Teleportation : A mystery/chaotic RP

20 hours ago, The Stormfather said:

“Larry, we’ve noticed some sort of energy on your suit. It’s not dangerous, but you might be able to use it to get back. Try to find cores of this energy. It’s probably in small yellow nuggets.” The voice says again. Now you are certain that it’s not a voice you’ve heard before.

“Larry. Is that your name. I’m Vall.” he goes to shake his hand then notices the yellow line. “Huh. Looks like an elemental crystal or something. I might be able to change it a bit. It might explode, though. Let’s wait for other options.” 

21 hours ago, AltonicKeys said:

Larry doesn't recognize the name. He wasn't great at remembering celestial bodies, as he was just trained to be a non-celestial one. "It appears to be a commanding officer, though not of my division. I doubt I can respond to them."

“What organization are you a part of? I’m usually a freelancer. My last job was in the feywild.” 

1 hour ago, Dragonheir said:

“Larry. Is that your name. I’m Vall.” he goes to shake his hand then notices the yellow line. “Huh. Looks like an elemental crystal or something. I might be able to change it a bit. It might explode, though. Let’s wait for other options.” 

“What organization are you a part of? I’m usually a freelancer. My last job was in the feywild.” 

Since Vall has some magical experience, it seems like some kind of power that if in DnD would be Evocation based. (Which is one of a nine schools of magic. Evocation is like raw elemental power, such as blasts of fire or lightning.)

12 minutes ago, The Stormfather said:

Since Vall has some magical experience, it seems like some kind of power that if in DnD would be Evocation based. (Which is one of a nine schools of magic. Evocation is like raw elemental power, such as blasts of fire or lightning.)

Huh. I’d been thinking it was conjugation (aka teleportation). Is there anything I think I can do with it, or is it too strange? What would happen if I hit it with my breath weapon? 

By the way, who’s reading posts on this thread without being tagged? 

Just now, Dragonheir said:

Yup. Evocation. It glows faintly, and you feel heat radiating from it. You can assume that it may have helped you teleport, but may be something like the raw power used to teleport, rather than the spell (If it was a spell) cast to make you teleport.

1 minute ago, The Stormfather said:

Yup. Evocation. It glows faintly, and you feel heat radiating from it. You can assume that it may have helped you teleport, but may be something like the raw power used to teleport, rather than the spell (If it was a spell) cast to make you teleport.

@AltonicKeys 

“Larry, that’s probably raw energy. It hasn’t exploded yet, but I’d advise not cracking it until we’re sure what will happen. I can see if I can remove it, if you want.” 

1 hour ago, Dragonheir said:

“I’m Kaleb! I was a prince AND a freedom fighter!”

6 hours ago, Dragonheir said:

4 hours ago, Dragonheir said:

@AltonicKeys 

“Larry, that’s probably raw energy. It hasn’t exploded yet, but I’d advise not cracking it until we’re sure what will happen. I can see if I can remove it, if you want.” 

4 hours ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

"05-014, but you can call me that if you'd like. I serve the empire." Larry looks at what was apparently a bomb on his hand with caution. "If this can help with the situation, then you could do whatever you want with this."

4 hours ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

“Nice to meet you! I’m an adventurer, scholar, and an ex-ex-dragon.” Vall points at Larry’s gauntlet. “Do your magic crystals have anything in common with that?” 

18 minutes ago, AltonicKeys said:

"05-014, but you can call me that if you'd like. I serve the empire." Larry looks at what was apparently a bomb on his hand with caution. "If this can help with the situation, then you could do whatever you want with this."

“The Empire. I haven’t heard of it, but you can tell me after we get that potentially violate magical crystal off. Let’s see. I think I can potentially pry it off. Are you allowed to take that gauntlet off, or is that against the rules?” 
Regardless of whether or not Larry takes the glove off, Vall coalesces a claw from amethyst crystal and tries to pry the yellow material out. @The Stormfather, does it work? 

7 hours ago, Dragonheir said:

“Nice to meet you! I’m an adventurer, scholar, and an ex-ex-dragon.” Vall points at Larry’s gauntlet. “Do your magic crystals have anything in common with that?” 

“The Empire. I haven’t heard of it, but you can tell me after we get that potentially violate magical crystal off. Let’s see. I think I can potentially pry it off. Are you allowed to take that gauntlet off, or is that against the rules?” 
Regardless of whether or not Larry takes the glove off, Vall coalesces a claw from amethyst crystal and tries to pry the yellow material out. @The Stormfather, does it work? 

