Cosmere Hunger Games - RP

Edema Rue

6 hours ago, J. Magi said:

"Right . . ."

"Dougella do you feel well enough to cut through it with your blade?"

@Scars of Hathsin

Dougella, HG Arena

Dougella glances at Sharp. "What is a shardblade?" Pigment turns to her, "It is a physical manifestation of investiture" he says. "I am not permitted to say more just yet" He grins at her scowl. Dougella glances at the others, when her promise pops into her head. "Does anyone of you know who the Stormfather is?, and a Kholin?"

She is second oath, not third 🙃

44 minutes ago, Scars of Hathsin said:

Dougella, HG Arena

Dougella glances at Sharp. "What is a shardblade?" Pigment turns to her, "It is a physical manifestation of investiture" he says. "I am not permitted to say more just yet" He grins at her scowl. Dougella glances at the others, when her promise pops into her head. "Does anyone of you know who the Stormfather is?, and a Kholin?"

"Nope," Sharp said. Maybe his sister would know--she had knowledge on ancient mysterious stuff.

OH but I thought she used one on the guards?

1 minute ago, Scars of Hathsin said:

and this, class, is why reading rp posts while listening to loud and distracting music will come back to haunt you in the end

4 hours ago, Spark of Hope said:

"I meant with breaking the fence..."

@J. Magi @Edema Rue

I am actually waiting for bookwyrm to respond to my last post in that story thread, he may have missed it. The rebel group came up on a gate of their own while Sharlin and Bookwyrms character were talking.

@The Bookwyrm

4 hours ago, Edema Rue said:

4 hours ago, J. Magi said:

3 hours ago, Spark of Hope said:

36 minutes ago, Scars of Hathsin said:

Sigh...

My life got a lot a bit busy the last few days. I'm going under for a short surgery tomorrow (see my latest SU) so while I'm lying in bed recovering I'll probably have time to actually write out a satisfying conclusion.

...Assuming I'm not too loopy. Or just dead tired.

Even so, I'm not sure I trust myself to do that moment justice right now...

I PROMISE I'LL GET TO IT EVENTUALLY! This is just kind of a bad time for me right now.

Sorry.

I'll try to get it done as soon as I can.

On 8/18/2024 at 9:27 AM, Lotus Blossom said:

A hand flashed to her mouth, and she grabbed Mark's arm, using her right hand to summon her shardblade.

It came quickly.

She must've been nervous.

Alongside her, Shardblade raised, Mark charged. Fought.

And he was good.

As bullets flew, his blade shifted into a shield, and the clang of metal on metal rang out several times. He flicked his wrist, and a Sharddagger whistled through the air to take a peacekeeper through the eye.

He continued his charge, twisting around bullets and sending daggers and knives out in a storm.

Scimitar formed in his hand, he ducked down and one of the heavy guns discharged. Ears ringing, he swept in front of him, and his Blade lengthened to burn the eyes out of the peacekeeper. He scooped up the heavy weapon in one hand, drawing in the light from the emeralds in his pocket.

”Never give an Edgedancer a machine gun.” He said, head held high.

He was inexperienced with his powers, with the Blade, but it all seemed so right.

He slicked his feet, sliding past a group of peacekeepers at incredible speeds, emptying his gun at them. Several fell, and he ended his skid with a jump, both feet slamming into the chest of a peacekeeper, cracking ribs and sending both men to the ground.

A hooked dagger formed in his hands, the weapon he knew, and he spun like the storms themselves, spinning around bullets a slashing at peacekeepers as they reeled at the quick assault.

Four lay dead in a few moments.

The skills of the Killer, merges with those of the Radiant, the Human.

Unstoppable.

Unified.

He dropped to one knee, slicking his legs and sliding past two peacekeepers. Before they could turn, his dagger struck both of them. He grabbed one of their guns, firing from one hand inaccurately at another trio of peacekeepers.

They ducked away for long enough for him to slick himself over to them. As they stood from the bullet fire, they fired with pinpoint accuracy at his head.

