Teleportation : A mystery/chaotic RP about teleportations

This is a new RP idea I came up with completely on a whim.

Basically, there's a group of characters who find themselves in a random place that they don't recognize. This place could have magic, be futuristic, or anything. After a while, they teleport into another random place. The characters have no idea what's going on, they just keep teleporting. That's the main plot, but (because it would be boring if there wasn't) There's going to be some elaborate mysteries and conspiracies because why not.

Another thing, the characters can be from many time period and any world, can be magical (Don't go too OP, but can be powerful,) and can even have stuff you invented! They appear with only clothes and some basic supplies, such as a wand for a wizard, armor for a knight, laser gun for a futuristic soldier, etc...

They can be related or know each other, or not. The basis of this part is to have funny interactions between victorian era kinghts and something akin to stormtroopers. (That seems hilarious.)

Character sheet

Spoiler

Name :

Time period

Skills/powers

Starting supplies

Homeworld : ( ie : Earth, Toril, Mars, Scadrial, Coruscant, etc...)

Occupation

Anything else to add because I feel like there's probably more stuff on this character sheet

Anyone who wants to help run this RP, PM me. For what the side plots are going to be like, having two GM's would make it much more fun.

I can't think of anything else to add...

Beware of violence that will probably occur. 

remember, your characters have no idea what's going on, they just appeared. (Another thing, they don't remember perfectly what happened right before, but remember most things perfectly, just not the 10 minutes before the teleportation.)

I think I'll start the actual Rping on June 2nd, for about a  week of sign-ups? People can join after it starts as well.

(You'll probably teleport around 1-2 times a week, depending on how fast it goes.)

Edited by The Stormfather

• The Stormfather changed the title to Teleportation : A mystery/chaotic RP about teleportations
6 hours ago, The Stormfather said:

Basically, there's a group of characters who find themselves in a random place that they don't recognize. This place could have magic, be futuristic, or anything. After a while, they teleport into another random place. The characters have no idea what's going on, they just keep teleporting. That's the main plot, but (because it would be boring if there wasn't) There's going to be some elaborate mysteries and conspiracies because why not.

Another thing, the characters can be from many time period and any world, can be magical (Don't go too OP, but can be powerful,) and can even have stuff you invented! They appear with only clothes and some basic supplies, such as a wand for a wizard, armor for a knight, laser gun for a futuristic soldier, etc...

They can be related or know each other, or not. The basis of this part is to have funny interactions between victorian era kinghts and something akin to stormtroopers. (That seems hilarious.)

Character sheet

Reveal hidden contents

Name :

Time period

Skills/powers

Starting supplies

Occupation

Anything else to add because I feel like there's probably more stuff on this character sheet

Anyone who wants to help run this RP, PM me. For what the side plots are going to be like, having two GM's would make it much more fun.

remember, your characters have no idea what's going on, they just appeared. (Another thing, they don't remember perfectly what happened right before, but remember most things perfectly, just not the 10 minutes before the teleportation.)

I think I'll start the actual Rping on June 2nd, for about a  week of sign-ups? People can join after it starts as well.

(You'll probably teleport around 1-2 times a week, depending on how fast it goes.)

Can I be a gm?

Oh, this sounds pretty interesting. Kinda like Sunlit Man, but like. more.

I wonder if it would be fun if I just stole a character from preexisting media, like if I was literally Scout from Team Fortress 2.

10 minutes ago, AltonicKeys said:

Oh, this sounds pretty interesting. Kinda like Sunlit Man, but like. more.

I wonder if it would be fun if I just stole a character from preexisting media, like if I was literally Scout from Team Fortress 2.

As long as you give it a few edits sure why not? 

Spoiler

Name : Rachel Zeneth

Time period : Present day (I think it'd be funny to mix modern characters in with our historical/medieval ones)

Skills/powers : Good with math/calculations

Starting supplies : Useless lanyard with car keys, notebook/pen

Homeworld : Earth

Occupation : Unofficial private music teacher ; currently majoring in music education

Anything else to add because I feel like there's probably more stuff on this character sheet : Sweet, protective, strangely random fondness for lemonade

Spoiler

Name: Larry Nicryyan

Time period: A long time ago (Far future)

Skills/powers: Poor eyesight

Starting supplies: Laser blaster, surplus armor

Homeworld: A galaxy far, far away.

Anything else to add because I feel like there's probably more stuff on this character sheet: Can't read. Not the smartest person out there

Here is my 100% original character

4 hours ago, AltonicKeys said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Name: Larry Nicryyan

Time period: A long time ago (Far future)

Skills/powers: Poor eyesight

Starting supplies: Laser blaster, surplus armor

Homeworld: A galaxy far, far away.

Anything else to add because I feel like there's probably more stuff on this character sheet: Can't read. Not the smartest person out there

Here is my 100% original character

Yup, 100% original. I assume he has terrible aim?

