Teleportation : A mystery/chaotic RP

31 minutes ago, The Stormfather said:

"We have no space for refugees and costumed maniacs!" ONe guard shouts, gesturing at the oddly dressed (For them) Nick. 

"Forgive him." Another guard walks up along the wall. "I believe what he means is that the main keep is too full to have you in it. The Werthryn-day celebrations have brought hundreds into our gate. You can, however, go through the western gate into the lower wards, which is where you would find you market anyway." The guard nods to another a few dozen feet away, who nods and begins walking and waves you over.

Larry nods his thanks, and follows the guard to the market.

4 minutes ago, The Stormfather said:

Eventually he leads you to another large oaken gate, which is opened by a few guards on the other side. You look into a medieval market with many vendors shouting and trying to sell wares, and many buyers trying to haggle for a better price.

Larry turns to the group. "Is there anything specific that we need? Other than the obvious food and water that we haven't really had much of."

7 hours ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

WHAT

What? 

4 hours ago, J. Magi said:

"Thanks!"
Aki took his, and gingerly put them on his face. He'd never admit it, but he was sort of wary of this stuff.

It started up with a soft chirp, and then the AI's voice was projected into his head.

"Hello, I'm JAMES, your virtual assistant, how can help you."

"Um . . . hello." Aki replied, restraining himself from finding it creepy.

The JAMES (and OWEN) has human-like intelligence, can explain things well, and is good at determining people’s motives (so JAMES can tell that he seems frightening and would likely attempt to remedy that.). The three are networked, so Nick, Kaleb, and Aki can stay in contact with each other. I believe they can also call Larry’s communicator. 

1 hour ago, The Stormfather said:

Eventually he leads you to another large oaken gate, which is opened by a few guards on the other side. You look into a medieval market with many vendors shouting and trying to sell wares, and many buyers trying to haggle for a better price.

58 minutes ago, AltonicKeys said:

Larry turns to the group. "Is there anything specific that we need? Other than the obvious food and water that we haven't really had much of."

“I need a lot of water to fuel the wings. And any scraps they’ll give me would be helpful for making things. Do we actually have anything to barter with?” 

4 hours ago, The Stormfather said:

"We have no space for refugees and costumed maniacs!" ONe guard shouts, gesturing at the oddly dressed (For them) Nick. 

"Forgive him." Another guard walks up along the wall. "I believe what he means is that the main keep is too full to have you in it. The Werthryn-day celebrations have brought hundreds into our gate. You can, however, go through the western gate into the lower wards, which is where you would find you market anyway." The guard nods to another a few dozen feet away, who nods and begins walking and waves you over.

3 hours ago, The Stormfather said:

2 hours ago, Dragonheir said:

“I need a lot of water to fuel the wings. And any scraps they’ll give me would be helpful for making things. Do we actually have anything to barter with?” 

"I have a few more of those dry rations left . . . everything else I've got I'd like to keep a hold of."

He dug through his bag.

"Do you think these will be worth anything here?" He held up a handful of Yen coins, some gold and some silver.

4 hours ago, Dragonheir said:

1 hour ago, J. Magi said:

"I have a few more of those dry rations left . . . everything else I've got I'd like to keep a hold of."

He dug through his bag.

"Do you think these will be worth anything here?" He held up a handful of Yen coins, some gold and some silver.

"Dry rations? I'd prefer some real food. Like smoked fish. I don't do well on a diet of rocks. I don't know how much my stuff would be valued..."

"About four bags of grain, a decent amount." OWEN responds after a short moment of processing, "Two if you don't want to be going around naked."

"That would be preferable." Kaleb said, nodding. 

6 hours ago, Dragonheir said:

Larry dug through somewhere in his suit and came up with a stack of rectangular metal chips. "I got a few hundred credits on me. Doubt anyone will accept it though."

10 hours ago, J. Magi said:

He dug through his bag.

9 hours ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

"Dry rations? I'd prefer some real food. Like smoked fish. I don't do well on a diet of rocks. I don't know how much my stuff would be valued..."

"About four bags of grain, a decent amount." OWEN responds after a short moment of processing, "Two if you don't want to be going around naked."

7 hours ago, AltonicKeys said:

Larry dug through somewhere in his suit and came up with a stack of rectangular metal chips. "I got a few hundred credits on me. Doubt anyone will accept it though."

“The coins would probably work; gold is valuable pretty much everywhere. The credits almost certainly will not. I don’t really want to trade our things if we can trade something that doesn’t diminish us. Like knowledge or a job only we can do. We have access to tools and skills these people have never seen.” Nick glances around the market. “Honestly, we could probably get what we need for free; I could probably extract metal from slag and turn meat scraps to something edible. How about we split up - everyone but Sleeper has a way to call each other.” 

