Teleportation : A mystery/chaotic RP about teleportations

3 minutes ago, The Stormfather said:

You can have the basic psionics of an amethyst dragon but be mostly human. (breath weapon is fine. Maybe no magic staff.)

Ok, cool. 

A figure wearing grey and purple materializes upside down in the air, and drops to the ground somehow flipping and landing on his feet. There’s a moment where you’d swear that crystal wings appear around him. He looks around, appearing slightly bewildered. “Not again… Mazikoth, is this your fault? No?” he says, seemingly to himself. Then he turns to the other people assembled inside the attic (it’s an attic, right?). “I’m Vall. Do any of you have a clue where we are?” 

16 hours ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

the bird imidiatly saw what was happening and went into a blood frenzy and started to peck your leg.

Larry jumped, but mostly from shock. The plastoid armor protected his shins, but he didn't want to take any chances.

3 hours ago, Dragonheir said:

A figure wearing grey and purple materializes upside down in the air, and drops to the ground somehow flipping and landing on his feet. There’s a moment where you’d swear that crystal wings appear around him. He looks around, appearing slightly bewildered. “Not again… Mazikoth, is this your fault? No?” he says, seemingly to himself. Then he turns to the other people assembled inside the attic (it’s an attic, right?). “I’m Vall. Do any of you have a clue where we are?” 

4 hours ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

Kaleb, hearing the commotion upstairs, immediately rushes into  the room.

Larry raised a hand in acknowledgement, but turned his attention back to the maniac animal. "I got this," he said. He released the safety on his blaster, took aim at the chicken, and fired.

4 minutes ago, AltonicKeys said:

Larry raised a hand in acknowledgement, but turned his attention back to the maniac animal. "I got this," he said. He released the safety on his blaster, took aim at the chicken, and fired.

Vall raises his eyebrows. “Is that a topaz annihilator? And what did that chicken do to you? What’s going on here, anyway?”
No, Topaz Annihilators are not weapons for killing Hoid. 

Edited by Dragonheir
SPAG

10 minutes ago, AltonicKeys said:

Larry jumped, but mostly from shock. The plastoid armor protected his shins, but he didn't want to take any chances.

Kaleb jumps. “WHAT IS THAT?!” He shouts. 

He’s never seen or heard of a gun before

7 minutes ago, Dragonheir said:

Vall raises his eyebrows. “Is that a topaz annihilator? And what did that chicken do to you? What’s going on here, anyway?”
No, Topaz Annihilators are not weapons for killing Hoid. 

“WHO ARE YOU?!?!?!”

1 minute ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

“WHO ARE YOU?!?!?!”

“I’m Valavinc, but you can call me Vall.” he sticks out his hand so Kaleb can shake it. “Would you happen to have any idea what is going on?” 

19 minutes ago, Dragonheir said:

“I’m Valavinc, but you can call me Vall.” he sticks out his hand so Kaleb can shake it. “Would you happen to have any idea what is going on?” 

Kaleb looks at his hand strangely. “I don’t know. I just showed up here…”

Doesn’t know what a handshake is lol

6 hours ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

Kaleb looks at his hand strangely. “I don’t know. I just showed up here…”

“It’s a greeting where I come from, and most of the places I’ve traveled to as well. You grasp your acquaintance by the hand and then shake it. I’m not actually sure where it’s from…” he looks back at the smoldering chicken and the gruesome mess around the attic. “If you don’t know what’s happening here either, what would you say about trying to find out?” 

I’d tried to get some art for Vall, but the artists I know were doing other stuff, and the AI I asked had no idea what I was telling it to do. I’ll try again soon to see if I can get everyone a visual for him. 

2 minutes ago, Dragonheir said:

“It’s a greeting where I come from, and most of the places I’ve traveled to as well. You grasp your acquaintance by the hand and then shake it. I’m not actually sure where it’s from…” he looks back at the smoldering chicken and the gruesome mess around the attic. “If you don’t know what’s happening here either, what would you say about trying to find out?” 

suddenly several more chickens appered and started to attack vall and the others.

4 minutes ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

suddenly several more chickens appered and started to attack vall and the others.

Chickens don’t speak anything but chicken, right? So telepathy won’t work on them. 