8 hours ago, The Stormfather said:

It's working. It's going to happen. Please, work... We've spent too long on this project. Oh! Quick, flip off the generator! Something's going wrong!

Boom.

@Part Of The Narrative @AltonicKeys @RoyalBeeMage

you wake up in a fairly normal-looking place. around you is what looks to be a farm. in all other directions are massive cliff faces preventing you from going anywhere but the farm. 

Spoiler

is this thing working? testing testing 1, 2, 3. I don't have much time. i will try and establish a more secure communications with you later. for now all I can tell you is- *beep* end of communication *in a robotic voice*

@The Stormfather feel free to veto anything.

Larry looks around, disoriented. He taps a few buttons on his wrist, and something beeps. "Division 5, does anyone read me? This is number 014, can anyone hear me?" He asks. Waiting for any response, he starts towards the farm.

2 hours ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

you wake up in a fairly normal-looking place. around you is what looks to be a farm. in all other directions are massive cliff faces preventing you from going anywhere but the farm. 

Hide contents

is this thing working? testing testing 1, 2, 3. I don't have much time. i will try and establish a more secure communications with you later. for now all I can tell you is- *beep* end of communication *in a robotic voice*

@The Stormfather feel free to veto anything.

No, this is all good. 

What's going on? This... Who are these people? Wait.. this could work... It's not what they expected, but it could still get us some cash.

In the farm you can see large expanses of grain and wheat, along with a huge field for cows. There is also a large, very large solid steel coop for chickens, one that looks nearly like a bunker of some kind, yet the front of it faces you and you can see the chickens. (You might not know what a chicken is, depending.) There is a sign on the chicken coop that is too far away to read. Below the cliffs on all other sides there are crashing waves of the ocean, with a near two-hundred foot drop down to it. You can see, off in the distance, the sails of ships out on the ocean, but you do not see any modern or high-tech ships with steam engines or whatever futuristic engines are powered by. Only sails.

On 5/26/2024 at 9:43 AM, The Stormfather said:

Character sheet

Reveal hidden contents

Name :

Time period

Skills/powers

Starting supplies

Occupation

Can I sleeper this?

On 5/26/2024 at 10:43 AM, The Stormfather said:

waaaaaaait this is like that one obscure anime I was obsessed with in middle school!

I would also like to join if that's cool as if there aren't several other rp's I'm behind on ignore that

I got reaaaaal nerdy with this one:

Spoiler

Name : Kato Akimitsu

Time period : The Meiji Period (1868-1912) of Japan

Skills/powers : Powerful swordsmanship and use of Ki

Starting supplies : A Katana, typical Samurai Yoroi (armor), a satchel with basic traveling supplies, a large store of Ki (this isn't physical--it's basically 'magical' energy reserves that are used to do more powerful sword moves)

Homeworld : ( ie : Earth, Toril, Mars, Scadrial, Coruscant, etc...): Earth (past)

Anything else to add because I feel like there's probably more stuff on this character sheet : At the beginning of the Meji period, the Samurai lost much of their former military and political power. The new government system favoring reform for Japan over the class system that had previously been used. Former Samurai take up places as leaders in society, still holding onto previous power and wealth. But the idea of the Samurai itself is abolished completely. Akimitsu's father was a well known Samurai. He was only 11 when the Meiji restoration took place (1868) and was trained to use Ki and the katana, but never truly knew life as a Samurai. He considers this to be a good thing, as he sees clearly the brutality and tyranny many samurai upheld. That being said, as his country changes around him, and he has difficulty adjusting. The future he was prepared for his entire childhood has been completely wiped away. In the prime of his adulthood Akimitsu choose to leave home (1883), traveling the country side seeking self discovery--though it seems his travels are going to take him much farther then he intended.

Edited by J. Magi

9 hours ago, The Stormfather said:

What's going on? This... Who are these people? Wait.. this could work... It's not what they expected, but it could still get us some cash.

In the farm you can see large expanses of grain and wheat, along with a huge field for cows. There is also a large, very large solid steel coop for chickens, one that looks nearly like a bunker of some kind, yet the front of it faces you and you can see the chickens. (You might not know what a chicken is, depending.) There is a sign on the chicken coop that is too far away to read. Below the cliffs on all other sides there are crashing waves of the ocean, with a near two-hundred foot drop down to it. You can see, off in the distance, the sails of ships out on the ocean, but you do not see any modern or high-tech ships with steam engines or whatever futuristic engines are powered by. Only sails.

"so you're the one who invented the Box. Yes this could work very well."

Spoiler

is anyone there? i keep being cut of. the higher ups dont know about this comunications for now. avoid the - *beep*

10 hours ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

is anyone there? i keep being cut of. the higher ups dont know about this comunications for now. avoid the - *beep*

Do I hear this? Over my watch communicator thingy thing, or something?