Teleportation : A mystery/chaotic RP

1 hour ago, Dragonheir said:

“Yeah, when the ice melts, I will have tricked the sun into giving me a bunch of energy I can steal from it.” Nick clicks the wings into the back of the suit. “If I had some metal, it’d be faster, but this will work.” 

Yeah okay, that works.

“Wow…” Kaleb mutters, “That’s crazy… you can do that? Steal from the Sun?”

2 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

“Wow…” Kaleb mutters, “That’s crazy… you can do that? Steal from the Sun?”

“Yeah, that’s what I’d been trying to explain.” Nick scoops up some of the sand, experimentally pouring it onto the suit. “Plants essentially do that, and so does my suit. But the crystals make it so that you can steal much more at once.” 

Uhh I’m back from camping for a week and have a ton of notifs, can y’all tell me if you need me for something? I got little time for the next while, and it would be much appreciated if you did. Thanks.

Yellow energy gathers on the ground. Small pellets of it.

11 hours ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

"Uh... no. You did not. Nor I."

“Have you ever seen anything like this before? SIMON, can you analyze these?” 

@The Stormfather, does SIMON get more than “glowing yellow” through a visual analysis? 
If that doesn’t work, Nick turns back to Kaleb. “That looks pretty sun-like to me. Let’s try an exorcism. Can I have a second crystal?” 

36 minutes ago, Dragonheir said:

@The Stormfather, does SIMON get more than “glowing yellow” through a visual analysis? 
If that doesn’t work, Nick turns back to Kaleb. “That looks pretty sun-like to me. Let’s try an exorcism. Can I have a second crystal?” 

SIMON sees/senses some form of radioactivity, but not enough to be dangerous. 

52 minutes ago, Dragonheir said:

Kaleb nervously hands him one.

3 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

Kaleb nervously hands him one.

“Thanks. Ok. Layers. I’m thinking heat, shrapnel, concussive, radiation. Twice.” Nick turns to the others. “You might want to stand back.” Nick says the exorcism incantation, then touches the crystal to the mote of energy. “Energy potentially of the sun; begone!” he commands, hoping that the crystal will work as intended and trap the energy within it. 
 @The Stormfather, does it work? Kaleb’s crystals are intended to trap sun demons, but they also work on heat, electricity, and likely other, more arcane forms of energy. 

“Thanks. Ok. Layers. I’m thinking heat, shrapnel, concussive, radiation. Twice.” Nick turns to the others. “You might want to stand back.” Nick says the exorcism incantation, then touches the crystal to the mote of energy. “Energy potentially of the sun; begone!” he commands, hoping that the crystal will work as intended and trap the energy within it. 
 @The Stormfather, does it work? Kaleb’s crystals are intended to trap sun demons, but they also work on heat, electricity, and likely other, more arcane forms of energy. 

It begins to pull in the yellow energy.

And then the crystal explodes. 
it was WAY too much energy, too fast.

1 minute ago, The Stormfather said:

It begins to pull in the yellow energy.

And then the crystal explodes. 
it was WAY too much energy, too fast.

“Whoa. SIMON, estimate how much energy that was. I think we’ve found our teleporter.” 
 @Ancient Elantrian, would there be shrapnel in a crystal explosion?” 

2 minutes ago, The Stormfather said:

Even more yellow energy begins to gather, more and more and it begins to form a sort of blinding light of energy in front of you.

@Dragonheir @Ancient Elantrian @AltonicKeys

You forgot @J. Magi
“Yeah. Definitely a teleporter. You’re recording, right?” “Of course.” 

33 minutes ago, The Stormfather said:

Even more yellow energy begins to gather, more and more and it begins to form a sort of blinding light of energy in front of you.

@Dragonheir @Ancient Elantrian @AltonicKeys

"Woah, is this one of your contraptions?!" Aki asked Nick, a little panicked. He regretted spacing off the last few minutes.

13 minutes ago, J. Magi said:

"Woah, is this one of your contraptions?!" Aki asked Nick, a little panicked. He regretted spacing off the last few minutes.

“Nope. I think this is what’s teleporting us, or at least what powers it. Its energy density is incredible; my crystal exploded.” Nick turns to Kaleb. “Hey, is there a way to only take as much energy as the crystals can store? If so, can I have another one?” @Ancient Elantrian 

The light blind you and all becomes a pale shade of yellow. It begins to fade, and this time, you are in a small, twenty foot diameter circular cavern ( not a perfect circle) with one tunnel leading out of it.

it’s very dark, and you can’t see beyond the small exit. All is silent.

@Dragonheir @Ancient Elantrian @AltonicKeys @J. Magi

56 minutes ago, The Stormfather said:

The light blind you and all becomes a pale shade of yellow. It begins to fade, and this time, you are in a small, twenty foot diameter circular cavern ( not a perfect circle) with one tunnel leading out of it.

“Huh. I guess that’s what teleporting feels like. SIMON?” A light clicks on in Nick’s glasses. “Glad that still works.” Nick turns back to the others. @Ancient Elantrian @J. Magi “Do you two want lights? It’ll take me thirty seconds. I’m going to see if there’s any metal deposits here.” Looks around, occasionally pressing his hand to the wall. 
Does he find anything? 

1 hour ago, The Stormfather said:

"Aaaand here we go again . . ."

2 minutes ago, Dragonheir said:

“Huh. I guess that’s what teleporting feels like. SIMON?” A light clicks on in Nick’s glasses. “Glad that still works.” Nick turns back to the others. @Ancient Elantrian @J. Magi “Do you two want lights? It’ll take me thirty seconds. I’m going to see if there’s any metal deposits here.” Looks around, occasionally pressing his hand to the wall. 
Does he find anything? 

Aki pulled out an oil lantern, turning the knob so the little flame inside grew. "I hope we're not trapped down here . . ."

Just now, J. Magi said:

"Aaaand here we go again . . ."

Aki pulled out an oil lantern, turning the knob so the little flame inside grew. "I hope we're not trapped down here . . ."

"Me too. We could survive down here indefinitely, but we'd probably go insane. I can start synthesizing more oil, so you don't run out. Or make a flash light." 

2 minutes ago, Dragonheir said:

"Me too. We could survive down here indefinitely, but we'd probably go insane. I can start synthesizing more oil, so you don't run out. Or make a flash light." 

"Well, we'll probably be teleported again at some point, right? It always happens after a few hours."

Just now, J. Magi said:

"Well, we'll probably be teleported again at some point, right? It always happens after a few hours."

"Yesterday we were in the desert for over ten hours. But yes, it likely that this will eventually go off again." 

Just now, Dragonheir said:

"Yesterday we were in the desert for over ten hours. But yes, it likely that this will eventually go off again." 

"So no worries about insanity," Aki concluded.

He wandered over the the tunnel, inspecting it's structural integrity.

Does he find anything? 

There are a few tiny deposits of copper.