Teleportation : A mystery/chaotic RP

1 hour ago, Dragonheir said:

“Moving from one place to another without passing through places in between is generally called teleportation. Apparently you’ve been moving from place to place, and there was someone who was apparently similar to me disappeared. Can you tell me more about either what happens when you teleport, or about the person?” 

The right side of the glasses feels wood-like, while the left is smooth and hard. The right lens is also missing. SIMON speaks from the left glasses hinge. “Hello Aki. May I call you that? I’m Nick’s AI assistant, and my job is to help him by explaining, analyzing, managing, and implementing things he needs explained, analyzed, managed, or implemented. Normally, I’m connected to a network of similar thinking machines and information libraries, and I’ve lost much of my memory, so I’ve had to recreate things, such as my emotion recognition, from scratch.” As SIMON talks, related diagrams appear on the glasses lens. “Nick has upgraded me several times, giving me personality and enhanced capabilities. For instance, he personally designed a program that shows where to step and move depending on your goal. With practice following it, he can run across uneven surfaces, do acrobatics, and parry sword blows, despite not knowing how to do any of those things.” SIMON displays both lines in the air that show how to perform the actions, and a stick figure accomplishing them. “I’m guessing you have questions for me. I’m happy to answer them, although my lost memory may make this difficult.” 

“That’s not physically possible, right?”

7 hours ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

“That’s not physically possible, right?”

“The space shortcut and the disassembly-reassembly are physically possible, but we have no idea how they would be accomplished. The physical swap is, as far as we know, not possible. But something must have happened, unless the jungle morphed into the desert while you weren’t paying attention. That’s a thing we could do, but not quickly.” Nick is still rolling up the solar mat. “In order to find out how it works, I’d need a description of what happens. I’ve been either absent or unconscious for the teleportations. Also, the person with the tail who seemed like me may have some interesting implications.” 

12 hours ago, Dragonheir said:

The right side of the glasses feels wood-like, while the left is smooth and hard. The right lens is also missing. SIMON speaks from the left glasses hinge. “Hello Aki. May I call you that? I’m Nick’s AI assistant, and my job is to help him by explaining, analyzing, managing, and implementing things he needs explained, analyzed, managed, or implemented. Normally, I’m connected to a network of similar thinking machines and information libraries, and I’ve lost much of my memory, so I’ve had to recreate things, such as my emotion recognition, from scratch.” As SIMON talks, related diagrams appear on the glasses lens. “Nick has upgraded me several times, giving me personality and enhanced capabilities. For instance, he personally designed a program that shows where to step and move depending on your goal. With practice following it, he can run across uneven surfaces, do acrobatics, and parry sword blows, despite not knowing how to do any of those things.” SIMON displays both lines in the air that show how to perform the actions, and a stick figure accomplishing them. “I’m guessing you have questions for me. I’m happy to answer them, although my lost memory may make this difficult.” 

"Ummm," Aki said. He'd never met a little Kami who lived inside spectacles. "What's your favorite food?"

3 hours ago, Dragonheir said:

“The space shortcut and the disassembly-reassembly are physically possible, but we have no idea how they would be accomplished. The physical swap is, as far as we know, not possible. But something must have happened, unless the jungle morphed into the desert while you weren’t paying attention. That’s a thing we could do, but not quickly.” Nick is still rolling up the solar mat. “In order to find out how it works, I’d need a description of what happens. I’ve been either absent or unconscious for the teleportations. Also, the person with the tail who seemed like me may have some interesting implications.” 

"Hm. Weird. Maybe we're all being possessed by little demons, and are seeing things! I can perform another execration!" 

8 minutes ago, J. Magi said:

"Ummm," Aki said. He'd never met a little Kami who lived inside spectacles. "What's your favorite food?"

