Cosmere Hunger Games - RP

Edema Rue

19 minutes ago, SmilingPanda19 said:

“Then you work to keep her alive.” It clicks off and he spins in his chair. 

“Son…” His eyes soften a little. “Come here, let me show you something.” He holds out his hand to wave him over. 

yall need to revise your idea of "family", at least your characters do.

Quelkin feels calm. Peace in the middle of the storm. Then he explodes with light. A feeling pushes him to jump up and do something. Anything. Suddenly his fatigue was gone. He quickly searches through the surrounding bushes for his quarterstaff, finds it, and picks it up. He starts running with his newfound strength through the storm. Though he is very inexperienced with his powers relating to surges his use of pewter had taught him lon ago how to use a little extra strength to push him far. "Nacho lets go" he yells as he continues to run through the thick foliage. The easiest way to win whole game would be to get the acceptance of the gamemasters. And Qeulkin knew that they wanted blood. So he would give them it. The best time to attack would be when others were focused on the storm where he could easily surprise them. "Maybe he wouldn't even have to kill them", he thought as he ran, "he could just hit them a few times and grab their supplies and run."

Connor raises his arms in front of his eyes and grunts “When is this [dang] storm gonna be over!?”

I realized that my last message should’ve been in a quote box, sorry about that :I

1 minute ago, The Stormfather said:

@Edema Rue How bad is the storm? With shelter under the roots of a tree are Mark and Astra safe?

It would depend on the side. For now assume they’re freezing cold, wet, and not at all comfortable, but alive.

And sorry everyone, the storm will end soon, we just want to give some time for more people to respond.

17 hours ago, Experience said:

<_<

Patrik closed his eyes. He felt...empty. Like a flower vase without flowers sitting alone on a table. His power was blocked somehow. What was he without it? He did a quick brain storm. Depressingly, he nothing came to his mind. suddenly he stood, Wavering in a sudden and powerful storm. His legs protested, but he ignored them. He had to unlock his power. How? He fell again with new resolution. He closed his eyes... the rain beat on him. the wind attacked him. The thunder shook him. But he was focused inward.

Breaths. He could feel them. And yet the colors around him were dull... It was smothered by...he didnt really know. HE tried desperately to grab them and pull them to the surface. Nothing happened. He began to cry..  He was going to die!  There was no hope! And yet a curious set of words came into his mind. 

Life before death. 

Could he live? No, He was too weak without his powers he was nothing. 

Strength before weakness.

He need his power. He would find it. He would try. He would get up again. But...He thought of the others. They had been stronger. More powerful. What was the point in fighting even to your last breath, only to fail.

Journey before destination.

Maybe it wasn't to become king. Patrik's whole life was to become a powerful leader. But, as he sat weak in a jungle of nowhere, that didn't matter anymore. His life was not just a destination. Partik had yet to live. He had trained, but for what? 

For this.

He could live another day.

He could find his strength.

He could live his life.

With the strain of his entire body, soul, and mind, Patrik reached for his Breaths...

@Experience

Edited by ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ

1 hour ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

"IM BEING THE BUCKET SHUSH"

"YOUR BEING AN IDIOT."

35 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

A boulder smashes right in front of the group of four, kicking rocks up in their faces, but they remain relatively unharmed as the winds and lightning beats against them.

Sharp grunts as he's hit by a wave of pebbles. "Don't lean out too far Krin!"

54 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

Keep your mask on keep your mask on do not let him see don’t get angry—

“S-sure,” Gavin said, smiling.

He places his hand on Gavin's shoulder, reaching up slightly as he sits in his chair. His eyes meet his, they are a soft color but they speak passion, not for evil but for entertainment and showmanship. 

"What do you see in those two tributes right there?" He points to the screen showing the two under the tree, Tinker and Marewill. 

31 minutes ago, SmilingPanda19 said:

He places his hand on Gavin's shoulder, reaching up slightly as he sits in his chair. His eyes meet his, they are a soft color but they speak passion, not for evil but for entertainment and showmanship. 

"What do you see in those two tributes right there?" He points to the screen showing the two under the tree, Tinker and Marewill. 

Art. Sketches just waiting for me to paint them. Potential. 

No.

People. I see people.

And I’m going to make them something beautiful, just you wait. Their broken edges will form such a wonderful picture…

”I-I d-d-don’t kn-know.” Gavin said. Your mask is crucial. “Th-th-they’re j-just t-t-t-tributes.”

Just now, Edema Rue said:

No.

People. I see people.

