Teleportation : A mystery/chaotic RP

8 hours ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

"uh, interesting..."

“Let’s rephrase that; so far, the blade grows a plant that likes heat. We use something similar for our reentry shielding - I’m glad I had a sample with me.”

Good to know. Does anyone else feel like I’m writing more than I need to? 

Nick’s suit has started to change colors; the black turning to dark shades of blue, green, and yellow, visibly separated from each other. He addresses the whole group. ( @Ancient Elantrian @AltonicKeys @J. Magi and @TheRavenHasLanded ) “Three out of five of my projects are done now. Does anyone want me to make them something? It’ll take me a few days to get actual xenosuits for you all - the stupid anti replication safeguards are forcing me to sequence and construct the genome by hand - but I can make pretty much anything else.” 

I’m trying to stop Nick from being way stronger than everyone else; I felt like he trivialized that battle with the werewolf-thing. 
Unrelated to that, Elan, what would happen if SIMON sent an electrical signal to the crystal? Could that activate it with intent? 

Edited by Dragonheir
Grr autocorrect

3 hours ago, Dragonheir said:

“Let’s rephrase that; so far, the blade grows a plant that likes heat. We use something similar for our reentry shielding - I’m glad I had a sample with me.”

Nick’s suit has started to change colors; the black turning to dark shades of blue, green, and yellow, visibly separated from each other. He addresses the whole group. ( @Ancient Elantrian @AltonicKeys @J. Magi and @TheRavenHasLanded ) “Three out of five of my projects are done now. Does anyone want me to make them something? It’ll take me a few days to get actual xenosuits for you all - the stupid anti replication safeguards are forcing me to sequence and construct the genome by hand - but I can make pretty much anything else.” 

Uh... maybe?

"I don't want a demonsuit. I like my Elkskin, it's a gift from the moon."

3 hours ago, Dragonheir said:

"a snack would be nice. maybe a soul similar to hitler or mussolini?"

4 hours ago, Dragonheir said:

1 hour ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

"I would also prefer not to wear one . . . My armor will do just fine."

I don't mind the length, but I think it would really help if you added more paragraph breaks, and breaks for new lines of dialouge

4 hours ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

2 hours ago, J. Magi said:

"I would also prefer not to wear one . . . My armor will do just fine."

“I’m trying to help you guys. We’re going to end up somewhere you can’t survive, and it’ll be my fault if I can’t save you.” 

Elan: I think I’ll make it so it doesn’t work, just so I don’t steal half your abilities. This is more fun when we can’t all do the same thing, I think. 
J. Magi: good idea with the paragraph breaks. What do you mean by breaks for dialogue? 

3 hours ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

"a snack would be nice. maybe a soul similar to hitler or mussolini?"

“…” Nick looks at you oddly. “…how would I even do that?”

12 minutes ago, Dragonheir said:

“I’m trying to help you guys. We’re going to end up somewhere you can’t survive, and it’ll be my fault if I can’t save you.” 

"I forget that some people arent able to bring up souls... dang it, thats a pain. just any snack would suffice then."

1 minute ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

"I forget that some people arent able to bring up souls... dang it, thats a pain. just any snack would suffice then."

“So you gain sustenance from consuming souls?” Nick’s eyes are wide. “Here, I’ll start with the snack, you can tell me more later. Are you good with me IVing it to you, or would you prefer me to grow a container for it?” 

Is it all the same Sleeper, or are different RPs different canons that start the same? 

5 minutes ago, Dragonheir said:

“So you gain sustenance from consuming souls?” Nick’s eyes are wide. “Here, I’ll start with the snack, you can tell me more later. Are you good with me IVing it to you, or would you prefer me to grow a container for it?” 

different rps are different canons, although he does at times randomly remember stuff when its funny. 

"Just the ones that have been sufficiently tortured. I'm a gateway to paradise."

22 minutes ago, Dragonheir said:

"It won't be your fault if I'm the one refused the suit in the first place, and besides that's assuming I can't handle myself, which is insulting." Aki said flatly.

Starting a new paragraph can happen whenever you need it too, but with these posts, adding breaks between dialouge and action can help them easier to skim.

