Teleportation : A mystery/chaotic RP

1 hour ago, Dragonheir said:

“Ok…” Nick sits down to manage his various projects. The backup of SIMON is going fine, but the lightsaber and moon crystals need more management.

@The Stormfather, apparently Sleeper is going off into the tunnel. 

@Ancient Elantrian, do you think an electric signal with intent could operate the crystal? 

Sorry, I’ve been inactive a while.

Sleeper is @TheRavenHasLanded, correct?

if so, you find a long winding tunnel that leads into a large cavern filled with huge amethyst crystals.

the crystals glow faintly.

Just now, The Stormfather said:

if so, you find a long winding tunnel that leads into a large cavern filled with huge amethyst crystals.

"OI! THERES SOME FANCY CRYSTALS WANT ME TO BRING ONE?"

1 hour ago, AltonicKeys said:

"Interesting." This sounds like something Larry has heard of before, but he doesn't say anything.

Stopping in his tracks, Larry turned around. "10? Are you only ten years old, and already killing things? Huh. It sounds like your civilization hasn't been reached by us yet. Try to get communications out, perhaps we can help you."

"Through solid stone, I'm not very confident. If I were a higher rank, I'd have better radio equipment, but mine may only work for around 20 meters., if that's through the stone."

“I’ll give you some more humane and efficient galactic domination strategies later.” 

43 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

"OI! THERES SOME FANCY CRYSTALS WANT ME TO BRING ONE?"

“Let me see them first! They might be dangerous to remove! Or be ruined by it!” Nick jogs through the tunnel, holding the biofabric-wrapped lightsaber in his hand. 

46 minutes ago, The Stormfather said:

“Whoa.” 

1 hour ago, The Stormfather said:

"Nice." Aki said as they walked through. "Like wisteria."

11 hours ago, J. Magi said:

"Nice." Aki said as they walked through. "Like wisteria."

“Wisteria?” 

Nick bends down to examine the crystals, careful not to touch them until he’s sure they’re not fragile, explosive, or electrified. He compares them to the crystalline organisms of a planet he learned about in school, which froze and melted water to move; the magical crystals given to him by Kaleb, and any other pattern he can find. “SIMON, what do you think these are? Are there any brightness fluctuations? Does the light actually match amethyst?” 
@The Stormfather, can Nick figure out what the crystals are, why they’re glowing, or what would happen if he touched or moved them? 

“Wisteria?” 

Nick bends down to examine the crystals, careful not to touch them until he’s sure they’re not fragile, explosive, or electrified. He compares them to the crystalline organisms of a planet he learned about in school, which froze and melted water to move; the magical crystals given to him by Kaleb, and any other pattern he can find. “SIMON, what do you think these are? Are there any brightness fluctuations? Does the light actually match amethyst?” 
@The Stormfather, can Nick figure out what the crystals are, why they’re glowing, or what would happen if he touched or moved them? 

Nick can figure out that something is slightly off in the crystal structure so it's actually not Amethyst, but something similar. Also, the best guess you have for the luminosity is some kind of luminous fungi thats invisible but produces light, something that you've heard stories of before, most likely. (I mean, a lot of planets would probably have stories about glowing fungi, whether in fantasy and the mushrooms are magic or in sci-fi and the mushrooms are magi- science.)

2 hours ago, Dragonheir said:

“Wisteria?” 

"Oh, yeah they're flowers. The color is just similar, that's all."

3 hours ago, Dragonheir said:

“Wisteria?” 

"fancy shiny things is all i see. i cant murder it, so thats kinda a problem..."

23 hours ago, Dragonheir said:

“The Death Star was a spaceship the size of a moon that had a really really big laser on it. It was used once, annihilating a planet, then blown up surprisingly easily. That was the first Star Wars movie, although not the earliest chronologically. You should try to stop it from being built. It was a colossal waste of resources and lives, and there are much better ways to conquer the galaxy. Why you’d need the whole thing, I have no idea.” 

Nick was talking to Larry. He did ask you some questions, though. 

