Teleportation : A mystery/chaotic RP

1 hour ago, Dragonheir said:

“Sure.” 

“Huh. Was he here the whole time? I feel like I should have noticed…” Looking back and forth between himself and the stormtrooper, Nick continues, “Connect to SIMON and he’ll explain the long part. The gist is that I think that thing lives here, and wants us gone. I personally would be fine with being gone, but I don’t think the whatever-it-is would just let us walk away.” 

“And it likes throwing rocks.”

1 minute ago, The Stormfather said:

The red eyes blink a few times, growl, and seem to get a bit farther away. You can tell from the tone of its growling that it’s just realized how many of you there are. 
But still, two pebbles are launched at Larry. @AltonicKeys

Nick goes back to shielding the opening with his artificial wings, leaving only small gaps at the edges. He walks forward, confident that the new suit layer will protect him from the pebbles. I believe @J. Magi is in front of him, but Nick would try to go around if he didn't move. 

2 hours ago, The Stormfather said:

The red eyes blink a few times, growl, and seem to get a bit farther away. You can tell from the tone of its growling that it’s just realized how many of you there are. 

2 hours ago, Dragonheir said:

Nick goes back to shielding the opening with his artificial wings, leaving only small gaps at the edges. He walks forward, confident that the new suit layer will protect him from the pebbles. I believe @J. Magi is in front of him, but Nick would try to go around if he didn't move. 

Aki ducks behind him, letting him go ahead. Slowly, he drew his Katana filling the air with a soft steel sound. The hunting knife was still in his other hand.

"Do you have a plan?"

7 minutes ago, J. Magi said:

Aki ducks behind him, letting him go ahead. Slowly, he drew his Katana filling the air with a soft steel sound. The hunting knife was still in his other hand.

"Do you have a plan?"

"Yep!" Kaleb rapid fires crystals at the creature, trying to freeze it.

@The Stormfather does it work?

16 minutes ago, The Stormfather said:

You see that the creature (I don’t really wanna describe it it’s a werewolf that’s hunched over) is frozen and struggling. 

"Well I've never seen anything like that before."

49 minutes ago, The Stormfather said:

You see that the creature (I don’t really wanna describe it it’s a werewolf that’s hunched over) is frozen and struggling. 

54 minutes ago, J. Magi said:

"Well I've never seen anything like that before."

“Me neither. And this didn’t happen when we froze you.” Nick walks forward. “Calm down. We’re not going to hurt you. I’m just going to touch you, and then you’ll be asleep.” he says soothingly (his voice sounds nervous, but SIMON doctored the version coming through the speakers). Little balls of sedative well up from the fabric of Nick’s glove, and he puts it to the creature’s skin, weathering the thrashing with the knowledge that his suit will protect him. If it’s earth compatible, it falls asleep. If it’s not, this is likely poison. 

7 hours ago, Dragonheir said:

“Me neither. And this didn’t happen when we froze you.” Nick walks forward. “Calm down. We’re not going to hurt you. I’m just going to touch you, and then you’ll be asleep.” he says soothingly (his voice sounds nervous, but SIMON doctored the version coming through the speakers). Little balls of sedative well up from the fabric of Nick’s glove, and he puts it to the creature’s skin, weathering the thrashing with the knowledge that his suit will protect him. If it’s earth compatible, it falls asleep. If it’s not, this is likely poison. 

It falls asleep.

17 hours ago, Dragonheir said:

“Great! It worked.” Nick examines the creature more fully, documenting it for study. 

"Well that's handy," Aki said glancing at his knife. He re-sheathed his sword, and raised his lantern to look further down the tunnel.

"I hope there's not more of them."

2 minutes ago, J. Magi said:

"Well that's handy," Aki said glancing at his knife. He re-sheathed his sword, and raised his lantern to look further down the tunnel.

"I hope there's not more of them."

"Me too. I only have so much sedative." 

Nick turns back to the stormtrooper, pulling his hood back off and putting his hand out for a handshake. "I'm Nick Bryer, from the IISC." @AltonicKeys 

4 minutes ago, Dragonheir said:

"Me too. I only have so much sedative." 

