Teleportation : A mystery/chaotic RP

1 hour ago, Dragonheir said:

“Finding flint or quartz isn’t to difficult, the hard part is the steel. It’s not just random metal.” He points back at the clearing. “But we have a light blast thing. Point that at a pile of kindling and it’ll light real quickly, I think.” 

"The C-11 is mostly for shooting holes in people, there isn't a low-energy setting. Unless it's a combustible liquid or gas, it's likely to turn to ash instantly." Larry lightly tapped the blaster with his glove. "I do think the blaster itself is steel, but I could be mistaken."

He walks around the clearing, looking for any fruits or animals they could eat.

3 minutes ago, AltonicKeys said:

"The C-11 is mostly for shooting holes in people, there isn't a low-energy setting. Unless it's a combustible liquid or gas, it's likely to turn to ash instantly." Larry lightly tapped the blaster with his glove. "I do think the blaster itself is steel, but I could be mistaken."

He walks around the clearing, looking for any fruits or animals they could eat.

“That doesn’t seem very well designed…” 

Of course, very little in Star Wars is well designed, because it’s mimicking already existing technology, despite that the new technology enables much better designs, like cascade production. 

Vall thinks for a bit. “Maybe we could modify it… we’ve got access to some magical crystals that we could use as lenses…” 

Vall thinks for a bit. “Maybe we could modify it… we’ve got access to some magical crystals that we could use as lenses…” 

Larry shrugged. "I'm just a soldier. Never took any engineering courses, but I'd give it a try."

Stormtrooper E-11 blasters shoot plasma, so I don't really know how that interacts with stuff. I've heard the light itself is harmless and just shows where the bolt is. I'm not a Starwars nerd so take all this with a mountain of salt.

19 hours ago, Dragonheir said:

“That makes sense. Good to know. I wonder if you can teach me to hide my aura. Or maybe even regain my true form.” He writes down those capabilities in his notebook as well. 

“I’d imagine whatever network that supports it is completely gone in this universe.” 

Aki purposefully ignores that comment about teaching, hoping Val would forget about it. He tried to forget it himself. Teaching Ki techniques . . . he wouldn't dare.

1 hour ago, AltonicKeys said:

"It's my experience that guns are made for killing people, not lighting fires--I wouldn't call it a design flaw."

He pulled a tinderbox out of his pocket. "Here, if your trying to light a fire. I was already travelling when I ran into you, so I have some basics."

I specified he had basic traveling supplies in my character sheet--so it doesn't seem unrealistic that he'd have one.

Edited by J. Magi

3 hours ago, AltonicKeys said:

Larry shrugged. "I'm just a soldier. Never took any engineering courses, but I'd give it a try."

Huh, that actually makes sense. Maybe Star Wars canon is retconned enough that it will stand up to my complaints. 

3 hours ago, J. Magi said:

Aki purposefully ignores that comment about teaching, hoping Val would forget about it. He tried to forget it himself. Teaching Ki techniques . . . he wouldn't dare.

"It's my experience that guns are made for killing people, not lighting fires--I wouldn't call it a design flaw."

He pulled a tinderbox out of his pocket. "Here, if your trying to light a fire. I was already travelling when I ran into you, so I have some basics."

"I feel kinda silly now... lets go find some food." @The Stormfather what do we find, @Ancient Elantrian I think you were already looking. 

Interesting. There seems to be some (potentially real life) lore about Ki I don't know. Vall was mostly talking to himself anyway. 

3 hours ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

@The Stormfather "phase 1 was sucsessful! it seems that phase 2 is underway according to plan. are we prepared to make the next steps required for phase 3?" a voice booms out across the world seemingly to someone else separate from the world.

“What’s going on?” Vall asks. “Has this happened before?” 

21 minutes ago, Dragonheir said:

“What’s going on?” Vall asks. “Has this happened before?” 

"Somewhat. I think someone is involved in the situation, but whether they're trying to help or harm, it isn't clear."

21 hours ago, Dragonheir said:

"I feel kinda silly now... lets go find some food." @The Stormfather what do we find, @Ancient Elantrian I think you were already looking. 

He shruggs.

More than likely, I'm just using my knowledge of Ki that I've gotten from historical Japanese fiction and the occasional fantasy anime that I've seen it it. I'll admit I don't know much about dnd based Ki

2 hours ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

“Deer? Plants? I don’t recognize any of these.”

"We're probably better off finding an animal to kill and eat, seeing as we have no way of telling what plants are poisonous.

