Teleportation : A mystery/chaotic RP

5 hours ago, The Stormfather said:

All of you hear faint birdsong begin on the horizon.

And the faint rattling of branches in wind.

YTo yourself, it seems as if there isn't any wind. Something else is shaking the trees.

Aki finds it unnerving, and tries to ignore it.

3 hours ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

“Guys…” Kaleb says cautiously. “I don’t like this… not at all…”

"Perhaps they are just the kind that move on their own? I heard somewhere plants can move, just slowly."

2 hours ago, J. Magi said:

Aki finds it unnerving, and tries to ignore it.

"Perhaps they are just the kind that move on their own? I heard somewhere plants can move, just slowly."

“There is no way that’s true. Plants don’t walk.”

13 hours ago, J. Magi said:

"Oh uh . . . hello." He ignores the hand and gives a short bow. "You have . . . a very powerful Ki reserve."

The funny thing is, Vall as a D&D character is an astral self monk. 

“Ki. I’ve heard it called that. I used to be able to sense magic, but then I made some stupid decisions and got locked like this.” Vall’s reserve of magic does seem mostly locked, somehow. It’s like 90% of his power is separated from him, but still around. 

12 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

“Some ordinary plants can move. I’ve seen ones that bite down on flies or fold in when rustled, and if you throw magic into the mix, you get things like awakened trees and shambling mounds.” 

1 minute ago, Dragonheir said:

“Ki. I’ve heard it called that. I used to be able to sense magic, but then I made some stupid decisions and got locked like this.” Vall’s reserve of magic does seem mostly locked, somehow. It’s like 90% of his power is separated from him, but still around. 

“Some ordinary plants can move. I’ve seen ones that bite down on flies or fold in when rustled, and if you throw magic into the mix, you get things like awakened trees and shambling mounds.” 

“What and what? Trees should never move. Even the trees in the Hills of Life don’t move.”

Just now, Ancient Elantrian said:

“What and what? Trees should never move. Even the trees in the Hills of Life don’t move.”

“I’ve had trees uproot themselves and punch me with their branches. It takes some sort of magic for them to do so, though. I have a feeling that we’re not from places that follow the same rules…” he looks thoughtful, and pulls out a notebook. “Actually, we should probably compare what we know, and what we can do. It’d probably be useful in a fight to know our capabilities, so we can work together.” 

25 minutes ago, Dragonheir said:

“I’ve had trees uproot themselves and punch me with their branches. It takes some sort of magic for them to do so, though. I have a feeling that we’re not from places that follow the same rules…” he looks thoughtful, and pulls out a notebook. “Actually, we should probably compare what we know, and what we can do. It’d probably be useful in a fight to know our capabilities, so we can work together.” 

“Hand to hand. Those ice crystals.”

2 hours ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

"They do . . . just slowly." He wasn't really sure how to explain it--it's not as though he really understood how it worked anyway. 

2 hours ago, Dragonheir said:

"Magic?" He asked flatly. "Ki has nothing to do with magic."

6 minutes ago, J. Magi said:

"They do . . . just slowly." He wasn't really sure how to explain it--it's not as though he really understood how it worked anyway. 

“I’m confused. What are you guys even talking about anymore?”

Just now, Ancient Elantrian said:

"Inner life force, the cultivation of which leads to power and martial prowess."

2 hours ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

“Hand to hand. Those ice crystals.”

“Are they reusable?” Vall writes down the assets. “I’ve got this transformation,” Amethyst crystals coalesce around him, creating wings, a tail, claws, horns, and protective scales. “Gravity manipulation, though not much anymore; All I can do is circumvent the square-cube law and launch a minor space warp as a breath weapon. I’ve also got one way telepathy, which can get past a language barrier.” 
Telepathy to everybody in turn: 

Spoiler

Like this. It’s useful for planning things and sending signals, but it’s short range and I’m betting none of you can send a message back. 

“What about you, Larry? You’ve got that sending stone thing, some armor higher tech than I’ve ever seen, and the apparently-not-a-topaz-annihilator. Any other assets we could use?” @AltonicKeys 

27 minutes ago, J. Magi said:

Vall is carrying on three conversations at this point. (That’s the issue with asynchronous roleplaying.) 

“Plants grow, and they can choose which way, like toward the sun or water.” 
 @Ancient Elantrian 

19 minutes ago, J. Magi said:
20 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

"Inner life force, the cultivation of which leads to power and martial prowess."