“I don’t actually need to eat. I can feed off of light from Nick’s suit, or the energy produced by a fusion reactor, which is essentially a small star that our ships are powered by.” SIMON displays a cutaway graphic of one of the reactors. “I do have a favorite color, though. It’s the greenish blue I’ve been using for graphics. We went to a world where the plants were that color, and I liked it so much I set it as the color palette.” The entire lens is covered in a picture of that planet. Ferns, grasses, and bushes in a shade of turquoise around the same brightness as earth leaves cover the ground. Vines and roots tether floating, disc shaped plants in place, while others hang in the sky. A scaly, squirrel-like creature with small wings jumps from one to another, the floating plant bobbing under its weight. Above you, one darting shape with huge wings chases another, winding through the sky. A flash of flame comes from the prey’s mouth, and a floating island plant explodes, showering the hunting dragon with plant, and distracting it enough for the smaller prey to escape. (These are western dragons, not eastern.) Then, off to the side, you see a shape step out from behind one of the almost-tree tethered plants. It’s a similar color to the plants, mottled with the brown color of the dirt, and has large, folded wings on its back. Unlike the other dragons you’ve seen, however, it walks on two legs rather than four, and in its forelimbs, or perhaps more accurately, arms, it holds a spear. Then the video cuts off. “Cool, right!” SIMON says. “That’s all the footage I have that isn’t half scrambled. Did you like it?” 

11 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

"Hm. Weird. Maybe we're all being possessed by little demons, and are seeing things! I can perform another execration!" 

Nick puts a hand on his forehead. “I’ll grow myself some dead clothes so you don’t break my suit again. How exactly does your exorcism work?” He turns around, “Hey SIMON! Can you get me some dead clothes so Kaleb doesn’t break the suit?” 

40 minutes ago, Dragonheir said:

“I don’t actually need to eat. I can feed off of light from Nick’s suit, or the energy produced by a fusion reactor, which is essentially a small star that our ships are powered by.” SIMON displays a cutaway graphic of one of the reactors. “I do have a favorite color, though. It’s the greenish blue I’ve been using for graphics. We went to a world where the plants were that color, and I liked it so much I set it as the color palette.” The entire lens is covered in a picture of that planet. Ferns, grasses, and bushes in a shade of turquoise around the same brightness as earth leaves cover the ground. Vines and roots tether floating, disc shaped plants in place, while others hang in the sky. A scaly, squirrel-like creature with small wings jumps from one to another, the floating plant bobbing under its weight. Above you, one darting shape with huge wings chases another, winding through the sky. A flash of flame comes from the prey’s mouth, and a floating island plant explodes, showering the hunting dragon with plant, and distracting it enough for the smaller prey to escape. (These are western dragons, not eastern.) Then, off to the side, you see a shape step out from behind one of the almost-tree tethered plants. It’s a similar color to the plants, mottled with the brown color of the dirt, and has large, folded wings on its back. Unlike the other dragons you’ve seen, however, it walks on two legs rather than four, and in its forelimbs, or perhaps more accurately, arms, it holds a spear. Then the video cuts off. “Cool, right!” SIMON says. “That’s all the footage I have that isn’t half scrambled. Did you like it?” 

Nick puts a hand on his forehead. “I’ll grow myself some dead clothes so you don’t break my suit again. How exactly does your exorcism work?” He turns around, “Hey SIMON! Can you get me some dead clothes so Kaleb doesn’t break the suit?” 

"I steal a ton of your energy, and it pulls out the demon with it!"

1 minute ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

"I steal a ton of your energy, and it pulls out the demon with it!"

"Wait, what? Can you do that to inanimate objects? Because if you can take the energy out, then put it back, you get literal infinite power to do anything. Those things reverse entropy!" 

9 minutes ago, Dragonheir said:

"Wait, what? Can you do that to inanimate objects? Because if you can take the energy out, then put it back, you get literal infinite power to do anything. Those things reverse entropy!" 

"Uh... inanimate objects? I mean, in theory. But... what?"

Just now, Ancient Elantrian said:

"Uh... inanimate objects? I mean, in theory. But... what?"

"Ok, so. If you took a pot of water, you could pull the energy out. It would warm up again, then you could add the energy back, then take the total energy away again. If you did that a couple times, you've boiled water without burning anything. That's not possible for me- with that crystal you could power anything I possess forever." 

3 minutes ago, Dragonheir said:

"Ok, so. If you took a pot of water, you could pull the energy out. It would warm up again, then you could add the energy back, then take the total energy away again. If you did that a couple times, you've boiled water without burning anything. That's not possible for me- with that crystal you could power anything I possess forever." 

"I see. So... eighteen billion dollars for the magic infinite power rock?" Kaleb put out his hand.