“Have these been coming the whole time?” Vall gains a tail made of floating purple crystals that grow into existence as it whips forward, slamming into the chicken that is trying to peck at his shins, which sends it angrily flapping backward (unless these are superchickens or something). As the crystals shrink and disappear, Vall opens his mouth and lights starts bending inside of it, showing a distorted view in all directions (most of which is just Vall’s mouth, but it’s called a breath weapon for a reason). He waits to actually launch the ball of force until it becomes clear he has to. Working up the power to do that is tiring, and he wants to save his energy in case he ends up facing an exponential amount of chickens. 

3 minutes ago, Dragonheir said:

“Have these been coming the whole time?” Vall gains a tail made of floating purple crystals that grow into existence as it whips forward, slamming into the chicken that is trying to peck at his shins, which sends it angrily flapping backward (unless these are superchickens or something). As the crystals shrink and disappear, Vall opens his mouth and lights starts bending inside of it, showing a distorted view in all directions (most of which is just Vall’s mouth, but it’s called a breath weapon for a reason). He waits to actually launch the ball of force until it becomes clear he has to. Working up the power to do that is tiring, and he wants to save his energy in case he ends up facing an exponential amount of chickens. 

these are normal chickens with canabalistic tendencys so telepaphy wont work... they should be just as easy to defeat as normal chickens.

8 hours ago, Dragonheir said:

8 hours ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

"C-11. Standard issue." Larry was confused as to why anyone would be surprised about such a common weapon, but again, more pressing issues arose.

1 hour ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

He grunted, and started firing the gun more freely. "You two, what did you do?" He shouted over the noise.

9 hours ago, AltonicKeys said:

"C-11. Standard issue." Larry was confused as to why anyone would be surprised about such a common weapon, but again, more pressing issues arose.

He grunted, and started firing the gun more freely. "You two, what did you do?" He shouted over the noise.

“How many dragons did you half to kill to make those things standard issue?” he looks in disbelief at how little of the lasers hit the chickens. (Larry has bad aim, so he’s missing frequently, right?) “Give me that! I’ve never fired one before, but I’m pretty sure I could use it. You’re gonna run out of charges! And what do you mean by what did I do?” 

10 hours ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

these are normal chickens with canabalistic tendencys so telepaphy wont work... they should be just as easy to defeat as normal chickens.

Understood. I wonder how they ended up cannibalistic… I guess we’ll find out. 

10 hours ago, AltonicKeys said:

“What does THAT mean?!”

11 hours ago, Dragonheir said:

Kaleb shakes his hand. Badly.

1 minute ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

Kaleb shakes his hand. Badly.

Vall does his best to help Kaleb along. Then the chicken he swatted comes back. “Um, maybe we should deal with this before introductions.” His voice is slightly garbled from the bead of force in his mouth. 

3 minutes ago, Dragonheir said:

Vall does his best to help Kaleb along. Then the chicken he swatted comes back. “Um, maybe we should deal with this before introductions.” His voice is slightly garbled from the bead of force in his mouth. 

Kaleb nods. He gingerly used a gloved hand to pull a single pulsating blueish-white crystal from a pouch. He  flicks it expertly at one of the chickens. From where it hits a wave of thick, icy frost forms. The chicken is quickly frozen, encased in ice.

4 hours ago, Dragonheir said:

“How many dragons did you half to kill to make those things standard issue?” he looks in disbelief at how little of the lasers hit the chickens. (Larry has bad aim, so he’s missing frequently, right?) “Give me that! I’ve never fired one before, but I’m pretty sure I could use it. You’re gonna run out of charges! And what do you mean by what did I do?” 

He grunted. He does have bad aim. "Article 12, Section 2. Can't lend ownership of my firearm to you. Besides, C-11s do not require charges." Larry kicked a few chickens aside and ignored the last question.

The crowd of  chickens dies down, though now each of you (except for the one in armour) have a few scratches from the feral chickens. They retreat as one, as If they had some way to communicate. Then, Larry’s communicator clicks. “Soldier, where are you? Our trackers have you all the way out on planet A-416! Eighteen klicks away from where you’re meant to be stationed!” Then the communicator clicks off, and won’t turn back on. The voice is not one you recognize, not the voice of your normal commander.

