Teleportation : A mystery/chaotic RP

Just now, J. Magi said:

"Hmmmmmmm I don't really believe in magic so it might not work for me . . . though it does look less heavy then gusoku (his armor)."

Nick sighs. "You just said you thought it was magic. It's just advanced technology." he wraps his left arm in some solar mat, then goes back to rolling it up. Around thirty seconds later, the arm has absorbed the excess biofabric. "Here, try to cut through the fabric on my arm." he says, holding it up. 

1 minute ago, Dragonheir said:

Nick sighs. "You just said you thought it was magic. It's just advanced technology." 

"Yeah it's probably magic, but that doesn't mean I believe in it." He said, as if that made sense. "It's not really my business anyway."

2 minutes ago, Dragonheir said:

he wraps his left arm in some solar mat, then goes back to rolling it up. Around thirty seconds later, the arm has absorbed the excess biofabric. "Here, try to cut through the fabric on my arm." he says, holding it up. 

"Uh."

"That could be dangerous . . . you just got better from being all unconscious I'm not gonna chop your arm off."

Just now, J. Magi said:

"Yeah it's probably magic, but that doesn't mean I believe in it." He said, as if that made sense. "It's not really my business anyway."

"Uh."

"That could be dangerous . . . you just got better from being all unconscious I'm not gonna chop your arm off."

"I guarantee what I just did to my sleeve makes it stronger than any armor you've ever seen." he holds up his other arm. "This sleeve, on the other hand, is relatively easy to cut through. Whatever put me in that coma either caught me by surprise or used several different attacks. You could burn through my enhanced sleeve here, and you could cut through a burn-proof one. I could layer the two, but if the flame resistant layer was cut through, the cut resistant layer could be set on fire, or vice versa. It's really hard to make things invincible, but I can make my suit resist one thing easily."

"I guarantee what I just did to my sleeve makes it stronger than any armor you've ever seen." he holds up his other arm. "This sleeve, on the other hand, is relatively easy to cut through. Whatever put me in that coma either caught me by surprise or used several different attacks. You could burn through my enhanced sleeve here, and you could cut through a burn-proof one. I could layer the two, but if the flame resistant layer was cut through, the cut resistant layer could be set on fire, or vice versa. It's really hard to make things invincible, but I can make my suit resist one thing easily."

"That sounds . . . complicated." Aki took Nick's armored sleeved in his hand, examining the fabric but not really understanding why it was so strong now.

"But it seems you've got it figured out, no need for me to test it by cutting it."

Edited by J. Magi

4 minutes ago, J. Magi said:

"That sounds . . . complicated." Aki took Nick's armored sleeved in his hand, examining the fabric but not really understanding why it was so strong now.

"But it seems you've got it figured out, no need for me to test it by cutting it."

“Never mind. What happened that made you teleport last time?” The fabric is rough and somewhat squishy, but hardens when you push on it, like oobleck. 

Just now, Dragonheir said:

“Never mind. What happened that made you teleport last time?” The fabric is rough and somewhat squishy, but hardens when you push on it, like oobleck. 

"I don't really know . . . I was fighting a giant bear because I wanted to eat it but then my companion I was fighting with disappeared somehow and I was teleported too but he didn't come with."

He gestures at Kaleb. "He was there too I think."

2 minutes ago, J. Magi said:

"I don't really know . . . I was fighting a giant bear because I wanted to eat it but then my companion I was fighting with disappeared somehow and I was teleported too but he didn't come with."

He gestures at Kaleb. "He was there too I think."

“Your companion?” 

Weren’t there voices from the sky? And a pulse of yellow? (Edit: there were) 

Edited by Dragonheir

“Your companion?” 

Wow I did not remember that lol . . . thanks for the correction

"Yeah he was some guy, real smart, talked a lot--like you. I think he also had a tail which was sort of cool."

1 minute ago, J. Magi said:

"Yeah he was some guy, real smart, talked a lot--like you. I think he also had a tail which was sort of cool."

“Like me… hmm. What kind of tail? Did he also have wings?” 

The talks a lot part is me. It’s just something I do. 

“Like me… hmm. What kind of tail? Did he also have wings?” 

"Maybe? I wasn't really paying attention, we were busy looking for food and fighting those giant animal things."

3 minutes ago, Dragonheir said:

Nick raises one eyebrow. “Maybe what’s-his-name knows.” @Ancient Elantrian 

"Oh yeah, he might've been paying more attention then me. He was gathering food in the jungle too." He glanced in the vikings direction.

"He's Kaleb I think, and I'm Kato Akimitsu." He gave a small bow after introducing himself.

1 minute ago, J. Magi said:

"Oh yeah, he might've been paying more attention then me. He was gathering food in the jungle too." He glanced in the vikings direction.

"He's Kaleb I think, and I'm Kato Akimitsu." He gave a small bow after introducing himself.

“I likely told you this already, but I am Nick Bryer.” He imitates the bow exactly. Aki can see blue lights flash on his glasses as he does so. 

“I likely told you this already, but I am Nick Bryer.” He imitates the bow exactly. Aki can see blue lights flash on his glasses as he does so. 

"Nice to meet you."

"So, did you say you had knowledge on the whole teleportation thing? I don't really mind being away from home but it would be nice to control it."

2 hours ago, J. Magi said:

"Nice to meet you."

"So, did you say you had knowledge on the whole teleportation thing? I don't really mind being away from home but it would be nice to control it."

“I’m training to become a xenoengineer, which means I know how to figure out how things work. The IISC” - he pronounces it like Isaac - “doesn’t have the technology to teleport like this. That being said, there’s two ways it could work. Moving us physically, or disintegrating and then reassembling us.” 