Light raging inside him, he leaped straight upwards, momentum carrying himself forwards to land behind them, spinning his dagger and jabbing jnto k one peacekeeper, leaping to the left and the guns quickly reacted. He flung tkk on dagger at one peacekeeper, and slid at high speeds into the other, dropping them to the ground. His dagger reappeared in his hands, stabbing downwards.

He stood, light exhausted and looked around himself. 
“I am Mattise Alanti Elark Karathi! I may remember some, but you scum will be remembered by no Edgedancers! You will die, and you will die without allies! I am the descendant of Arc, the shadiest of tricksters, the grandest of men whom your people killed, and I will have vengeance! You will not kill another one of us, no matter how many guns you have, how many soldiers you throw at us. Hear me now, peacekeepers, to threaten these tributes is to die!

On 8/19/2024 at 5:52 PM, J. Magi said:

GM HQ:

Sharanna gave his hand a gentle squeeze, reassuring him. 

With a complete flip of personality, she sharply ordered several men to search the other rooms of the bunker, darkly eyeing the dead body on the floor.

When they came back empty handed, she finally let herself admit victory. The battle, at least here, was finally over.

"Alright boys," Sharanna said, addressing the gang members. "It seems we've won the headquarters."

@The Stormfather 

Escape tunnel:

"Dougella!" She had dove into the fight so quickly that Sharp had frozen, not sure if he should try to help  or if he'd just be in the way.

He rushed over to were she lay on the floor. Hastily, he dug out the contents of his pockets. 

A knife.

A fountain pen.

A handkerchief.

2 dice made of rubies. 

The dice! Bold wisps of stormlight still clung to them. Sharp grabbed them, pressing them into Dougella's hand. 

"Kryn . . . before he died he filled these with stormlight." He explained, trying to keep his voice steady. "You can use that now, right? Please, you need to heal."

He pulled off his coat and pressed it on the gunshot, trying to stop the bleeding.

“Dougella!” Mark’s head snapped over to the scene of the bloody gunshot wound. “No, no…”

He dashed over, Blade forming a large shield behind Sharp and himself as more gunshots hammered in.

“Keep her safe. I’ll keep the peacekeeper’s fire off of you.” Mark dashed to the side, a dagger throw felling another of the peacekeepers. His rage doubled, fire in his eyes, he charged once again, feet hammering on the hard ground, arms pumping and spinning to keep his Dagger moving, dropping more and more peacekeepers as time went on. 
His shield formed in the nick of time as a flurry of gunshots hit him, and he saw the peacekeepers fanning out into a semi-circle, trying to get around his shield.

“Rusts.”

I’m back from camping! I’m posting this from the car coming back, and I may have gone a bit overboard on the fight scene there. I think it was fitting, though. There’s no way those peacekeepers are stopping us when we get this close.

17 hours ago, The Stormfather said:

Alongside her, Shardblade raised, Mark charged. Fought.

And he was good.

As bullets flew, his blade shifted into a shield, and the clang of metal on metal rang out several times. He flicked his wrist, and a Sharddagger whistled through the air to take a peacekeeper through the eye.

He continued his charge, twisting around bullets and sending daggers and knives out in a storm.

Scimitar formed in his hand, he ducked down and one of the heavy guns discharged. Ears ringing, he swept in front of him, and his Blade lengthened to burn the eyes out of the peacekeeper. He scooped up the heavy weapon in one hand, drawing in the light from the emeralds in his pocket.

”Never give an Edgedancer a machine gun.” He said, head held high.

He was inexperienced with his powers, with the Blade, but it all seemed so right.

He slicked his feet, sliding past a group of peacekeepers at incredible speeds, emptying his gun at them. Several fell, and he ended his skid with a jump, both feet slamming into the chest of a peacekeeper, cracking ribs and sending both men to the ground.

A hooked dagger formed in his hands, the weapon he knew, and he spun like the storms themselves, spinning around bullets a slashing at peacekeepers as they reeled at the quick assault.

Four lay dead in a few moments.

The skills of the Killer, merges with those of the Radiant, the Human.

