Teleportation : A mystery/chaotic RP

33 minutes ago, Dragonheir said:

Nick waves everyone onwards. “We should go see if the people down there can help us.” 

I will point out, it'll take about half an hour to get down. (The mountains really not that big. It just seemed like you were super high up because of the fog, so you couldn't see the ground down below.)

1 hour ago, The Stormfather said:

HALF AN HOUR?!
That's like a week in RP time!

Spoiler

Unless we use the montage superpower...

1 hour ago, Dragonheir said:

Nick waves everyone onwards. “We should go see if the people down there can help us.” 

"Agreed." Kaleb says, walking alongside Nick.

7 hours ago, AltonicKeys said:

If none of us want to dialogue on a mountain for a week, can we agree to time skip? i vote yay

I think we should have a short period of dialogue, or at least a summary, so our characters can have some more information about each other. (In my opinion at least, the misunderstandings are rather fun.) 

2 hours ago, AltonicKeys said:

Larry slows his walk to let the others catch up to him. "So no playing god? Just asking for directions?"

“I was thinking we could try to trade for raw materials.” Nick walks along with everyone else. 

As he walks, he tries to do at least some talking: 

@J. Magi “Aki, I don’t think I ever asked where you’re from.” 

8 minutes ago, Dragonheir said:

“I was thinking we could try to trade for raw materials.” Nick walks along with everyone else. 

As he walks, he tries to do at least some talking: 

@J. Magi “Aki, I don’t think I ever asked where you’re from.” 

"Nippon."

Spoiler

*the native word for Japan used during his period

Just now, Dragonheir said:

“I haven’t heard of it. What’s it like there?” 

"It's like . . . a pretty big island, so there's a lot of good sea food." Aki loves sea food. "I grew up in a sea-side village."

He though for a moment.

"There's also pretty big mountains, and it's pretty cold in the winter. I've always avoided living deep in the mountains because the snow gets too high for me. Lots of farms. Some bonkers rich people which I suppose are better then the evil rich people we had before. The politicians say we're behind on technology because we isolated for so long, I've no idea if that's true or not though. I've never been to the west."

30 minutes ago, J. Magi said:

"It's like . . . a pretty big island, so there's a lot of good sea food." Aki loves sea food. "I grew up in a sea-side village."

He though for a moment.

"There's also pretty big mountains, and it's pretty cold in the winter. I've always avoided living deep in the mountains because the snow gets too high for me. Lots of farms. Some bonkers rich people which I suppose are better than the evil rich people we had before. The politicians say we're behind on technology because we isolated for so long, I've no idea if that's true or not though. I've never been to the west."

“Sounds like a pretty nice place,” Nick says, sincerely. “Do you know what your whole planet is called? List as many names for it as possible.” 

I’m very slowly creating a character for your new RP.

37 minutes ago, Dragonheir said:

“Sounds like a pretty nice place,” Nick says, sincerely. “Do you know what your whole planet is called? List as many names for it as possible.” 

nice

not gonna try and do japanese words because I'm tired

"Uhh, the earth? Land?"

35 minutes ago, J. Magi said:

"Uhh, the earth? Land?"

"Either that's a translation error, or you're from my world. The planet humans came from is called Earth, or sometimes Terra. So that's odd." Nick has apparently gotten confident enough in his new body to walk backward in front of you. "I wonder how this translation thing works, anyway. We really shouldn't all be speaking the same language." 

Just now, Dragonheir said:

"Either that's a translation error, or you're from my world. The planet humans came from is called Earth, or sometimes Terra. So that's odd." Nick has apparently gotten confident enough in his new body to walk backward in front of you. "I wonder how this translation thing works, anyway. We really shouldn't all be speaking the same language." 

"That's true . . . but would it be too much to assume that the native people of most planets would refer to their home planet as earth? Where I come from, planets were considered little more the stars. Bright lights that could only be seen, not visited. It seems like common sense to just call it earth if there's only one considered a 'place.'"

9 minutes ago, J. Magi said:

"That's true . . . but would it be too much to assume that the native people of most planets would refer to their home planet as earth? Where I come from, planets were considered little more the stars. Bright lights that could only be seen, not visited. It seems like common sense to just call it earth if there's only one considered a 'place.'"

“True… whatever’s translating this may decide to call the human homeland earth - the word for ground and the word for this planet can be the same until you begin traveling between the stars.” Nick turns back around, then spins back, excited. @Ancient Elantrian “Hey Kaleb. What are the names you call your planet?” 

This is probably my last post for tonight, and I’m camping tomorrow so I’ll be pretty quiet then too. 

45 minutes ago, Dragonheir said:

“True… whatever’s translating this may decide to call the human homeland earth - the word for ground and the word for this planet can be the same until you begin traveling between the stars.” Nick turns back around, then spins back, excited. @Ancient Elantrian “Hey Kaleb. What are the names you call your planet?” 

"Uh... earth? But not your earth. It... in my language it would be Jord, the world would, yeah."

Edited by Ancient Elantrian

2 hours ago, Dragonheir said:

2 hours ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

"Uh... earth? But not your earth. It... in my language it would be Jord, the world would, yeah."

"Huh, nice."

8 hours ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

"And you live on Earth, but most people earth. Not my special earth. Yes?"

8 hours ago, J. Magi said:

". . .  sure."

Nick shrugs. “So what we call it doesn’t mean anything, and neither of Aki nor I know enough about Earth to figure of if it’s the same or not.” Nick continues walking down the trail, focusing on managing his projects. 

3 hours ago, Dragonheir said:

Nick shrugs. “So what we call it doesn’t mean anything, and neither of Aki nor I know enough about Earth to figure of if it’s the same or not.” Nick continues walking down the trail, focusing on managing his projects. 

“You could compare geography. Maps. Coastlines.”