Teleportation : A mystery/chaotic RP

11 hours ago, Dragonheir said:

Nick shrugs. “So what we call it doesn’t mean anything, and neither of Aki nor I know enough about Earth to figure of if it’s the same or not.” Nick continues walking down the trail, focusing on managing his projects. 

4 hours ago, Dragonheir said:

“I don’t actually know what earth looks like. I’ve never been.” 

"How can you never have been if it's your home world?"

2 hours ago, J. Magi said:

"How can you never have been if it's your home world?"

“We travel between the stars. Earth is close to the center of the IISC and my dad and I follow the edge - it’s his job to study alien creatures that are discovered. Going to earth would be multiple years of travel, even with our warp drives. I do want to see it some time. Maybe if our ships get faster…” 

2 hours ago, Dragonheir said:

“We travel between the stars. Earth is close to the center of the IISC and my dad and I follow the edge - it’s his job to study alien creatures that are discovered. Going to earth would be multiple years of travel, even with our warp drives. I do want to see it some time. Maybe if our ships get faster…” 

"I see . . . so you did travel between planets before this."

14 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

“Exciting. I was restricted to a city.”

“It was exciting, I suppose. But when you see a new planet every three months, wonder and newness starts to feel mundane. Now that I think about it, that’s not a very good mindset to have.” Nick jumps over a switchback, spreading his wings and ending up around twenty feet below the others, completing a minute or two of walking in seconds. 

11 minutes ago, Dragonheir said:

“It was exciting, I suppose. But when you see a new planet every three months, wonder and newness starts to feel mundane. Now that I think about it, that’s not a very good mindset to have.” Nick jumps over a switchback, spreading his wings and ending up around twenty feet below the others, completing a minute or two of walking in seconds. 

Larry shrugs as Nick glides down. "He's right, being stationed in outer space most of the time isn't much fun either. It's like being in the same house or town, except nothing ever changes. There's no sky, no weather." He glances around, and remembers his superiors aren't around to monitor his behavior. "Nothing to look forward to except your breaks. Especially when you're in a patrol team, you start to wonder if life on the ground would be more exciting."

1 hour ago, Dragonheir said:

1 hour ago, AltonicKeys said:

Larry shrugs as Nick glides down. "He's right, being stationed in outer space most of the time isn't much fun either. It's like being in the same house or town, except nothing ever changes. There's no sky, no weather." He glances around, and remembers his superiors aren't around to monitor his behavior. "Nothing to look forward to except your breaks. Especially when you're in a patrol team, you start to wonder if life on the ground would be more exciting."

“Pretty exciting on the ground. You get to walk. And risk dying by any number of things.”

Just now, Ancient Elantrian said:

“Pretty exciting on the ground. You get to walk. And risk dying by any number of things.”

“Yeah. For quite a while, I didn’t get more than a glimpse of the new planets outside.” He chuckles. “One time, I actually hacked myself permission to use a xenosuit so I could go out and explore on my own. I don’t know what I was thinking; I almost died so many times.” 

As you walk down the mountain, you hear a loud cawing from above you, and can spot a pair of large eagles (Golden eagles, they exist) that seem big enough to take down a small child. (And they do. At least, to deer.) The two of they caw at each other and begin diving at you.

@Dragonheir @Ancient Elantrian @AltonicKeys @J. Magi

1 hour ago, The Stormfather said:

As you walk down the mountain, you hear a loud cawing from above you, and can spot a pair of large eagles (Golden eagles, they exist) that seem big enough to take down a small child. (And they do. At least, to deer.) The two of they caw at each other and begin diving at you.

Nick, at the bottom of the switchback, jumps into the air. Water falls from his wings, giving him lift, then little flares of light appear at the edges of the wing struts, jetting him forward. Then, he swoops over to the switchback, landing with the rest of the group. “Nobody get carried off. We should be able to simply scare these things away.” 

30 minutes ago, Dragonheir said:

Nick, at the bottom of the switchback, jumps into the air. Water falls from his wings, giving him lift, then little flares of light appear at the edges of the wing struts, jetting him forward. Then, he swoops over to the switchback, landing with the rest of the group. “Nobody get carried off. We should be able to simply scare these things away.” 

Kaleb looks up at the birds respectfully. "I don't know how much they'll actually do to us. It feels like they might just be trying to scare us away."

13 hours ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

Kaleb looks up at the birds respectfully. "I don't know how much they'll actually do to us. It feels like they might just be trying to scare us away."

Nick follows his gaze. “They might be smart enough for that; Avians are more likely to be sapient. I suppose we should just keep walking, and just pay attention.” 

1 hour ago, Dragonheir said:

Nick follows his gaze. “They might be smart enough for that; Avians are more likely to be sapient. I suppose we should just keep walking, and just pay attention.” 

Kaleb nodded, keeping his eyes on the birds cautiously but not taking any moves that are too threatening.

20 hours ago, The Stormfather said:

18 hours ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

Aki glanced up at them.

"I could totally take them . . . but alright."

5 hours ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

Kaleb nodded, keeping his eyes on the birds cautiously but not taking any moves that are too threatening.

The birds fly off out of view for a moment, but then come back. It looks as if each of them are carrying fist-sized rocks in their talons.

The birds fly off out of view for a moment, but then come back. It looks as if each of them are carrying fist-sized rocks in their talons.

Larry looks to Nick. "There is something very obvious that's about to happen. I will not be doing nothing against some birds." He unholsters his blaster and takes aim.

1 hour ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

“Yeah, that’s threatening…”

6 minutes ago, AltonicKeys said:

Larry looks to Nick. "There is something very obvious that's about to happen. I will not be doing nothing against some birds." He unholsters his blaster and takes aim.

“Our lives are more valuable than some semi-sapient birds. Don’t kill them if they’re leaving, though.” Nick looks around for weapons and comes up with a rock. If only he’d had more time to synthesize hydrogen. 

52 minutes ago, Dragonheir said:

“Our lives are more valuable than some semi-sapient birds. Don’t kill them if they’re leaving, though.” Nick looks around for weapons and comes up with a rock. If only he’d had more time to synthesize hydrogen. 

The eagles caw and fly above you, dropping the rocks. The rocks take a few seconds to fall, and are dropped with surprising accuracy.

10 minutes ago, The Stormfather said:

The eagles caw and fly above you, dropping the rocks. The rocks take a few seconds to fall, and are dropped with surprising accuracy.

“Scatter!” calls Nick, hoping to prevent anyone from getting hit. He waits a little longer than he probably should, hoping to catch any rocks in case they don’t get out fast enough. 

A rock hits his shoulder guard as he tries to sidestep it. Blaster sights still trained on the birds, he fires a couple of shots at the bird that hit him.

5 hours ago, The Stormfather said:

Kaleb steps aside as a rock clunks where he had been standing. He nodded. "Yep. Probably now would be a good time to kill the birds."