16 hours ago, J. Magi said:

"We're probably better off finding an animal to kill and eat, seeing as we have no way of telling what plants are poisonous.

“Agreed. We can cook it with a fire from your tinderbox.” Vall begins to walk away into the woods. “We should meet back here in around an hour.” 
He goes around half a mile into the woods, flies into a tree, and waits for deer or other large animals. @The Stormfather 

That makes sense. D&D Ki is just a reserve of points to activate monk abilities. It doesn’t have that much lore behind it. 

On 7/5/2024 at 9:01 PM, Dragonheir said:

Sorry, I was in a place without wifi yesterday.

You find a bush with purple berries (They look kinda like blueberries but darker) With soft, non-thorned leaves. It seems to be the only of its kind, and to any with survival experience, you don't recognize the exact plant but you don't think its poisonous. You also find some plants that look kinda like potato plants so judge if your character would vaguely know this to see whether they would take the guess to check the roots of the plants.

(I'd tell specifics of each character's knowledge, but you all probably (Hopefully) know your characters better than I do.)

Also, walking through this jungle is difficult. The bushes grow thick, and the grass are tall. You find one patch of tall (Five foot) sharp grasses with stalks like blades, flat and serrated with thorns. 

One nearby smaller tree has a birdnest about fifteen feet (5 meters-ish) above the ground.

18 hours ago, The Stormfather said:

You find a bush with purple berries (They look kinda like blueberries but darker) With soft, non-thorned leaves. It seems to be the only of its kind, and to any with survival experience, you don't recognize the exact plant but you don't think its poisonous. You also find some plants that look kinda like potato plants so judge if your character would vaguely know this to see whether they would take the guess to check the roots of the plants.

(I'd tell specifics of each character's knowledge, but you all probably (Hopefully) know your characters better than I do.)

Also, walking through this jungle is difficult. The bushes grow thick, and the grass are tall. You find one patch of tall (Five foot) sharp grasses with stalks like blades, flat and serrated with thorns. 

One nearby smaller tree has a birdnest about fifteen feet (5 meters-ish) above the ground.

Ok. Let’s see… 

Vall gathers the purple berries, misses the potatoes, cuts and takes some of the weird sharp grass, flies into the tree to get the eggs from the nest, then waits, sitting on the branch, for a deer or something to walk by so he can catch that. 

Posted (edited)

Ok. Let’s see… 

Vall gathers the purple berries, misses the potatoes, cuts and takes some of the weird sharp grass, flies into the tree to get the eggs from the nest, then waits, sitting on the branch, for a deer or something to walk by so he can catch that. 

There is about a handful of berries. The nest has two white eggs, the size of a chicken egg. There is no animals or other birds to be seen, though, again, you can hear birdsong from above. The trees about a hundred feet (thirty meters-ish) to your left shake again.

On 7/6/2024 at 9:36 AM, RoyalBeeMage said:

@The Stormfather "phase 1 was sucsessful! it seems that phase 2 is underway according to plan. are we prepared to make the next steps required for phase 3?" a voice booms out across the world seemingly to someone else separate from the world.

"The generator needs to recharge. Let them place their bets first, then hopefully it'll be charged enough to enter phase 3." A different voice, the same voice that earlier had been coming from Larry's communicator booms in the sky. A third voice speaks. "Two hundred on the one with the gun."

Edited by The Stormfather

34 minutes ago, The Stormfather said:

There is about a handful of berries. The nest has two white eggs, the size of a chicken egg. There is no animals or other birds to be seen, though, again, you can hear birdsong from above. The trees about a hundred feet (thirty meters-ish) to your left shake again.

Vall takes the eggs and flies over to see what’s happening. 

34 minutes ago, The Stormfather said:

"The generator needs to recharge. Let them place their bets first, then hopefully it'll be charged enough to enter phase 3." A different voice, the same voice that earlier had been coming from Larry's communicator booms in the sky. A third voice speaks. "Two hundred on the one with the gun."

Vall is slightly insulted by this, both that people appear to be betting on whether or not he dies, and by the fact that they weren’t even betting on him. They’d learn, though… 

Edited by Dragonheir
Forgot to mention Vall is taking the eggs.

On 7/7/2024 at 9:19 AM, Dragonheir said:

“Agreed. We can cook it with a fire from your tinderbox.” Vall begins to walk away into the woods. “We should meet back here in around an hour.” 
He goes around half a mile into the woods, flies into a tree, and waits for deer or other large animals. @The Stormfather 

Aki nods, and goes in another direction, making sure not to loose track of the others.