“Magic is a colloquial term for any capabilities that require an external energy source or cause effects outside the jurisdiction of the ‘normal’ fundamental forces, which are typically divided as the electroweak form and the space time distortion, otherwise known as gravity. Any psychic powers, elemental manipulation, superhuman abilities derived from meditation; such as ki use, and most teleportation and inter-dimensional travel all qualify as ‘magic’. Some even argue that consciousness itself is a form of magic. Anyway, ‘magic’ is a very general catch-all term that has a variety of meanings. I’d refer to my own abilities as ‘limited dragonic psionics’, but magic would describe them as a general term.” He realizes how long his speech was, and looks slightly embarrassed. “I forgot to mention, but I’m also a scholar. I’ve studied both metaphysics and human culture, but no more than any other amethyst dragon. Maybe that can help me figure out how to get back to where we started. I’m beginning to think we aren’t even all from the same universe.” 

13 minutes ago, Dragonheir said:

“Are they reusable?” Vall writes down the assets. “I’ve got this transformation,” Amethyst crystals coalesce around him, creating wings, a tail, claws, horns, and protective scales. “Gravity manipulation, though not much anymore; All I can do is circumvent the square-cube law and launch a minor space warp as a breath weapon. I’ve also got one way telepathy, which can get past a language barrier.” 
Telepathy to everybody in turn: 

Reveal hidden contents

Like this. It’s useful for planning things and sending signals, but it’s short range and I’m betting none of you can send a message back. 

“What about you, Larry? You’ve got that sending stone thing, some armor higher tech than I’ve ever seen, and the apparently-not-a-topaz-annihilator. Any other assets we could use?” @AltonicKeys 

Vall is carrying on three conversations at this point. (That’s the issue with asynchronous roleplaying.) 

“Plants grow, and they can choose which way, like toward the sun or water.” 
 @Ancient Elantrian 

“Magic is a colloquial term for any capabilities that require an external energy source or cause effects outside the jurisdiction of the ‘normal’ fundamental forces, which are typically divided as the electroweak form and the space time distortion, otherwise known as gravity. Any psychic powers, elemental manipulation, superhuman abilities derived from meditation; such as ki use, and most teleportation and inter-dimensional travel all qualify as ‘magic’. Some even argue that consciousness itself is a form of magic. Anyway, ‘magic’ is a very general catch-all term that has a variety of meanings. I’d refer to my own abilities as ‘limited dragonic psionics’, but magic would describe them as a general term.” He realizes how long his speech was, and looks slightly embarrassed. “I forgot to mention, but I’m also a scholar. I’ve studied both metaphysics and human culture, but no more than any other amethyst dragon. Maybe that can help me figure out how to get back to where we started. I’m beginning to think we aren’t even all from the same universe.” 

Aki narrows his eyes. "I disagree, magic is not a 'catch all term,' at least not where I come from. I am not a sorcorer, nor am I a priest. My power is not magic--it is simply the use and construction of the inner muscle that is my soul. Personally, I don't believe in magic." He seems adamant about this.

Just now, J. Magi said:

Aki narrows his eyes. "I disagree, magic is not a 'catch all term,' at least not where I come from. I am not a sorcorer, nor am I a priest. My power is not magic--it is simply the use and construction of the inner muscle that is my soul. Personally, I don't believe in magic." He seems adamant about this.

*he says to the man covered in glowing purple crystals who can speak into his mind, after being repeatedly teleported to another universe* 

"Very well, we may agree to disagree. Would any of your Ki applications be helpful in figuring out where we are or how to go somewhere else?" 

*he says to the man covered in glowing purple crystals who can speak into his mind, after being repeatedly teleported to another universe* 

exactly lol . . . bro's in denial

3 minutes ago, Dragonheir said:

"Very well, we may agree to disagree. Would any of your Ki applications be helpful in figuring out where we are or how to go somewhere else?" 

"No." He said, as if it were perfectly obvious.

Just now, J. Magi said:

"No." He said, as if it were perfectly obvious.

"I've been making a list of our assets. I assume that your Ki use allows you to focus in battle and perform otherwise impossible feats of strength and coordination, similar to it's use by the monks of my world. Are there other capabilities that could be helpful? Yeah, and there's the Ki level sensing. Did you feel anything during that light?" He writes down the powers in his notebook. 

Well, it's not his fault he's from a less magical universe. 