7 hours ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

Kaleb nods. He gingerly used a gloved hand to pull a single pulsating blueish-white crystal from a pouch. He  flicks it expertly at one of the chickens. From where it hits a wave of thick, icy frost forms. The chicken is quickly frozen, encased in ice.

“I’ve never seen one of those before… is it reusable?” Vall kneels down and flicks the ice with a fingernail. 

5 hours ago, AltonicKeys said:

He grunted. He does have bad aim. "Article 12, Section 2. Can't lend ownership of my firearm to you. Besides, C-11s do not require charges." Larry kicked a few chickens aside and ignored the last question.

“Ok. Maybe I’ll teach you some accuracy exercises once we get rid of the murderous chickens. I can’t imagine that helmet helping you… where are you from, anyway? A Wildspace outpost or something?” Vall hits another chicken with his tail, and decides to level himself quasitransformed, as it’s less effort. 

4 hours ago, The Stormfather said:

The crowd of  chickens dies down, though now each of you (except for the one in armour) have a few scratches from the feral chickens. They retreat as one, as If they had some way to communicate. Then, Larry’s communicator clicks. “Soldier, where are you? Our trackers have you all the way out on planet A-416! Eighteen klicks away from where you’re meant to be stationed!” Then the communicator clicks off, and won’t turn back on. The voice is not one you recognize, not the voice of your normal commander.

More purple crystals coalesce around one of Vall’s fingertips, and he cuts a strip off his sleeve, binding his bleeding shins. He turns to the others and does the same. 

Can we all hear the transmitter, or is it just Larry? 

12 hours ago, Dragonheir said:

Understood. I wonder how they ended up cannibalistic… I guess we’ll find out. 

evil laughter!

58 minutes ago, Dragonheir said:

“I’ve never seen one of those before… is it reusable?” Vall kneels down and flicks the ice with a fingernail. 

“Ok. Maybe I’ll teach you some accuracy exercises once we get rid of the murderous chickens. I can’t imagine that helmet helping you… where are you from, anyway? A Wildspace outpost or something?” Vall hits another chicken with his tail, and decides to level himself quasitransformed, as it’s less effort. 

More purple crystals coalesce around one of Vall’s fingertips, and he cuts a strip off his sleeve, binding his bleeding shins. He turns to the others and does the same. 

depends how close you are to him. it would get quiet the further away from him i think.

27 minutes ago, The Stormfather said:

You can hear the transmitter. You’re close enough.

“Planet A-416. Interesting… Who is that talking?” Vall bites down on his force ball and it collapses. 

20 hours ago, The Stormfather said:

“What is that?”

On 6/29/2024 at 12:23 PM, The Stormfather said:

18 hours ago, Dragonheir said:

“Planet A-416. Interesting… Who is that talking?” Vall bites down on his force ball and it collapses. 

5 hours ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

“What is that?”

Larry doesn't recognize the name. He wasn't great at remembering celestial bodies, as he was just trained to be a non-celestial one. "It appears to be a commanding officer, though not of my division. I doubt I can respond to them." He kicked through the mess of the room, trying to find anything else of note. Something that isn't broken furniture or dead chicken.

31 minutes ago, AltonicKeys said:

Larry doesn't recognize the name. He wasn't great at remembering celestial bodies, as he was just trained to be a non-celestial one. "It appears to be a commanding officer, though not of my division. I doubt I can respond to them." He kicked through the mess of the room, trying to find anything else of note. Something that isn't broken furniture or dead chicken.

“Larry, we’ve noticed some sort of energy on your suit. It’s not dangerous, but you might be able to use it to get back. Try to find cores of this energy. It’s probably in small yellow nuggets.” The voice says again. Now you are certain that it’s not a voice you’ve heard before.

2 hours ago, The Stormfather said:

“Larry, we’ve noticed some sort of energy on your suit. It’s not dangerous, but you might be able to use it to get back. Try to find cores of this energy. It’s probably in small yellow nuggets.” The voice says again. Now you are certain that it’s not a voice you’ve heard before.

Does Larry see this stuff though his helmet? Is it just sticking to his armor like fungus or something?