Teleportation : A mystery/chaotic RP about teleportations

Just now, J. Magi said:

He does, as Aki wasn't trying to sneak up on him.

The telepathy shocks him, but he'd experienced weirder things. A dire bear? It could be worse.

He drew his sword and approached cautiously, trying to sneak up on the bear.

Vall facepalms. The thing is the size of an elephant. He'd heard of normal bears shrugging of lethal injures for long enough to kill those who inflicted them. But he prepares himself to fight anyway. 

By the way, what happens if our character dies? 

@The Stormfather 

2 hours ago, Dragonheir said:

If you die, either you can play Npc's in the places they teleport to, or another person will join the teleporting cycle.

The bear is oblivious to either of you, continuing shaking trees to get birdnests.

9 hours ago, The Stormfather said:

The bear is oblivious to either of you, continuing shaking trees to get birdnests.

Ok. I’ll play new characters one degree removed from the previous one, for the multiverse mechanics implications. 

Telepathy to Aki: @J. Magi 

Spoiler

It doesn’t seem to be playing attention to us… if you’re planning to attack it, nod, if not, shake your head. I’d prefer a heads up if we’re going to fight this thing. 

12 hours ago, The Stormfather said:

He continues to approach.

2 hours ago, Dragonheir said:

Telepathy to Aki: @J. Magi 

Hide contents

It doesn’t seem to be playing attention to us… if you’re planning to attack it, nod, if not, shake your head. I’d prefer a heads up if we’re going to fight this thing. 

He nodded. They were trying to find an animal to eat weren't they? It was a little big, but there's no reason it wouldn't be edible.

23 minutes ago, J. Magi said:

He continues to approach.

He nodded. They were trying to find an animal to eat weren't they? It was a little big, but there's no reason it wouldn't be edible.

Telepathy to Aki 

Spoiler

Ok then. Should I stay in the air and hit it with some gravitational distortion, or fight with you on the ground? 

He flies closer, ready to fight. 

The bear suddenly growls, and looks completely away from Aki and Vall. Then, you hear large, thumping footsteps, though the bear isn't moving.

Another massive creature, a ten foot high, giant ape comes into view, far off. It yips loudly, and the bear growls.

The two move closer to one another, seemingly about to fight.

Then the bear sniffs the air.

It turns back, scanning the trees, and growls again. The ape yips again, the shrill noise sending several birds flying away from hiding places.

Then the two of them turn back to back. and wait... and wait.... and wait.

4 minutes ago, The Stormfather said:

The bear suddenly growls, and looks completely away from Aki and Vall. Then, you hear large, thumping footsteps, though the bear isn't moving.

Another massive creature, a ten foot high, giant ape comes into view, far off. It yips loudly, and the bear growls.

It turns back, scanning the trees, and growls again. The ape yips again, the shrill noise sending several birds flying away from hiding places.

"Huh. I wonder if there are giant humans, too? What are they doing?" Vall drops too his feet next to Aki. "What should we do now?" @J. Magi 

Just now, The Stormfather said:

As you drop to your feet, the bear stares straight at you. And growls.

Telepathy to the bear (if it has a language): 

Spoiler

Hi? I can't understand you, so I'll need you to act out whatever you want. 

27 minutes ago, The Stormfather said:

The bear doesn’t react. The ape turns to you, leaving its back exposed. Big though they are, the animals move slowly.

“Huh. I guess that’s the square-cube law for you.” 
Telepathy to Aki @J. Magi

Spoiler

Looks edible to me. I’ll follow your lead. 

The bear continues its approach, raising a paw to rip away some of the bushes. The ape is a few feet behind it, and is scanning the skies for flying enemies. It seems as these two, though enemies, want other people gone. One guess you can make is that they are fighting over this territory, but want either of them to win it, not someone else.

10 minutes ago, The Stormfather said:

The bear continues its approach, raising a paw to rip away some of the bushes. The ape is a few feet behind it, and is scanning the skies for flying enemies. It seems as these two, though enemies, want other people gone. One guess you can make is that they are fighting over this territory, but want either of them to win it, not someone else.

Vall flies sideways, deciding to try to fight the ape and leave the bear to Aki (J. Magi is on a trip somewhere, apparently, so we'll just pause the other fight). He gathers his breath weapon and breathes out a gravitational warp that hits the massive ape, turning it inside out for a second or something? I don't really know what force damage does... Anyway, it's moderate damage. I don't think it would kill the ape, but is should wound it. 

I ended up having to come back early so

On 7/10/2024 at 10:23 AM, The Stormfather said:

"Hmm," Aki mumbles to himself. "Maybe we could eat both of them . . ."

