Musical Artists No One Is Allowed To Hate /j

If you dislike any of these artists, that is okay! We’re just here to have fun because ultimately, that’s what I think FGARS is supposed to accomplish. This list is not meant to say “You have to like these bands”. So just let loose and let’s jam out!

1. The Beatles

Edited by Spark of Hope

52 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

Musical Artists No One Is Allowed To Hate

No such thing, as personal preference, comfort level, and musical style differ by era, region, country, etc.

For example, I dislike two of the three already listed (though, for one, there are some songs covered by somebody else that I enjoy). 

Edited by Treamayne

3 minutes ago, Treamayne said:

No such thing, as personal preference, comfort level, and musical style differ by era, region, country, etc.

For example, I dislike two of the three already listed (though, for one, there are some songs covered by somebody else that I enjoy). 

It’s just meant to be fun.

My first crush didn’t like the Beatles (but also hadn’t listened to them). 

20 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

It’s just meant to be fun.

My first crush didn’t like the Beatles (but also hadn’t listened to them). 

It's fine to have fun - but I think it's better to do so without being exclusive.

A thread title like this implies to somebody reading it "if you don't like this, then you are not normal. Your opinion does not matter" (yes, I understand you didn't mean it that way, but the laws of unintended consequences apply). . .

Whereas a title representative of the Intent (maybe something like "Bands you love and think others should try too" or similar) would be inclusive and help people to speak up about what they like and why (and maybe help people learn about music from other genres, regions, and countries we might not otherwise try)

- - - - -

4. Nightwish - a Finnish symphonic metal band from Kitee. Excellent instrumentals, interesting lyrics. Some songs might be longer than many preferences, and the female vocalist's range goes high enough that some people I know are uncomfortable with some of the high notes. 

Edited by Treamayne
SPAG

1 minute ago, Treamayne said:

It's fine to have fun - but I think it's better to do so without being exclusive.

A thread title like this implies to somebody reading it "if you don't like this, then you are not normal. Your opinion does not matter" (yes, I understand you didn't mean it that way, but the laws of unintended consequences apply). . .

Whereas a title representative of the Intent (maybe something like "Bands you love and think others should try too" or similar) would be inclusive and help people to speak up about what they like and why (and maybe help people learn about music from other genres, regions, and countries we might not otherwise try)

- - - - -

4. Nightwish - a Finnish symphonic metal band from Kitee. Excellent instrumentals, interesting lyrics. Some songs might be longer than many preferences, and the female vocalist's range goes high enough that some people I know are uncomfortable with some of th ehigh notes. 

Thank you for telling me you thought of it that way. I didn’t think about that and I appreciate that perspective.

I don’t know if I can change the title, but I will edit the first post to include something along those lines.

Just now, Spark of Hope said:

I don’t know if I can change the title, but I will edit the first post to include something along those lines.

Editiing the first post will allow you to change the title as well (and add/remove tags).

1 minute ago, Treamayne said:

Editiing the first post will allow you to change the title as well (and add/remove tags).

Ahh didn’t realize that. Thanks!

• Spark of Hope changed the title to Musical Artists No One Is Allowed To Hate /j
1 hour ago, WhyEverNot_8 said:

…..

Reveal hidden contents

Too late :ph34r:

Hide contents

Glass, I promise you, this is a joke, they’ve got good music

Spoiler

All good

Spoiler

Also "Too Late" is actually one of their songs so HA.

HAHAHA.

😂

• 2 months later...