Teleportation : A mystery/chaotic RP

2 hours ago, The Stormfather said:

(This place was suggested by @RoyalBeeMage, and it's more of a joke than anything. Have you figured out where you are yet? It's a place from a book. Wait no don't say that, me, its not from a book its a completely original idea that is unique and different from the book who shall remain nameless.)

I got messed up by the description of the machines. I thought the worms and the mining thing were the same. I wonder what Nick could do with a force field projector? 

19 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

Kaleb feels bad. He feared his exorcism had gone horribly wrong. 

He quietly pulled out the golden-red crystal, and placed it on Nick's forehead. "Enter this host, demon of the sun." He muttered, hoping it would work. He said a few strange incantations, and a film of hot, humid air spread over Nick as the power left the crystal, reentering his body and suit, melting the ice.

Nick goes back to breathing. “What did you even do!” scrubbing the fungus-like film off his eye, he continues, “and why did you do it?!” 

Do demon crystals glow continuously, or do they run out? 

3 minutes ago, Dragonheir said:

Nick goes back to breathing. “What did you even do!” scrubbing the fungus-like film off his eye, he continues, “and why did you do it?!” 

The ice crystals and heat crystals both glow until they're used, then they disappear and fuse with their effect.

"I was just trying to exorcise the sun demon from you! I didn't realize without it you would DIE!"

11 hours ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

"I was just trying to exorcise the sun demon from you! I didn't realize without it you would DIE!"

“Why would you think I was possessed? It’s not like I do anything strange- yes SIMON, I know my clothes are alive and a voice nobody else can hear gives me advice. I guess when I put it that way, it does sound like I’m possessed. I’ll explain.” While he talks, Nick’s suit slowly regains control over the spread of plant life around him. “Where I’m from, it’s been millennia since we used the techniques you seem to use to manufacture things. The interesting thing about science is that the more you know, the easier it is to learn more things. Anyway, we made some machines that can do math. The interesting thing is, you can represent pretty much anything with math, so we could create machines that can predict or show pretty much anything. If you give every word a number, the machines, which are called computers, can do math to guess which word someone would say next. If they do that based on what they pick, the computers can create entire paragraphs that seem like they were written or said by a human. SIMON was created to help me. He controls my suit, and gives me advice and information. I’ve got his volume turned down, but he could talk to you. Say hi, SIMON.”

SIMON comes on Nick’s speaker, and deadpans, “Hi, SIMON.”
Nick laughs slightly, and continues. “The suit itself is a little more confusing, essentially, SIMON overwrites the instructions that make plants grow the way they do with what I want them to do. The suit, because it’s designed to help me survive on other planets, cycles and refreshes not only nutrients, but also air. This means that when you somehow turned it off, I was inside a small air tight bubble, with no way to breathe.” He shudders. “Which, as you can probably imagine, is not pleasant. Next time, before you exorcise someone, make sure you don’t take the thing that’s keeping them alive while you do it.” 

Hm. That’s much longer a post than I originally intended. In fact, I’d had to leave it halfway done in order to go to sleep. 
Also, how do the crystals fuse with their effects if they’re reusable? 
By the way, thank you for un-killing Nick. I appreciate it. 

Edited by Dragonheir
Added a thought

3 hours ago, Dragonheir said:

“Why would you think I was possessed? It’s not like I do anything strange- yes SIMON, I know my clothes are alive and a voice nobody else can hear gives me advice. I guess when I put it that way, it does sound like I’m possessed. I’ll explain.” While he talks, Nick’s suit slowly regains control over the spread of plant life around him. “Where I’m from, it’s been millennia since we used the techniques you seem to use to manufacture things. The interesting thing about science is that the more you know, the easier it is to learn more things. Anyway, we made some machines that can do math. The interesting thing is, you can represent pretty much anything with math, so we could create machines that can predict or show pretty much anything. If you give every word a number, the machines, which are called computers, can do math to guess which word someone would say next. If they do that based on what they pick, the computers can create entire paragraphs that seem like they were written or said by a human. SIMON was created to help me. He controls my suit, and gives me advice and information. I’ve got his volume turned down, but he could talk to you. Say hi, SIMON.”