1 hour ago, Dragonheir said:

Aki frowned. "But you Nick said you people couldn't teleport? How'd you get to other planets?" He seemed unconvinced.

2 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

"I see. So... eighteen billion dollars for the magic infinite power rock?" Kaleb put out his hand.

"I think I could do that in a day or two, if I was in the IISC. But there's nobody here who could give me the money, and IISC currency is probably worthless to you anyway. What about if I build us a space ship using the crystal's energy and give it to you once we're out of here. A fusion reactor, which is what we use to power them, can produce pretty much any material you want from water. Ever heard of titanium? It's the strongest metal by weight we know of. And vanadium? That's another metal, which makes incredibly strong alloys. Gold takes some energy, but the crystals can collect infinite energy." Nick gestures to himself. "The only jobs people still have are creative. Anything menial can be done by machines. I can give you these machines when we find a way to get back. Even a copy of the teleporter we'll have to have reverse engineered. Combined with the crystals, your civilization will be a utopia that can literally last past what should have been the end of the universe." 

15 minutes ago, J. Magi said:

Aki frowned. "But you Nick said you people couldn't teleport? How'd you get to other planets?" He seemed unconvinced.

"We use flying ships. They move very fast, but it's highly unlikely that one could have scooped us up and moved us. They're rather large, and don't do well anywhere there's gravity." 

42 minutes ago, Dragonheir said:

"I think I could do that in a day or two, if I was in the IISC. But there's nobody here who could give me the money, and IISC currency is probably worthless to you anyway. What about if I build us a space ship using the crystal's energy and give it to you once we're out of here. A fusion reactor, which is what we use to power them, can produce pretty much any material you want from water. Ever heard of titanium? It's the strongest metal by weight we know of. And vanadium? That's another metal, which makes incredibly strong alloys. Gold takes some energy, but the crystals can collect infinite energy." Nick gestures to himself. "The only jobs people still have are creative. Anything menial can be done by machines. I can give you these machines when we find a way to get back. Even a copy of the teleporter we'll have to have reverse engineered. Combined with the crystals, your civilization will be a utopia that can literally last past what should have been the end of the universe." 

"We use flying ships. They move very fast, but it's highly unlikely that one could have scooped us up and moved us. They're rather large, and don't do well anywhere there's gravity." 

“Got it. Not really. But okay. You do that. I’ll just stand on the sidelines while you do cool stuff.”

3 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

“Got it. Not really. But okay. You do that. I’ll just stand on the sidelines while you do cool stuff.”

Nick takes the crystal Kaleb presumably handed him. “Thank you. You have no idea how amazing it is.” He turns it over in his hand. “How do I turn this on?” 

@The Stormfather, Nick is gonna make a spaceship. Is that a thing he’s allowed to do? 

2 hours ago, Dragonheir said:

We use flying ships. They move very fast, but it's highly unlikely that one could have scooped us up and moved us. They're rather large, and don't do well anywhere there's gravity." 

"Hmmm but ships don't have wings." He contemplated this deeply. "I suppose they fly through your magic reasoning, huh."

3 hours ago, Dragonheir said:

Nick takes the crystal Kaleb presumably handed him. “Thank you. You have no idea how amazing it is.” He turns it over in his hand. “How do I turn this on?” 

@The Stormfather, Nick is gonna make a spaceship. Is that a thing he’s allowed to do? 

“Oh, you’ll have to convert. The crystal only listens to followers of the moon.”

1 hour ago, J. Magi said:

"Hmmm but ships don't have wings." He contemplated this deeply. "I suppose they fly through your magic reasoning, huh."

”this man has way too much magic reasoning. Probably conspiracies.”

1 hour ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

“Oh, you’ll have to convert. The crystal only listens to followers of the moon.”

”this man has way too much magic reasoning. Probably conspiracies.”

"Or propaganda, either way it's pretty strange."

1 minute ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

"I still think he's possessed..." Kaleb whispers.

"Yes that is always an option, there are a lot of things you can get possessed by, not that I believe in them."

"You should believe in them. Some are creepy, and very real."

"Nah, if I believe in them, then they really will be real."

"That's... that's not how it works. You can't just pretend the earth-king doesn't pull on you and then start floating."

"It's not pretending. If I don't think it's real, then there's a chance I'm right and it's not real."