For example, this is grammatically correct:

"I am doing things," Bob explained as he began to do the thing, "It's not very hard." He went about doing the thing. He was very good at doing the thing, and his skill was apparent. The others wondered how he did the thing. "It's easy to do and I think you can do it, allow me to explain how it works. Explain explain explain explain explain explain explain."

Buuuut, this is easier to read quickly:

"I am doing things," Bob explained as he began to do the thing, "It's not very hard."

He went about doing the thing. He was very good at doing the thing, and his skill was apparent. The others wondered how he did the thing.

"It's easy to do and I think you can do it, allow me to explain how it works. Explain explain explain explain explain explain explain."

So, I'm not saying to break in the middle of dialogue, but to break between ideas and actions. Space things out a bit. Idk.

9 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

aw poor sleeper he misses his best buddy Penn

38 minutes ago, Dragonheir said:

“I’m quite resilient. You haven’t seen anything yet.”

2 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

"Just the ones that have been sufficiently tortured. I'm a gateway to paradise."

“Here, give me your arm.” Nick’s pointer finger has a needle like structure on it. “Is that a common thing on your world? How do you know when you’re given a soul?” 

1 minute ago, J. Magi said:

"It won't be your fault if I'm the one refused the suit in the first place, and besides that's assuming I can't handle myself, which is insulting." Aki said flatly.

1 minute ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

“I’m quite resilient. You haven’t seen anything yet.”

Nick grits his teeth. “I’m not saying that there’ll be monsters, or you’ll need to do some swimming. I’m saying that we’ll eventually end up somewhere hot enough to ignite your skin, or cold enough to turn your blood to ice, or there just won’t be any air, or it’ll be raining acid, or you’ll be crushed by your own bodyweight, or any number of other things nobody can survive on their own.” 
He makes a conscious effort to calm down, letting out a breath. “Almost all of everything is empty space, with essentially no air, light, or heat. Even if we’re limited to planets, and won’t be floating in space or dropped into a star, for every one planet with life, there are hundreds more without it.” 
He slowly gets louder and more frustrated as he talks. “No life means no oxygen. No oxygen means no breathing.” 
Nick draws his finger across his throat.
“For every one of those with the right temperature - the ones that might have water - the ones that could have been forests and oceans and grasslands - there are ten planets too far from the sun, or too close. Those are either balls of ice or so scorching that our blood would boil. If we had some air, maybe the moon crystals could protect us. Maybe we could survive.” 
Nick pauses and looks both of you in the eyes. “But! For every one of those planets, you get ten that don’t even have ground. All gas - and these are massive. We show up on one of those, and we fall. And fall. And fall. They have small rocky cores, but before we even got there, we’d be dead because we’d be moving too fast, or we can’t breathe, or it’s the wrong temperature, or the winds of storms several times the size of most rocky planets turn us to shreds. Even if we show up on the core, and it’s somehow oxygen at the right temperature, the planet is so big, and there’d be so much air above us, that we’d just be smashed flat.” 
Nick claps parallel to the ground, demonstrating the point. “I’m surprised you’re still alive after three. All of you have no idea how dangerous this is. You don’t have any way to know.” 

Ending his rant, he sits on the floor. ”If any of you die, it’ll be because I didn’t convince you. I’ll all be my fault.” 

Wow. I did space that out like you suggested, but that’s still a long post. 
Also, I think I understand Nick’s character better now, so that’s fun. 

7 minutes ago, Dragonheir said:

“Here, give me your arm.” Nick’s pointer finger has a needle like structure on it. “Is that a common thing on your world? How do you know when you’re given a soul?” 