“Hi? I’m Nick Bryer. Something has been teleporting people around, I assume that’s why you’re here.” Nick is a tall-ish young man wearing a skintight black suit with large folded wings on his back. 

I was responding to said question.

And talking about the death star

At the same time

What's happening?

9 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

I was responding to said question.

And talking about the death star

At the same time

What's happening?

Oh. I thought Kaleb didn’t know of the Death Star (which is true, but that wasn’t what you were saying) 

3 hours ago, The Stormfather said:

Nick can figure out that something is slightly off in the crystal structure so it's actually not Amethyst, but something similar. Also, the best guess you have for the luminosity is some kind of luminous fungi thats invisible but produces light, something that you've heard stories of before, most likely. (I mean, a lot of planets would probably have stories about glowing fungi, whether in fantasy and the mushrooms are magic or in sci-fi and the mushrooms are magi- science.)

2 hours ago, J. Magi said:

"Oh, yeah they're flowers. The color is just similar, that's all."

“Yeah, I think these are alive too. Don’t know why they’re glowing; things don’t glow for no reason. Either they’re artificial, they’re communicating, or they’re trying to repel predators or attract predators of the predators.” 

2 hours ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

"fancy shiny things is all i see. i cant murder it, so thats kinda a problem..."

“I think it’s a fungus, so you could murder it, but that wouldn’t help us in any way. We should probably just leave them here; we have a couple actually infinite power sources already.” 

3 minutes ago, Dragonheir said:

“Yeah, I think these are alive too. Don’t know why they’re glowing; things don’t glow for no reason. Either they’re artificial, they’re communicating, or they’re trying to repel predators or attract predators of the predators.” 

“I think it’s a fungus, so you could murder it, but that wouldn’t help us in any way. We should probably just leave them here; we have a couple actually infinite power sources already.” 

"Maybe they're little demons! I could exorcise them!"

16 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

"Maybe they're little demons! I could exorcise them!"

“Sure, why not… do a small one first, though.” Nick sits down again to continue his projects. 

4 hours ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

"if they are, i will kill you for killing one of my friends..."

@Ancient Elantrian
“Whoa whoa whoa. Nobody’s killing anybody. I can and will sedate both of you. His exorcism moves ‘sun demons’ from one object or person to another. I’ve been using the side effect of heat draining to reverse entropy.” Nick pauses. “Although actually, it almost killed me… took out my electricity and shut down the air circulation in my suit. The exorcism could seriously harm whatever these crystals are, but only if they’re not demons. Describe the demons from your world; I find it strange that you’re more considerate of their lives than of your own, or fellow humans.” 

@Ancient Elantrian
“Whoa whoa whoa. Nobody’s killing anybody. I can and will sedate both of you. His exorcism moves ‘sun demons’ from one object or person to another. I’ve been using the side effect of heat draining to reverse entropy.” Nick pauses. “Although actually, it almost killed me… took out my electricity and shut down the air circulation in my suit. The exorcism could seriously harm whatever these crystals are, but only if they’re not demons. Describe the demons from your world; I find it strange that you’re more considerate of their lives than of your own, or fellow humans.” 

"demons have done the least amount of crappy stuff to me. they red and have horns."

@Ancient Elantrian

Kaleb knelt, then carefully performed an exorcism to draw the demon out of one of them.

@The Stormfather what happens?

1 minute ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

"demons have done the least amount of crappy stuff to me. they red and have horns."

"You have strange demons."

42 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

“Sounds like my culture’s idea of generic demons. What’s the name of your planet?” 

40 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

Kaleb knelt, then carefully performed an exorcism to draw the demon out of one of them.

@The Stormfather what happens?

"You have strange demons."

“You should see the religions of the 12; some of the species have completely different mindsets than humans.” 

Edited by Dragonheir
My current canon apparently only has 12 species, not 13.

1 minute ago, Dragonheir said:

“Sounds like my culture’s idea of generic demons. What’s the name of your planet?” 

“You should see the religions of the 13; some of the species have completely different mindsets than humans.” 

"... species? Thinking... what?"