Edited by Dragonheir
Missed an I in IISC

“I’m training to become a xenoengineer, which means I know how to figure out how things work. The ISC” - he pronounces it like Isaac - “doesn’t have the technology to teleport like this. That being said, there’s two ways it could work. Moving us physically, or disintegrating and then reassembling us.” 

"Hmmm I see. Do they have 'technology' that can teleport people where you come from?"

1 hour ago, J. Magi said:

"Hmmm I see. Do they have 'technology' that can teleport people where you come from?"

“I literally just told you that we didn’t. The IISC, Interstellar Intelligent Species Council, is the government that’s supposed to have jurisdiction everywhere humans or the other twelve species live. I don’t know of any technology we have that’s even close. We travel between the stars, but it takes months. The only place I’d think could hide that sort of advantage is the True AI System. That being said, we’ve developed guesses for what a teleporter could look like, mostly for fun. They either tell you the exact makeup of what is being teleported, then assemble it at the destination, which we can’t do, or they create a tunnel through space that connects two different places, which we can’t do. Or they somehow swap things directly. We don’t even know how that would be possible.” 

43 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

“Knows what? Sorry, zoned out there.”

“Somehow, nobody told me we were teleporting around. What happens before and after the teleportation?” Nick is still rolling up his solar mat, trying to make it be absorbed faster. 

30 minutes ago, Dragonheir said:

“I literally just told you that we didn’t. The IISC, Interstellar Intelligent Species Council, is the government that’s supposed to have jurisdiction everywhere humans or the other twelve species live. I don’t know of any technology we have that’s even close. We travel between the stars, but it takes months. The only place I’d think could hide that sort of advantage is the True AI System. That being said, we’ve developed guesses for what a teleporter could look like, mostly for fun. They either tell you the exact makeup of what is being teleported, then assemble it at the destination, which we can’t do, or they create a tunnel through space that connects two different places, which we can’t do. Or they somehow swap things directly. We don’t even know how that would be possible.” 

"I thought you just said your suit couldn't do it, which is why I asked," Aki explained. "I didn't understand most of that, but it sounded interesting. What's an AI?"

5 minutes ago, J. Magi said:

"I thought you just said your suit couldn't do it, which is why I asked," Aki explained. "I didn't understand most of that, but it sounded interesting. What's an AI?"

“AI stands for artificial intelligence. They’re machines built to think like humans. SIMON is one. He is run by my glasses, and his job is to give me advice and organize things. But occasionally AI will ‘level up’ becoming smarter and more human. The first AI to do this asked for a planet in exchange for leaving everyone alone, and every new ‘true AI’ that develops goes there as well. Nobody knows what they actually do there. They might have highly advanced technology, because they think so much faster than humans.” 

3 minutes ago, Dragonheir said:

“AI stands for artificial intelligence. They’re machines built to think like humans. SIMON is one. He is run by my glasses, and his job is to give me advice and organize things. But occasionally AI will ‘level up’ becoming smarter and more human. The first AI to do this asked for a planet in exchange for leaving everyone alone, and every new ‘true AI’ that develops goes there as well. Nobody knows what they actually do there. They might have highly advanced technology, because they think so much faster than humans.” 

"Huh." He seems more perplexed then ever, but doesn't admit it.

Just now, J. Magi said:

"Huh." He seems more perplexed then ever, but doesn't admit it.

“Here, you can talk to SIMON if you want. He’s the one who asked you for help when I was in a coma.” Nick points at the corner of his glasses. “Here’s where his brain is.” Then he hands over the glasses. 

1 hour ago, Dragonheir said:

“Somehow, nobody told me we were teleporting around. What happens before and after the teleportation?” Nick is still rolling up his solar mat, trying to make it be absorbed faster. 

“Something. Probably. What’s a teleportwhatawhat?”

1 hour ago, Dragonheir said:

“Here, you can talk to SIMON if you want. He’s the one who asked you for help when I was in a coma.” Nick points at the corner of his glasses. “Here’s where his brain is.” Then he hands over the glasses. 

Aki clumsily puts them on, wondering how a machine could have a brain.

"Uhm. Simon?"

1 hour ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

“Something. Probably. What’s a teleportwhatawhat?”

“Moving from one place to another without passing through places in between is generally called teleportation. Apparently you’ve been moving from place to place, and there was someone who was apparently similar to me disappeared. Can you tell me more about either what happens when you teleport, or about the person?” 

1 hour ago, J. Magi said:

Aki clumsily puts them on, wondering how a machine could have a brain.

"Uhm. Simon?"

The right side of the glasses feels wood-like, while the left is smooth and hard. The right lens is also missing. SIMON speaks from the left glasses hinge. “Hello Aki. May I call you that? I’m Nick’s AI assistant, and my job is to help him by explaining, analyzing, managing, and implementing things he needs explained, analyzed, managed, or implemented. Normally, I’m connected to a network of similar thinking machines and information libraries, and I’ve lost much of my memory, so I’ve had to recreate things, such as my emotion recognition, from scratch.” As SIMON talks, related diagrams appear on the glasses lens. “Nick has upgraded me several times, giving me personality and enhanced capabilities. For instance, he personally designed a program that shows where to step and move depending on your goal. With practice following it, he can run across uneven surfaces, do acrobatics, and parry sword blows, despite not knowing how to do any of those things.” SIMON displays both lines in the air that show how to perform the actions, and a stick figure accomplishing them. “I’m guessing you have questions for me. I’m happy to answer them, although my lost memory may make this difficult.” 

SIMON was an acronym, but I forgot what it stood for and never wrote it down. :( 
Suit Intelligence M???? Optics? Network, or something like that.