23 hours ago, The Stormfather said:

Aki notices the potatoes, and gathers several. He'd grown up on and around farmland, and was familiar with the shape.

4 hours ago, The Stormfather said:

Aki ignored the voices. He didn't really believe in a gods, so it wasn't his problem.

2 hours ago, J. Magi said:

Aki nods, and goes in another direction, making sure not to loose track of the others.

Aki notices the potatoes, and gathers several. He'd grown up on and around farmland, and was familiar with the shape.

Aki ignored the voices. He didn't really believe in a gods, so it wasn't his problem.

The potatoes are purple.

1 hour ago, The Stormfather said:

The potatoes are purple.

Did you do that because there are purple Japanese sweet potatoes????!! The plant is originally central American, but it made it's way to Japan in the 1600's. 

Comforted by the familiar colour, Aki gathered as many as he could. He hoped the similarity to potatoes where he came from meant they were edible. 

Standing, he looked around for the others to see if they needed help.

1 hour ago, The Stormfather said:

Despite the probably evil voice, Larry couldn't help but feel a sense of pride. He gives a nod to the sky and continues looking for anything that isn't a bush or a tree.

11 hours ago, J. Magi said:

Did you do that because there are purple Japanese sweet potatoes????!! The plant is originally central American, but it made it's way to Japan in the 1600's. 

That’s interesting. I wonder why all the plants here are purple, though… 

@The Stormfather, Vall was flying over to check out the moving trees. 

19 hours ago, The Stormfather said:

"can it not charge any faster?" the first voice complains to the second. in the background a 4th and a 5th voice are faintly heard. "two hundred 50 on the dumb one!" "7 hundred on the smart one!"

ill let you work out which is which

2 hours ago, Dragonheir said:

You spot a large form, with brown fur at the base of the tree. From above you can't pick out what it is through the branches, but it appears as some kind of large, mammal of some kind. It growls, a low, rumbling growl. It's big. Really storming big. Nearly the size of an elephant. (This is just a comparison, your character doens't have to know what elephants are) It lifts a huge clawed hand and slams it into the tree, shaking it. You can see birdnests falling, and the 'bear' eats the eggs, before moving to another tree. Now, with a better view of it, you can see that it's pretty much a brown bear but really big, except it's mouth is slightly more wolf-like.

4 hours ago, Dragonheir said:

2 hours ago, The Stormfather said:

You spot a large form, with brown fur at the base of the tree. From above you can't pick out what it is through the branches, but it appears as some kind of large, mammal of some kind. It growls, a low, rumbling growl. It's big. Really storming big. Nearly the size of an elephant. (This is just a comparison, your character doens't have to know what elephants are) It lifts a huge clawed hand and slams it into the tree, shaking it. You can see birdnests falling, and the 'bear' eats the eggs, before moving to another tree. Now, with a better view of it, you can see that it's pretty much a brown bear but really big, except it's mouth is slightly more wolf-like.

Aki saw him from bellow and decided to follow, unaware of the 'bear.'

8 hours ago, The Stormfather said:

Vall swears in draconic under his breath, and ducks behind a tree. 

He first tries to contact the bearephent with telepathy. If it is smart enough to know a language, stop here. 

Telepathy to the bear: 

Spoiler

Um. Hi? Would you want to meet me without eating me? Nod if yes. 

If it doesn't work, he then tries to determine if it would be edible and beatable. 

6 hours ago, J. Magi said:

Aki saw him from bellow and decided to follow, unaware of the 'bear.'

I'll let you decide whether or not Vall notices Aki. 

If so, telepathy to Aki: 

Spoiler

There's a terrifying dire bear thing up ahead. *picture* Just wanted to let you know... 

10 minutes ago, Dragonheir said:

Vall swears in draconic under his breath, and ducks behind a tree. 

He first tries to contact the bearephent with telepathy. If it is smart enough to know a language, stop here. 

Telepathy to the bear: 

Reveal hidden contents

Um. Hi? Would you want to meet me without eating me? Nod if yes. 

If it doesn't work, he then tries to determine if it would be edible and beatable. 

I'll let you decide whether or not Vall notices Aki. 

If so, telepathy to Aki: 

Reveal hidden contents

There's a terrifying dire bear thing up ahead. *picture* Just wanted to let you know... 

He does, as Aki wasn't trying to sneak up on him.

The telepathy shocks him, but he'd experienced weirder things. A dire bear? It could be worse.

He drew his sword and approached cautiously, trying to sneak up on the bear.