"I've been making a list of our assets. I assume that your Ki use allows you to focus in battle and perform otherwise impossible feats of strength and coordination, similar to it's use by the monks of my world. Are there other capabilities that could be helpful? Yeah, and there's the Ki level sensing. Did you feel anything during that light?" He writes down the powers in his notebook. 

yeah, I think I'm the only historical-earth character we have

"I can sense Ki, however not if the individual hides--which many do. I suppose you don't hide your aura because it isn't exactly Ki, and therefore there's no reason to hide it."

He thought for a moment. "I didn't sense anything when the light appeared--but that would make sense. The light itself isn't a person, and if there were a powerful individual using Ki behind it, they'd of course know how to hide it.

1 hour ago, Dragonheir said:

He shook his head. "Nothing that works. My communicator is acting up, and I don't have a wilderness kit."

Larry listened to the magic debate, knowing there is no such thing. It's all fancy technology and holograms. (Besides the mysterious rebel knights and also several government officials.)

"I can sense Ki, however not if the individual hides--which many do. I suppose you don't hide your aura because it isn't exactly Ki, and therefore there's no reason to hide it."

He thought for a moment. "I didn't sense anything when the light appeared--but that would make sense. The light itself isn't a person, and if there were a powerful individual using Ki behind it, they'd of course know how to hide it.

“That makes sense. Good to know. I wonder if you can teach me to hide my aura. Or maybe even regain my true form.” He writes down those capabilities in his notebook as well. 

1 hour ago, AltonicKeys said:

He shook his head. "Nothing that works. My communicator is acting up, and I don't have a wilderness kit."

Larry listened to the magic debate, knowing there is no such thing. It's all fancy technology and holograms. (Besides the mysterious rebel knights and also several government officials.)

“I’d imagine whatever network that supports it is completely gone in this universe.” 

All the technology is basically magic. One time I made a speech about how the tactics in Star Wars are silly. I won’t repeat it unless someone wants to hear it, though. 

12 hours ago, AltonicKeys said:

“What is a ‘wilderness kit’?”

55 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

“What is a ‘wilderness kit’?”

“Presumably a standardized set of equipment for survival in the wilderness. As long as we can find food, though, I think we’ll good, because those energy beams can probably be used to heat things up or start a campfire.” Vall looks at the shroud of plants surrounding the clearing. “I’m going to see if there’s anything useful past there.” Covering himself in scales to avoid scratches from the thorns, he pushes his way into the woods. @The Stormfather, I imagine you have something to say about this. 

1 hour ago, Dragonheir said:

“Presumably a standardized set of equipment for survival in the wilderness. As long as we can find food, though, I think we’ll good, because those energy beams can probably be used to heat things up or start a campfire.” Vall looks at the shroud of plants surrounding the clearing. “I’m going to see if there’s anything useful past there.” Covering himself in scales to avoid scratches from the thorns, he pushes his way into the woods. @The Stormfather, I imagine you have something to say about this. 

The thorns are thick, but you manage to push through the bush into a small space between two massive towering trees. You can hear the chirping of birds directly above you, and in front is a small, two foot wide creek, scattered with rocks.

25 minutes ago, The Stormfather said:

The thorns are thick, but you manage to push through the bush into a small space between two massive towering trees. You can hear the chirping of birds directly above you, and in front is a small, two foot wide creek, scattered with rocks.

Telepathy to @AltonicKeys @Ancient Elantrian and @J. Magi in turn; 

Spoiler

If you can get past all these thorns, there doesn’t seem to be anything immediately dangerous out here. And there’s a stream. 

Vall then gets a drink from the creek, trusting his draconic constitution and the running water to keep him from getting sick. 

3 hours ago, Dragonheir said:

“Why would you need some thing to… can’t you just light the fire with sticks? All you need is an axe.” Kaleb says, following Vall to the stream.

13 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

“Why would you need some thing to… can’t you just light the fire with sticks? All you need is an axe.” Kaleb says, following Vall to the stream.

“You have no idea how long that takes. It could be literal hours.” 
*speaking from experience here. We tried to do this at a scout meeting, and by the end our sticks were barely warm.* 

10 minutes ago, Dragonheir said:

“You have no idea how long that takes. It could be literal hours.” 
*speaking from experience here. We tried to do this at a scout meeting, and by the end our sticks were barely warm.* 

“I could go looking for flint.”

1 minute ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

“I could go looking for flint.”

“Finding flint or quartz isn’t to difficult, the hard part is the steel. It’s not just random metal.” He points back at the clearing. “But we have a light blast thing. Point that at a pile of kindling and it’ll light real quickly, I think.”