SIMON comes on Nick’s speaker, and deadpans, “Hi, SIMON.”
Nick laughs slightly, and continues. “The suit itself is a little more confusing, essentially, SIMON overwrites the instructions that make plants grow the way they do with what I want them to do. The suit, because it’s designed to help me survive on other planets, cycles and refreshes not only nutrients, but also air. This means that when you somehow turned it off, I was inside a small air tight bubble, with no way to breathe.” He shudders. “Which, as you can probably imagine, is not pleasant. Next time, before you exorcise someone, make sure you don’t take the thing that’s keeping them alive while you do it.” 

Your welcome

They unfuse

Thanks for explaining all of science to me lol

“I… see. So you’ve chosen to be possessed by a man-made math powered demon. What an… interesting choice.”

3 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

“I… see. So you’ve chosen to be possessed by a man-made math powered demon. What an… interesting choice.”

“I guess you can call SIMON a man-made math demon if you want… but he’s not ‘possessing’ me, his computer is in what’s left of my glasses.” Nick puts his hand to the right side of his face, on the clear eye covering, and peels off the mask and hood, revealing his short brown hair. Evidently he doesn’t always wear the suit, because there is a visible lack of tan where the gash on his face had been. The remaining half of his glasses falls off his nose, but Nick is ready for that, and catches it. He hands the glasses to Kaleb. “Here’s the glasses. They project lines onto the lenses so you can see things SIMON shows to you.” 

Unfusing. Ok, that makes sense. 
Explaining all of science by accident is a thing I do surprisingly often. 

10 minutes ago, Dragonheir said:

“I guess you can call SIMON a man-made math demon if you want… but he’s not ‘possessing’ me, his computer is in what’s left of my glasses.” Nick puts his hand to the right side of his face, on the clear eye covering, and peels off the mask and hood, revealing his short brown hair. Evidently he doesn’t always wear the suit, because there is a visible lack of tan where the gash on his face had been. The remaining half of his glasses falls off his nose, but Nick is ready for that, and catches it. He hands the glasses to Kaleb. “Here’s the glasses. They project lines onto the lenses so you can see things SIMON shows to you.” 

Kaleb puts on the glasses nervously, not sure if he’ll be possessed too.

Same bro

Same

22 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

Kaleb puts on the glasses nervously, not sure if he’ll be possessed too.

He has to hold them on, because they’re missing their left side. A voice, recognizable as SIMON, speaks in his ear, “Hello. As you have been told, I am SIMON, the so-call demon you attempted to banish. I don’t really know how I would prove I’m not a demon, but I can show you how I function for Nick. Actually, define demon. I might count, but I’m helpful, not malicious.” Text of the screen mirrors what SIMON is saying. (Not sure if Kaleb can read or not.) 

Edited by Dragonheir
Added another sentence

6 hours ago, Dragonheir said:

He has to hold them on, because they’re missing their left side. A voice, recognizable as SIMON, speaks in his ear, “Hello. As you have been told, I am SIMON, the so-call demon you attempted to banish. I don’t really know how I would prove I’m not a demon, but I can show you how I function for Nick. Actually, define demon. I might count, but I’m helpful, not malicious.” Text of the screen mirrors what SIMON is saying. (Not sure if Kaleb can read or not.) 

Kaleb yelps when he first hears the voice, nearly dropping the glasses. He tries to make sense of the weird symbols he sees, but they're not any language he knows. "Uh... hi Demon. I mean-uh-Simon."

On 8/16/2024 at 5:20 PM, Ancient Elantrian said:

Kaleb yelps when he first hears the voice, nearly dropping the glasses. He tries to make sense of the weird symbols he sees, but they're not any language he knows. "Uh... hi Demon. I mean-uh-Simon."

He laughs. "I guess I am kinda scary out of context. You can't read in English, right?" The text is wiped away. "Do you want me to do anything? I can usually predict what Nick will do, but this time I don't know what he's thinking."

@Ancient Elantrian, you’ve been online, but seem to have missed this. (Or you’re procrastinating your procrastination, which is relatable) 

@Ancient Elantrian, you’ve been re-rementioned. 

Edited by Dragonheir

On 8/16/2024 at 5:01 PM, Dragonheir said:

He laughs. "I guess I am kinda scary out of context. You can't read in English, right?" The text is wiped away. "Do you want me to do anything? I can usually predict what Nick will do, but this time I don't know what he's thinking."

@Ancient Elantrian, you’ve been online, but seem to have missed this. (Or you’re procrastinating your procrastination, which is relatable) 

@Ancient Elantrian, you’ve been re-rementioned. 