The crystal instead starts to grow in size as it starts to glow with an unhealthy light.

It looks radioactive 

4 hours ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

The crystal instead starts to grow in size as it starts to glow with an unhealthy light.

“Uh oh. Maybe we should get out of here.” Vall begins transforming as far as he can go, gaining crystal wings, horns, scales, and a tail, hoping that the dangerous looking light will be refracted away from him. “I think that I’ll be able to survive this longer than everyone else if it is dangerous. Unless anyone has another idea, you should get as far away as possible, then I’ll try to harness, or if that doesn’t work, break the energy.” 
 @AltonicKeys @Ancient Elantrian 

The yellow goo ceases to grow, but now covers the thumb of Larry’s gauntlet.  “The energy.. something’s about to happen!” The strange voice says again. All of you seem to feel lightheaded.

4 minutes ago, The Stormfather said:

The yellow goo ceases to grow, but now covers the thumb of Larry’s gauntlet.  “The energy.. something’s about to happen!” The strange voice says again. All of you seem to feel lightheaded.

“I don’t feel so good.” Vall’s crystal scales start to dissipate again, and he stumbles. “I wonder if we’re gonna teleport again?” he says, sounding slightly dazed. 

1 hour ago, The Stormfather said:

“I hate this feeling…” Kaleb says, stumbling.

5 minutes ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

Is this the bit where they teleport?

I think so, yeah. I’m waiting for us to find out where we end up before Vall does anything else. 

14 hours ago, Dragonheir said:

Yea. Give the GMs two seconds to pick from some options, we just need to make certain we have the same ideas and then we’ll get back to this. Should not take long. 

On 6/27/2024 at 7:37 AM, Ancient Elantrian said:

“… never heard of it.” 

Aki shrugs.

He glances at the newcomer, but doesn't introduce himself.

On 7/2/2024 at 12:23 PM, The Stormfather said:

White light spreads into your vision.

"Oh no . . . not again."

SORRY

On 7/2/2024 at 12:23 PM, The Stormfather said:

White light spreads into your vision.

51 minutes ago, J. Magi said:

Aki shrugs.

He glances at the newcomer, but doesn't introduce himself.

"Oh no . . . not again."

“I see a light…” Kaleb said softly. “Goodbye, cruel world.”

As the white light begins to fade, to find yourself in a thick, lush jungle. There is a small clearing, circular-ish, about 10ft in diameter. (3-ish meters.) Around it, there are some thick thorny plants, some fruits that are purple, though everything has a vaguely dangerous air about it.

20 minutes ago, The Stormfather said:

As the white light begins to fade, to find yourself in a thick, lush jungle. There is a small clearing, circular-ish, about 10ft in diameter. (3-ish meters.) Around it, there are some thick thorny plants, some fruits that are purple, though everything has a vaguely dangerous air about it.

“Well, that’s interesting. There doesn’t seem to be any murder chickens around here, so that’s good. These plants don’t look very safe, though. Don’t eat any of it, even if it does match my hair.” Vall’s hair is indeed, on closer inspection, a very dark purple rather than the black that it at first appears. He turns to Aki, who he hadn’t seen before (I don’t think, at least. @J. Magi?), and sticks out his hand for a handshake. “It’s nice to meet you. I’m Vall.” 

4 hours ago, The Stormfather said:

Aki glances around. It wasn't unlike the dense forests of his home, though he didn't really recognize the plant types.

3 hours ago, Dragonheir said:

“Well, that’s interesting. There doesn’t seem to be any murder chickens around here, so that’s good. These plants don’t look very safe, though. Don’t eat any of it, even if it does match my hair.” Vall’s hair is indeed, on closer inspection, a very dark purple rather than the black that it at first appears. He turns to Aki, who he hadn’t seen before (I don’t think, at least. @J. Magi?), and sticks out his hand for a handshake. “It’s nice to meet you. I’m Vall.” 

"Oh uh . . . hello." He ignores the hand and gives a short bow. "You have . . . a very powerful Ki reserve."

basically he can see Vall's magic power, and is interpreting as his own system even though it isn't

1 hour ago, The Stormfather said:

All of you hear faint birdsong begin on the horizon.

And the faint rattling of branches in wind.

YTo yourself, it seems as if there isn't any wind. Something else is shaking the trees.

“Guys…” Kaleb says cautiously. “I don’t like this… not at all…”