And I’m going to make them something beautiful, just you wait. Their broken edges will form such a wonderful picture…

”I-I d-d-don’t kn-know.” Gavin said. Your mask is crucial. “Th-th-they’re j-just t-t-t-tributes.”

MONEY.

2 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

No.

People. I see people.

He just watches his eyes for a moment. "No really... son.. you have so many... Des idées dans ta petite tête. Just speak them out." He waits a moment. "I see them as a song, one with a tune and a melody that will flow together. I see a blossoming love in them if they weren't in these games, so I will give them that little joy before one of them has to depart. Something to remember... something to be remembered by..." He looks at Gavin. "Que voyez-vous ? Ne mentez pas, mon cher."

Just now, SmilingPanda19 said:

He just watches his eyes for a moment. "No really... son.. you have so many... Des idées dans ta petite tête. Just speak them out." He waits a moment. "I see them as a song, one with a tune and a melody that will flow together. I see a blossoming love in them if they weren't in these games, so I will give them that little joy before one of them has to depart. Something to remember... something to be remembered by..." He looks at Gavin. "Que voyez-vous ? Ne mentez pas, mon cher."

OH GOD- THATS TERRIBLE-

1 hour ago, The Stormfather said:

Mark grabs Astra's wrist and pulls her to under the roots of the tree where he was hiding. "You okay? Where's Dougella? What is this storm? This isn't normal!" (He doesn't know what a highstorm is)

"I'm fine," Astra said through a gasp. "How are you, darling?"

She looked up at him and offered him a weak smile. "This is all so exciting, dear. It's your first highstorm! I suppose you've never head of such event. What a shame, to not know the phenomenas of our worlds. No matter, you'll be having some firsthand experience here in the Hunger Games! Once this storm passes, you will have survived it. That's more than most can say."

She winced as the winds shook the trees once more.

"Let's try to stay alive though, hm?"

quick question (just bc she's a radiant)... are spheres and such infused with stormlight now? can surgebinders use the stormlight during this highstorm?

@Edema Rue

12 minutes ago, SmilingPanda19 said:

Gavin hesitated. “I-I. I s-s-see c-c-colors.” The best lies are mostly truth… “I-I s-see p-p-p-paints. Y-y-you h-h-have t-to m-mix th-th-th-them j-j-just r-r-r-r-right.” He smiled at Emeric. “E-e-et p-puis i-i-ils s-s-s-seront b-beaux.”

Just realized google translate won’t appreciate stuttering…that means “and then they’ll be beautiful”. Sorry Hope and Bookie :P

3 minutes ago, Lotus Blossom said:

She looked up at him and offered him a weak smile. "This is all so exciting, dear. It's your first highstorm! I suppose you've never head of such event. What a shame, to not know the phenomenas of our worlds. No matter, you'll be having some firsthand experience here in the Hunger Games! Once this storm passes, you will have survived it. That's more than most can say."

@Edema Rue

Yes and yes…go! Kill some people!

3 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

Gavin hesitated. “I-I. I s-s-see c-c-colors.” The best lies are mostly truth… “I-I s-see p-p-p-paints. Y-y-you h-h-have t-to m-mix th-th-th-them j-j-just r-r-r-r-right.” He smiled at Emeric. “E-e-et p-puis i-i-ils s-s-s-seront b-beaux.”

Fortunately three years of French is enough for me to translate most of what’s used in the rp

17 minutes ago, Lotus Blossom said:

@Edema Rue

"What the rust is a HIghstorm?"

8 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

#iknowzerofrenchforalliknowgoogletranslateislyingtomeandthesearefakewords

Quelkin rushes through the jungle with an energy and power that continually renewed itself. For now only the fifth time in his life he felt truly alive. "Your right Nacho", he muttered, "This feels way better then pewter. I just wished that it lasted forever... and came with less wind and rain." Quelkin stops as he nears a large tree with big roots. He sees the form a person laying down and another one siting up among the roots. "Storms, how are they sleeping in this weather?" he asks Nacho. "Maybe their pretending to sleep so that someone comes in and tries to kill them. But when they get close they'll pull out a pistol... and then your gone", Nacho said. "I really doubt she has a pistol" Quelkin replied. But he proceeded forward with caution. His instincts from years on the streets kicked in as he crawled over toward the tree. He thought he saw a pack and some kind of red cloth  lying between the two people. "You now", Nacho remarked, "you probably lost your element of surprise when you decided to suck in stormlight and are now glowing during a dark storm." "You're probably right", Quelkin responds, "Better get this done before they notice me". Quelkin stands up and hefts his quarterstaff and starts to run the remaining distance between him and the two figures.  

I think I'm running towards @Spark of Hope & @The Bookwyrm