Unstoppable.

Unified.

He dropped to one knee, slicking his legs and sliding past two peacekeepers. Before they could turn, his dagger struck both of them. He grabbed one of their guns, firing from one hand inaccurately at another trio of peacekeepers.

They ducked away for long enough for him to slick himself over to them. As they stood from the bullet fire, they fired with pinpoint accuracy at his head.

Light raging inside him, he leaped straight upwards, momentum carrying himself forwards to land behind them, spinning his dagger and jabbing jnto k one peacekeeper, leaping to the left and the guns quickly reacted. He flung tkk on dagger at one peacekeeper, and slid at high speeds into the other, dropping them to the ground. His dagger reappeared in his hands, stabbing downwards.

He stood, light exhausted and looked around himself. 
“I am Mattise Alanti Elark Karathi! I may remember some, but you scum will be remembered by no Edgedancers! You will die, and you will die without allies! I am the descendant of Arc, the shadiest of tricksters, the grandest of men whom your people killed, and I will have vengeance! You will not kill another one of us, no matter how many guns you have, how many soldiers you throw at us. Hear me now, peacekeepers, to threaten these tributes is to die!

“Dougella!” Mark’s head snapped over to the scene of the bloody gunshot wound. “No, no…”

He dashed over, Blade forming a large shield behind Sharp and himself as more gunshots hammered in.

“Keep her safe. I’ll keep the peacekeeper’s fire off of you.” Mark dashed to the side, a dagger throw felling another of the peacekeepers. His rage doubled, fire in his eyes, he charged once again, feet hammering on the hard ground, arms pumping and spinning to keep his Dagger moving, dropping more and more peacekeepers as time went on. 
His shield formed in the nick of time as a flurry of gunshots hit him, and he saw the peacekeepers fanning out into a semi-circle, trying to get around his shield.

“Rusts.”

She looked up at Mark, then down to Dougella. She was going to be okay. 

He might not be. 

She held her dagger and stealthily approached the Peacekeepers. Once she got close enough, she tapped her speed and targeted both the arms of every one she could. 

She wasn’t going to kill anyone. Not again. But she could at least let Mark get out. 

27 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

She looked up at Mark, then down to Dougella. She was going to be okay. 

He might not be. 

She held her dagger and stealthily approached the Peacekeepers. Once she got close enough, she tapped her speed and targeted both the arms of every one she could. 

She wasn’t going to kill anyone. Not again. But she could at least let Mark get out. 

Mark quickly saw his opening when there was a moment, a single moment where the peacekeepers were distracted enough for him to rush towards them.

He knew that if he ran away, there would be bullets flying after him for every step he took. But the chaos, the chaos of the grand melee, that was where he flourished.

He dropped to his knees under a swing of a knife from one peacekeeper, dagger lengthening into a longsword to cleave through a pair of them.

He grabbed a rifle from a fallen peacekeeper and raised it up towards them, firing a few shots before reforming his shield.

4 minutes ago, The Stormfather said:

Mark quickly saw his opening when there was a moment, a single moment where the peacekeepers were distracted enough for him to rush towards them.

He knew that if he ran away, there would be bullets flying after him for every step he took. But the chaos, the chaos of the grand melee, that was where he flourished.

He dropped to his knees under a swing of a knife from one peacekeeper, dagger lengthening into a longsword to cleave through a pair of them.

He grabbed a rifle from a fallen peacekeeper and raised it up towards them, firing a few shots before reforming his shield.

She rolled behind him and ended in a lunge position. “I can cover your back, but I’m not killing any of them,” she said quietly. 

2 hours ago, Spark of Hope said:

She rolled behind him and ended in a lunge position. “I can cover your back, but I’m not killing any of them,” she said quietly. 

“That’s fine. If they were anyone else, I wouldn’t kill them.”

Mark eys the large shield against his knee, kneeling down and fired the rifle he stole a few times at the incoming peacekeepers. 
“If I can get into the middle of their group, they’re as good as done.”

Mark ducks down and braces the shield as a spray of gunshots snap against it.

