changes."

@Edema Rue

I’m fine with that

16 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

@Edema Rue

Me too

1 hour ago, The Bookwyrm said:

@Edema Rue

Yes please lol

Corin shook his head mutely. “I don’t know anymore than you do.”

Connor draws the knife he had taken from Tondon, then slammed one of the edges into the ground, hoping to chip the blade.

@Edema Rue

Wait, I feel like I’m missing something. I did see that y’all are doing the flashbacks or whatever they’re called, so if y’all are ok with Connor’s group joining, mention me or PM me or something please