“Uh… no thank you, Simon the not-demon. No things to do.”

53 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

“Uh… no thank you, Simon the not-demon. No things to do.”

“Ok. Hand me back to Nick, I guess. I’ll need to clear my plan to clean up the solar collector.” A line graphic of the circular area receding into Nick’s suit and the fan things flashes plays on the glasses. 

2 hours ago, Dragonheir said:

“Ok. Hand me back to Nick, I guess. I’ll need to clear my plan to clean up the solar collector.” A line graphic of the circular area receding into Nick’s suit and the fan things flashes plays on the glasses. 

“Okay, goodbye demon. I mean Simon.” Kaleb hands the glasses back to Nick.

Nick takes the glasses and puts them back on, somehow pulling another half a frame from the remnants of the hood, which is being absorbed by the back suit. He fits the frame to the glasses, sticking it to the broken nose piece, then puts them back on. “I’ll be ready to travel in a few minutes, I just have to reclaim this whole mat-thing. Let’s see if we can get back to that jungle you were talking about.” 
 @Ancient Elantrian @J. Magi @The Stormfather

It seems like @AltonicKeys hasn’t been active for over a month at this point… Maybe we should do some advertising to see if we can get more players.

I’d be fine with another teleport now, if it’s time. 
Just gonna note that nobody told Nick about the teleporting. 

Edited by Dragonheir

2 hours ago, Dragonheir said:

Nick takes the glasses and puts them back on, somehow pulling another half a frame from the remnants of the hood, which is being absorbed by the back suit. He fits the frame to the glasses, sticking it to the broken nose piece, then puts them back on. “I’ll be ready to travel in a few minutes, I just have to reclaim this whole mat-thing. Let’s see if we can get back to that jungle you were talking about.” 
 @Ancient Elantrian @J. Magi @The Stormfather

“Okie dokie.”

On 8/14/2024 at 7:57 AM, Ancient Elantrian said:

Kaleb put his hand on Aki, muttering a few words. The blue disappeared, and a warmth covered him.

Kaleb handed him a mug of hot cocoa. “Sorry about that.”

"Mmm," Aki grunted, not sure what to say.

On 8/15/2024 at 1:33 PM, The Stormfather said:

A gust of wind sends sand spraying into all of your eyes. And then, a loud sound. Thump. Thump. Thump. Something was making the sound, not too far away.

you hear the telltale rumbling that you've heard before, when the beastial worm passed, and you see another going past you.

(This place was suggested by @RoyalBeeMage, and it's more of a joke than anything. Have you figured out where you are yet? It's a place from a book. Wait no don't say that, me, its not from a book its a completely original idea that is unique and different from the book who shall remain nameless.)

asdfkljasdlkf I KNEW IT WAS DUNE FOR THE RECORD

Aki sat up with a jolt, suddenly aware he'd overslept.

"Uhhmm . . ." He mumbled, pulling out his last rice ball for breakfast.

"What's happening?"

2 minutes ago, J. Magi said:

Aki sat up with a jolt, suddenly aware he'd overslept.

"Uhhmm . . ." He mumbled, pulling out his last rice ball for breakfast.

"What's happening?"

"Surprisingly little," says Nick. He's standing in the center of the solar collector he'd grown, and he's no longer wearing the hood. He has short brown hair, tanned skin except where the gash on his face had been, and has now-intact glasses. "You're right, SIMON- I forgot. The Viking guy - nobody every told me his name, or yours for that matter - tried to perform an exorcism on me, which almost killed me. Apparently my suit's electricity counts as a 'demon', so it ran out of power and stopped circulating my air. I'm fine now, though."

8 minutes ago, Dragonheir said:

"Surprisingly little," says Nick. He's standing in the center of the solar collector he'd grown, and he's no longer wearing the hood. He has short brown hair, tanned skin except where the gash on his face had been, and has now-intact glasses. "You're right, SIMON- I forgot. The Viking guy - nobody every told me his name, or yours for that matter - tried to perform an exorcism on me, which almost killed me. Apparently my suit's electricity counts as a 'demon', so it ran out of power and stopped circulating my air. I'm fine now, though."

"Oh."

So he wasn't possessed by a demon. He was possessed by a Yūrei.

"So . . . what's the plan from here?'