He fires a few more shots, but ineffective my shooting the rifle while trying to hold a shield big enough for two people.

”they’re separating us. We need to join up with the others and use our powers to punch through them, and get through that gate.”

4 hours ago, The Stormfather said:

“That’s fine. If they were anyone else, I wouldn’t kill them.”

Mark eys the large shield against his knee, kneeling down and fired the rifle he stole a few times at the incoming peacekeepers. 
“If I can get into the middle of their group, they’re as good as done.”

Mark ducks down and braces the shield as a spray of gunshots snap against it.

He fires a few more shots, but ineffective my shooting the rifle while trying to hold a shield big enough for two people.

”they’re separating us. We need to join up with the others and use our powers to punch through them, and get through that gate.”

“Got it. Maybe…”

Can’t remember if this happened or not, but I think Tinker gave her a crimson spore grenade

She pulled out a crimson grenade, lit the fuse with her tongue, and lobbed it towards the Peacekeepers.

1 minute ago, Spark of Hope said:

“Got it. Maybe…”

She pulled out a crimson grenade, lit the fuse with her tongue, and lobbed it towards the Peacekeepers.

As the grenade lands, Mark rushes forwards, dropping his shield. It dissolves into insubstantial mist, and he shoulders the rifle and quickly picks off two peacekeepers. He summons a Sharddagger and presses into the group of reeling peacekeepers, spinning and whirling in dance-like movements that keep his dagger spinning a twirling i circles around himself while simultaneously kicking out and punching to cause general mayhem. Within a few moments, however, he knew something was about to go wrong.

One of the peacekeepers lifted a grenade in their hand.

Mark snapped his wrist, sending his dagger sailing towards the peacekeeper at incredible speed, but before it hit, the grenade was thrown.

He screamed. Terrified. Confronted with death. Knowing it was coming. Frozen.

His hands, however, and his Spren, knew what to do. Quickly, a large bar formed in his hand.

The Killer had fought enough to know some grenades detonated on impact, and some on a short fuse or timer. This one was a timer.

He swung the metal bar, and connected with a loud thunk.

The grenade sailed a small distance before detonating.

His shield formed in time, and the shrapnel was caught before it could hit, but fire seared in his eyes and burned his skin.

But he was alive.

17 minutes ago, The Stormfather said:

As the grenade lands, Mark rushes forwards, dropping his shield. It dissolves into insubstantial mist, and he shoulders the rifle and quickly picks off two peacekeepers. He summons a Sharddagger and presses into the group of reeling peacekeepers, spinning and whirling in dance-like movements that keep his dagger spinning a twirling i circles around himself while simultaneously kicking out and punching to cause general mayhem. Within a few moments, however, he knew something was about to go wrong.

One of the peacekeepers lifted a grenade in their hand.

Mark snapped his wrist, sending his dagger sailing towards the peacekeeper at incredible speed, but before it hit, the grenade was thrown.

He screamed. Terrified. Confronted with death. Knowing it was coming. Frozen.

His hands, however, and his Spren, knew what to do. Quickly, a large bar formed in his hand.

The Killer had fought enough to know some grenades detonated on impact, and some on a short fuse or timer. This one was a timer.

He swung the metal bar, and connected with a loud thunk.

The grenade sailed a small distance before detonating.

His shield formed in time, and the shrapnel was caught before it could hit, but fire seared in his eyes and burned his skin.

But he was alive.

She dragged him away, trying to be cautious of the shrapnel and injuries. She tried to look at them to make sure he was alright. 

Spoiler

Remember what we PM’d about a while ago?

Is there anything on him that would make her remember that night? An insignia, brand, tattoo etc. that might also have

Spoiler

been on the men who killed her father?

3 hours ago, Spark of Hope said:

She dragged him away, trying to be cautious of the shrapnel and injuries. She tried to look at them to make sure he was alright. 

Spoiler

He has a faint image of a tattoo that he has seemingly tried to burn off on three back of his neck.

Mark groans.

”I’m good, I’m good.” He stumbles to his feet.

”light. I need light.”