Nick grits his teeth. “I’m not saying that there’ll be monsters, or you’ll need to do some swimming. I’m saying that we’ll eventually end up somewhere hot enough to ignite your skin, or cold enough to turn your blood to ice, or there just won’t be any air, or it’ll be raining acid, or you’ll be crushed by your own bodyweight, or any number of other things nobody can survive on their own.” 
He makes a conscious effort to calm down, letting out a breath. “Almost all of everything is empty space, with essentially no air, light, or heat. Even if we’re limited to planets, and won’t be floating in space or dropped into a star, for every one planet with life, there are hundreds more without it.” 
He slowly gets louder and more frustrated as he talks. “No life means no oxygen. No oxygen means no breathing.” 
Nick draws his finger across his throat.
“For every one of those with the right temperature - the ones that might have water - the ones that could have been forests and oceans and grasslands - there are ten planets too far from the sun, or too close. Those are either balls of ice or so scorching that our blood would boil. If we had some air, maybe the moon crystals could protect us. Maybe we could survive.” 
Nick pauses and looks both of you in the eyes. “But! For every one of those planets, you get ten that don’t even have ground. All gas - and these are massive. We show up on one of those, and we fall. And fall. And fall. They have small rocky cores, but before we even got there, we’d be dead because we’d be moving too fast, or we can’t breathe, or it’s the wrong temperature, or the winds of storms several times the size of most rocky planets turn us to shreds. Even if we show up on the core, and it’s somehow oxygen at the right temperature, the planet is so big, and there’d be so much air above us, that we’d just be smashed flat.” 
Nick claps parallel to the ground, demonstrating the point. “I’m surprised you’re still alive after three. All of you have no idea how dangerous this is. You don’t have any way to know.” 

Ending his rant, he sits on the floor. ”If any of you die, it’ll be because I didn’t convince you. I’ll all be my fault.” 

"I mean, at this point i could make a deal with the devil to keep me alive..."

8 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

"I mean, at this point i could make a deal with the devil to keep me alive..."

Sure. Sell your soul instead of wearing some clothes. That makes so much sense.” 

also, that's a win in my book.

2 minutes ago, Dragonheir said:

Sure. Sell your soul instead of wearing some clothes. That makes so much sense.” 

"it wouldnt be the worst thing in the world at this point. im already going there. the amount of people i've killed is a little ridiculous..."

also, that's a win in my book.

My discovery writing success? Or selling your soul rather than wearing some fancy clothes one of the three people you will have contact with for the foreseeable future will give you for free. 

Just now, Dragonheir said:

the character stuff. 

and if you are wondering, what he would gain: demon skin, enhanced reflexes, and the actual ability to pull up souls on his own. oh, and he gets to revive himself, so long as someone else helps him with it.

4 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

and if you are wondering, what he would gain: demon skin, enhanced reflexes, and the actual ability to pull up souls on his own. oh, and he gets to revive himself, so long as someone else helps him with it.

Hmm. What would happen to his soul in exchange? 

nothing that hasn't really happened to it already. the deal goes down, and even the devil is surprised when he looks at sleeper's soul. oh yeah, he'll be tied to hell too. he gets a lot of fun things.

Even if Sleeper is willing to do that, the xenosuit can’t hurt, can it? And it would either make his society either a utopia or much much worse. You know those “stupid safeguards” Nick is trying to disable? They’re to prevent a grey goo scenario. 

Just now, Dragonheir said:

I mean, it cant hurt, but it would make him ridiculously overpowered. although I am planning to have half his body torn from him, and that turns into a half human-robot combination thing. the xenosuit would likely screw that over. and I have a question, wdym by grey goo scenario?

Just now, TheRavenHasLanded said:

I mean, it cant hurt, but it would make him ridiculously overpowered. although I am planning to have half his body torn from him, and that turns into a half human-robot combination thing. the xenosuit would likely screw that over. and I have a question, wdym by grey goo scenario?

A grey goo scenario is when some form of biotech or advanced robotics that can self replicate gets loose and begins copying itself continuously, ignoring its creators. Depending on what it is, it could be better at replicating than earth life, and thus act as an invasive species of epic proportions, crowding out everything on the planet and perhaps even consuming the very earth for raw materials.
Even if it’s not significantly better at replicating, it will still be an invasive species that is probably poisonous to all earth life and, in the case of the xenosuits and most theoretical nanotech, can adapt itself to any situation or environment in real time. 
It’s a real concern with a lot of theoretical technologies, especially Von Neumann Machines, and happened once in Nick’s world. An entire planet was covered by xenosuit fabric and became its own ecosystem, with different configurations of xenosuit material reprogramming themselves and each other.
There’s currently a bunch of guards stranded (on purpose, to ensure that their hyperdrive isn’t captured) around it, making sure that if the rogue technology gets off the planet, they can take it down. I may write a story about it some time.