Just now, J. Magi said:

"Oh."

So he wasn't possessed by a demon. He was possessed by a Yūrei.

"So . . . what's the plan from here?'

"I was thinking we could walk back to the jungle you were talking about, so I can make everyone some food. Which way is it?" 

What's a Yūrei? 

1 minute ago, Dragonheir said:

"I was thinking we could walk back to the jungle you were talking about, so I can make everyone some food. Which way is it?" 

"I don't know where it is . . . Something keeps moving us unexpectedly and suddenly we're in a completely different place."

He shrugged. "Not really sure how it works but I don't think we can go back."

Japanese version of (usually vengeful) ghosts

3 minutes ago, J. Magi said:

"I don't know where it is . . . Something keeps moving us unexpectedly and suddenly we're in a completely different place."

He shrugged. "Not really sure how it works but I don't think we can go back."

"We're teleporting around and nobody told me? Do you have any idea how groundbreaking that is? It's not quite to the level of rocks-of-making-entropy-cry-in-a-corner, but it's close, and I'm encouraged to mess with it!" 

I don't know how Aki got vengeful ghost from misinformed viking yoinked my battery with a magic rock, but OK! 

4 minutes ago, Dragonheir said:

"We're teleporting around and nobody told me? Do you have any idea how groundbreaking that is? It's not quite to the level of rocks-of-making-entropy-cry-in-a-corner, but it's close, and I'm encouraged to mess with it!" 

"Well . . . you teleported here with the rest of us, and you have all that weird . . ." Aki gestured at his suit, "Stuff. For all I know, you could be the one causing it!"

1-viking and Nick confirm he's not possessed with a demon

2-but, Nick still has a bunch of weird tech and that ai guy that Aki's 1890's brain can't comprehend

3-so he must be possessed with something else. Hence, another supernatural being.

31 minutes ago, J. Magi said:

"Well . . . you teleported here with the rest of us, and you have all that weird . . ." Aki gestured at his suit, "Stuff. For all I know, you could be the one causing it!"

"You got here first, unless I was unconscious in the jungle. And anyway, our ships can go fast, but I think you'd know if you were in one." Nick takes his glasses off, and hands them to Aki. "SIMON made a presentation to explain how this works. Apparently I'm not very convincing."

1- I think Kaleb actually came to the conclusion that Nick was possessed, but by something helpful. 

2- The multimedia presentation may change that. 

3- Nick is operating in full third law mode right now (and so is everyone else). SIMON kinda counts as a supernatural being under that logic. 

6 minutes ago, Dragonheir said:

"You got here first, unless I was unconscious in the jungle. And anyway, our ships can go fast, but I think you'd know if you were in one." Nick takes his glasses off, and hands them to Aki. "SIMON made a presentation to explain how this works. Apparently I'm not very convincing."

"All your weird magic stuff is the same to me," He mumbled, waving a hand.

Aki is just easily confused and uncaring about details as a character lol . . . I'm not really thinking about it that hard, just trying to make him seem unused to tech not from his time

Just now, J. Magi said:

"All your weird magic stuff is the same to me," He mumbled, waving a hand.

"You know what? It's probably fine if you just think about it as magic." he puts his glasses back on. "Just know that my clothes can grow pretty much whatever I want, and my glasses can sorta think and record and display audio and video. I mostly know how it works, and so does SIMON, so there shouldn't be any reason for you to need to mess with it." He bends down and picks up some of the solar mat, folding it over. "I'll keep the presentation. If I can get through the safeguards, I'll be able to create more suits, and trust me, they'll keep you a lot safer than those clothes. But you'll definitely want to know how they work before you put them on. I would, at least."

You're doing a good job of that. 

1 minute ago, Dragonheir said:

"You know what? It's probably fine if you just think about it as magic." he puts his glasses back on. "Just know that my clothes can grow pretty much whatever I want, and my glasses can sorta think and record and display audio and video. I mostly know how it works, and so does SIMON, so there shouldn't be any reason for you to need to mess with it." He bends down and picks up some of the solar mat, folding it over. "I'll keep the presentation. If I can get through the safeguards, I'll be able to create more suits, and trust me, they'll keep you a lot safer than those clothes. But you'll definitely want to know how they work before you put them on. I would, at least."

"Hmmmmmmm I don't really believe in magic so it might not work for me . . . though it does look less heavy then gusoku (his armor)."