Nick turns back to the stormtrooper, pulling his hood back off and putting his hand out for a handshake. "I'm Nick Bryer, from the IISC." @AltonicKeys 

"Oh, and I'm Aki," He told the man in the weird armour, not remembering if he'd ever introduced himself to him before.

On 8/26/2024 at 6:44 AM, The Stormfather said:

He lets them bounce harmlessly off his armor and does not react.

9 hours ago, Dragonheir said:

9 hours ago, J. Magi said:

"Oh, and I'm Aki," He told the man in the weird armour, not remembering if he'd ever introduced himself to him before.

8 hours ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

"Kaleb."

Larry shakes Nick's hand, unsure if he's heard of his organization. "Soldier 014, division 5, but the others," he nods to Aki and Kaleb, "They address me as Larry. You can do the same if you wish." With a tap, Larry connects to SIMON on his wrist.

Would Larry recognize the IISC? Assuming they're in the same world, it could be something that popped up in history, or still active.

Edited by AltonicKeys

10 minutes ago, AltonicKeys said:

Larry shakes Nick's hand, unsure if he's heard of his organization. "Soldier 014, division 5, but the others," he nods to Aki and Kaleb, "They address me as Larry. You can do the same if you wish." With a tap, Larry connects to SIMON on his wrist.

"Hi Larry!"

10 minutes ago, AltonicKeys said:

“Nice to meet you, Larry. You’re an imperial stormtrooper? From Star Wars? A lot of strange things have happened to me in the past few weeks, but this may be the strangest. At least there’ll be someone who can accept my technology level.” 
SIMON speaks through the communicator. “Hello! I’m SIMON, Nick’s suit AI. He’s able to talk to you now, though, so you don’t really need me.” 

The IISC stands for Interstellar Intelligent Species Council, and is pronounced like Issac. Even if they are from the same world, Larry is from a long time ago in a galaxy far far away. Nick, on the other hand, has watched Star Wars movies, because he’s from future Earth’s interstellar society (unless you want to veto the existence of Star Wars. Which is fine.) 

Just now, Dragonheir said:

“Nice to meet you, Larry. You’re an imperial stormtrooper? From Star Wars? A lot of strange things have happened to me in the past few weeks, but this may be the strangest. At least there’ll be someone who can accept my technology level.” 
SIMON speaks through the communicator. “Hello! I’m SIMON, Nick’s suit AI. He’s able to talk to you now, though, so you don’t really need me.” 

"...Wait. You're both from the society of metal demons- Simons, I mean?"

37 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

"...Wait. You're both from the society of metal demons- Simons, I mean?"

“No, much stranger. My society has supposedly made up stories of his, or at least a society much like it. They’re considered some of the best movies of all time, even over a century later - people keep making up stories that take place in their universe.” Nick looks baffled. “How someone from a fictional world can be here, I have no idea. It is closer to my world than yours. People travel between the stars, meeting creatures from planets around them, and there are metal people built to assist others, at least if this is really the world of Star Wars.” 

5 minutes ago, Dragonheir said:

“No, much stranger. My society has supposedly made up stories of his, or at least a society much like it. They’re considered some of the best movies of all time, even over a century later - people keep making up stories that take place in their universe.” Nick looks baffled. “How someone from a fictional world can be here, I have no idea. It is closer to my world than yours. People travel between the stars, meeting creatures from planets around them, and there are metal people built to assist others, at least if this is really the world of Star Wars.” 

"That is... weird."

"Why are the Stars . . . fighting?"

4 hours ago, Dragonheir said:

"Acknowledged." Standing up, Larry disconnects SIMON, seeing as how he doesn't need it. He turns to Nick. "I don't really understand what those questions mean, but I suppose 'imperial storm-trooper' fits."

3 hours ago, Dragonheir said:

He does not comment, but instead looks towards the slumbering form down the tunnel. "So we can just leave?"

You can keep Star Wars in, because I think that's hilarious. I'm just never going to mention anything actually in it by name, but keep him as close to a stormtrooper as possible.

Edited by AltonicKeys