On 7/10/2024 at 12:58 PM, Dragonheir said:

“Huh. I guess that’s the square-cube law for you.” 
Telepathy to Aki @J. Magi

Reveal hidden contents

Looks edible to me. I’ll follow your lead. 

He nodded.

7 hours ago, Dragonheir said:

Vall flies sideways, deciding to try to fight the ape and leave the bear to Aki (J. Magi is on a trip somewhere, apparently, so we'll just pause the other fight). He gathers his breath weapon and breathes out a gravitational warp that hits the massive ape, turning it inside out for a second or something? I don't really know what force damage does... Anyway, it's moderate damage. I don't think it would kill the ape, but is should wound it. 

He fell into a solid stance as the bear drew closer. With a deep breath, he tapped into his Ki reserve letting it flow through him and settle in his legs. Lighting fast, he ran at the bear while drawing his Katana. He slashed the creature as he passed it, skidding to a stop on it's other side.

18 hours ago, Dragonheir said:

The beam strikes the ape's shoulder, knocking it down. It stands back up, roaring and swinging its arms, but Vall is too high. It grabs a head-sized stone and throws it. Innacurately.

10 hours ago, J. Magi said:

"Hmm," Aki mumbles to himself. "Maybe we could eat both of them . . ."

He nodded.

He fell into a solid stance as the bear drew closer. With a deep breath, he tapped into his Ki reserve letting it flow through him and settle in his legs. Lighting fast, he ran at the bear while drawing his Katana. He slashed the creature as he passed it, skidding to a stop on it's other side.

The bear roars in pain, trying to turn around quickly, but taking a few seconds. It swings a huge paw (Do bears have paws or hands?) at Aki, but it moves slowly, since it's using it's wounded side to attack.

9 minutes ago, The Stormfather said:

The beam strikes the ape's shoulder, knocking it down. It stands back up, roaring and swinging its arms, but Vall is too high. It grabs a head-sized stone and throws it. Innacurately.

The bear roars in pain, trying to turn around quickly, but taking a few seconds. It swings a huge paw (Do bears have paws or hands?) at Aki, but it moves slowly, since it's using it's wounded side to attack.

He jumps out of the way, still maintaining his stance. Katana held up behind his head, he dashed in for another slice. This time he aimed for it's legs specifically.

51 minutes ago, The Stormfather said:

I think Vall’s flight works partially through gravity manipulation; he decreases his gravity to fly upwards, then increases it again, dropping onto the ape’s head, amethyst talons stabbing into its forehead. He waits for it to attempt to strike at him, then flies up again, trying to trick it into smashing its own head. 

3 hours ago, J. Magi said:

He jumps out of the way, still maintaining his stance. Katana held up behind his head, he dashed in for another slice. This time he aimed for it's legs specifically.

The bear roars again and attacks in a similar way.

3 hours ago, Dragonheir said:

I think Vall’s flight works partially through gravity manipulation; he decreases his gravity to fly upwards, then increases it again, dropping onto the ape’s head, amethyst talons stabbing into its forehead. He waits for it to attempt to strike at him, then flies up again, trying to trick it into smashing its own head. 

He falls completely for the trick.

6 minutes ago, The Stormfather said:

He falls completely for the trick.

Vall flies low again, raking the points of one wing through the ape’s face. Amethyst shards lodge into its skin, then dissipate, while Vall, though losing altitude temporarily, regrows the end of the wing. 

2 minutes ago, Dragonheir said:

Vall flies low again, raking the points of one wing through the ape’s face. Amethyst shards lodge into its skin, then dissipate, while Vall, though losing altitude temporarily, regrows the end of the wing. 

The ape attempts to swap you out of the air as you fly by.

1 minute ago, The Stormfather said:

The ape attempts to swap you out of the air as you fly by.

*flips coin* 

The ape’s hand clips Vall’s wing, causing him to lose altitude and almost crash into the ground. It reappears, but he’s flying low and unsteadily, within reach of the ape. 

19 hours ago, Dragonheir said:

*flips coin* 

The ape’s hand clips Vall’s wing, causing him to lose altitude and almost crash into the ground. It reappears, but he’s flying low and unsteadily, within reach of the ape. 

The ape tries to punch you. With a very large fist.

21 hours ago, The Stormfather said:

The ape tries to punch you. With a very large fist.

Vall jumps up into the air again, just as the fist hits. He springs off of it, flying through the air fast. He’ll definitely have some bruises later, but he avoids slamming into the ground and getting crushed, so that’s good. Banking in the air, he fires off another gravitational warp at the ape, then uses his increased speed to get higher into the air. 

Just assume Vall keeps fighting, using similar tactics. Then, he can disappear, because I have a different character idea I think would be fun. 

Edited by Dragonheir
Leaving for camp