21 minutes ago, Dragonheir said:

“You should see the religions of the 13; some of the species have completely different mindsets than humans.” 

"Never learned"

6 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

"... species? Thinking... what?"

“There are thirteen known species in the domain of the Interstellar Intelligent Species Council that are capable of forming a society, and thus are able to be accepted into the Council. One is humans, like me, and, I assume, you. How a planet dropped off the map, I have no idea. Although the existence of Larry throws a wrench into my idea of us being in the same universe.” Nick shrugs. “Anyway, humans, then a species that declared war on us for some reason; two species from the same planet, one from on land and another - these guys are a lot like cephalopods - from under water, they had trading and “hybrid cities” on coastlines; the Vvondin - they’re the most technologically advanced from before we made contact - are eusocial like ants and bees; a species locked in a pretty meaningless war with itself - we’re trying to establish a treaty before we let either side join the IISC; some species I can’t remember; the quantum AI - they’re extremely advanced versions of SIMON - mostly keep to themselves; another species I can’t remember; the Ferrians - which are probably the strangest species - are swarms of magnetic segments that my dad discovered; and then the Sapeiodrakes, which my wings here are patterned off of. A couple years ago - before the sapeiodrake thing - I memorized them all for school, but I’ve forgotten most of it and SIMON’s memory is corrupted.” 

Checked my notes, turns out it’s only 12. Also, as you may have guessed, things nobody can remember haven’t been decided on yet. 

4 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

"Never learned"

“Wow, your world really is dystopian, isn’t it.” 

26 minutes ago, Dragonheir said:

“There are thirteen known species in the domain of the Interstellar Intelligent Species Council that are capable of forming a society, and thus are able to be accepted into the Council. One is humans, like me, and, I assume, you. How a planet dropped off the map, I have no idea. Although the existence of Larry throws a wrench into my idea of us being in the same universe.” Nick shrugs. “Anyway, humans, then a species that declared war on us for some reason; two species from the same planet, one from on land and another - these guys are a lot like cephalopods - from under water, they had trading and “hybrid cities” on coastlines; the Vvondin - they’re the most technologically advanced from before we made contact - are eusocial like ants and bees; a species locked in a pretty meaningless war with itself - we’re trying to establish a treaty before we let either side join the IISC; some species I can’t remember; the quantum AI - they’re extremely advanced versions of SIMON - mostly keep to themselves; another species I can’t remember; the Ferrians - which are probably the strangest species - are swarms of magnetic segments that my dad discovered; and then the Sapeiodrakes, which my wings here are patterned off of. A couple years ago - before the sapeiodrake thing - I memorized them all for school, but I’ve forgotten most of it and SIMON’s memory is corrupted.” 

“Wow, your world really is dystopian, isn’t it.” 

"you have no idea, buddy..."

5 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

"you have no idea, buddy..."

“I’m trying to change that. The first stage of my energy harvesting plan is done. I took some bacteria that are supposed to live on an extremely hot planet, so the blade’s temperature is quite good for their growth; that planet’s other life can’t live at anything close to room temperature, but these bacteria go dormant instead. Then, I’ll need to have something convert the bacteria into earth-compatible nutrients or precursors for them. Finally, I’ll need to finish processing the result; biomolecules typically aren’t good for anything that uses a different set - they’re typically close but not quite compatible, so they hijack the pathways, shutting them down.” 

Anybody want me to tone down the length of Nick’s explanations? Does anyone actually read them? 

“I’m trying to change that. The first stage of my energy harvesting plan is done. I took some bacteria that are supposed to live on an extremely hot planet, so the blade’s temperature is quite good for their growth; that planet’s other life can’t live at anything close to room temperature, but these bacteria go dormant instead. Then, I’ll need to have something convert the bacteria into earth-compatible nutrients or precursors for them. Finally, I’ll need to finish processing the result; biomolecules typically aren’t good for anything that uses a different set - they’re typically close but not quite compatible, so they hijack the pathways, shutting them down.” 

i read them, but it goes straight over Sleeper's head.

"uh, interesting..."