3 hours ago, Dragonheir said:

“The coins would probably work; gold is valuable pretty much everywhere. The credits almost certainly will not. I don’t really want to trade our things if we can trade something that doesn’t diminish us. Like knowledge or a job only we can do. We have access to tools and skills these people have never seen.” Nick glances around the market. “Honestly, we could probably get what we need for free; I could probably extract metal from slag and turn meat scraps to something edible. How about we split up - everyone but Sleeper has a way to call each other.” 

"Who goes with who?"

12 hours ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

Sleeper snorts. "I can get more than that with a little bit of bargaining"

take a wild guess as to his style of "bargaining"

@The Stormfather 

Does this work?

Name : Glinte

Time period : Medieval

Skills/powers : he’s a shade 

Spoiler

Shades: Have a branching, black pattern coating entire left forearm; like a plant.

Imprinting images into minds and creating shadows/travelling through shadows (It varies)

Starting supplies : a dark enveloping cloak with many weapons and poisons inside.

Homeworld : whatever the marked planet is called.

Edited by TwinSouls

13 hours ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

4 hours ago, Dragonheir said:

"Alright, I'll what I can get with my coins. Food will be my priority."

1 hour ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

Sleeper snorts. "I can get more than that with a little bit of bargaining"

"Why don't Sleeper and I go together," Aki suggested, wanting to keep an eye on the young one. He seemed the type to get himself into trouble.

26 minutes ago, J. Magi said:

"Alright, I'll what I can get with my coins. Food will be my priority."

"Why don't Sleeper and I go together," Aki suggested, wanting to keep an eye on the young one. He seemed the type to get himself into trouble.

“Agreed. I’ll go by myself and see if I can trade future technology for raw materials. I’ll call you guys when the suits are ready.” Nick stays put, waiting to see if there are any objections. 

2 minutes ago, Dragonheir said:

“Agreed. I’ll go by myself and see if I can trade future technology for raw materials. I’ll call you guys when the suits are ready.” Nick stays put, waiting to see if there are any objections. 

"I'll go.. do something."

Just now, Dragonheir said:

“See if you can get some information about where we are. Or you could go with either me or Larry.” 

Larry, meanwhile, approaches the nearest guard. "Who is the local authority here?" He tries to sound as friendly as possible, but the angry-looking helmet crushing his voice didn't really help with his image. "I'd like to talk to them about an intergalactic empire, and how you can join it."

5 hours ago, TwinSouls said:

Yup!

3 hours ago, AltonicKeys said:

Larry, meanwhile, approaches the nearest guard. "Who is the local authority here?" He tries to sound as friendly as possible, but the angry-looking helmet crushing his voice didn't really help with his image. "I'd like to talk to them about an intergalactic empire, and how you can join it."

"Empire? Ha! No empire 'round here but the Kystrians, and that's us!"

4 hours ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

"I'll go alone, but I'll probably stay in your vicinity. In case you get, ya know, mobbed."

“Sounds good to me.” 

Nick walks in the general direction Kaleb is going because Kaleb is going in the general direction that Nick is going. He searches for a smith, a tanner, a butcher, or a weaver, hoping he can buy some supplies for the cheap price of a several century technology boost. 

@The Stormfather 

1 minute ago, Dragonheir said:

“Sounds good to me.” 

Nick walks in the general direction Kaleb is going because Kaleb is going in the general direction that Nick is going. He searches for a smith, a tanner, a butcher, or a weaver, hoping he can buy some supplies for the cheap price of a several century technology boost. 

@The Stormfather 

He spots a smith and a butcher right near the gate.

5 minutes ago, The Stormfather said:

He spots a smith and a butcher right near the gate.

He turns and goes into the butcher’s shop, smiling amenably. “Hello. Do you have any scraps that you can’t sell that you could give me? I don’t care if it’s edible or not.”
If the butcher asks for payment, Nick says. “I don’t have any currency you’d take, but I’m willing to do a short but difficult task in return.” 

36 minutes ago, Dragonheir said:

He turns and goes into the butcher’s shop, smiling amenably. “Hello. Do you have any scraps that you can’t sell that you could give me? I don’t care if it’s edible or not.”
If the butcher asks for payment, Nick says. “I don’t have any currency you’d take, but I’m willing to do a short but difficult task in return.” 

"Well, there's some carrion that I didn't get to fast enough. Was planning to sell it to some hunters to set their traps, but you can take some of it if you'll help me out with something. Basically, those hunters dropped off a giant moose they felled, but I can't get the durned thing into me house!"

Kaleb, following Nick, walks up to the nearest person who looks semi-amiable. "Hey! Can you tell me where I am? I'm sorta lost." 

"Specify that you don't know what street. Or what city. Or what country. Or what continent. Or what world."

"Um... like all of where I am. Country? I was... er... kidnapped."

@The Stormfather