Teleportation : A mystery/chaotic RP

12 hours ago, The Stormfather said:

"Well, there's some carrion that I didn't get to fast enough. Was planning to sell it to some hunters to set their traps, but you can take some of it if you'll help me out with something. Basically, those hunters dropped off a giant moose they felled, but I can't get the durned thing into me house!"

“Excellent! Is the moose too big, or too heavy? If it’s the latter, I can definitely help. I’ll just have to rearrange my schedule and refuel these wings earlier.”  

12 hours ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

Kaleb, following Nick, walks up to the nearest person who looks semi-amiable. "Hey! Can you tell me where I am? I'm sorta lost." 

"Specify that you don't know what street. Or what city. Or what country. Or what continent. Or what world."

"Um... like all of where I am. Country? I was... er... kidnapped."

@The Stormfather

"No clue. Somewhere with mountains and castles."

59 minutes ago, Dragonheir said:

“Excellent! Is the moose too big, or too heavy? If it’s the latter, I can definitely help. I’ll just have to rearrange my schedule and refuel these wings earlier.”  

"It's too heavy fer' me to move, and the things antlers are too wide to be goin' through me door!"

On 9/25/2024 at 7:30 AM, The Stormfather said:

"No clue. Somewhere with mountains and castles."

I think Kaleb was asking a pedestrian, advised by OWEN to clarify his question. 

On 9/25/2024 at 7:30 AM, The Stormfather said:

"It's too heavy fer' me to move, and the things antlers are too wide to be goin' through me door!"

“Ok. Do you want the head intact for mounting on a wall or something? I’ll need to find a water source; is there a lake or river nearby that’s free to use?” 
@The Stormfather
@The Stormfather

Edited by Dragonheir
Ping

22 hours ago, J. Magi said:

"Alright, I'll what I can get with my coins. Food will be my priority."

"Why don't Sleeper and I go together," Aki suggested, wanting to keep an eye on the young one. He seemed the type to get himself into trouble.

Sleeper rolls his eyes, but nods in agreement.

23 hours ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

"We aren't killing or robbing anyone, Sleeper."

Sleeper shoots him a dirty look. 

3 hours ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

Sleeper rolls his eyes, but nods in agreement.

Sleeper shoots him a dirty look. 

"Shall we go then?" Aki tucked his small pile of yen into his pocket and turned to explore the market. Undoubtedly, they'd be selling some kind of food somewhere.

Edited by J. Magi

5 minutes ago, The Stormfather said:

As this happens, you hear a loud war horn blare and hear the distant marching of plated feet. Many plated feet.

People rush about in the streets in panic, and guards race to the walls with longbows.

@Dragonheir @AltonicKeys @Ancient Elantrian @J. Magi

“Of course. And here I was, thinking we were somewhere safe for once.” The new suit seeds are ready, although Aki, Sleeper, and Kaleb won’t be able to do anything with them till they grow. Amazing timing, I know. 
Nick puts up his hood, apologizing to the butcher as he follows the guards. “I never did get more hydrogen. 
@J. Magi, @Ancient Elantrian, and @AltonicKeys, SIMON says “Nick is for some reason going to help fight. Here’s his approximate location.” through your glasses and communicator, respectively. 

2 hours ago, The Stormfather said:

As this happens, you hear a loud war horn blare and hear the distant marching of plated feet. Many plated feet.

People rush about in the streets in panic, and guards race to the walls with longbows.

2 hours ago, Dragonheir said:

“Of course. And here I was, thinking we were somewhere safe for once.” The new suit seeds are ready, although Aki, Sleeper, and Kaleb won’t be able to do anything with them till they grow. Amazing timing, I know. 
Nick puts up his hood, apologizing to the butcher as he follows the guards. “I never did get more hydrogen. 
@J. Magi, @Ancient Elantrian, and @AltonicKeys, SIMON says “Nick is for some reason going to help fight. Here’s his approximate location.” through your glasses and communicator, respectively. 

Larry sighs, grumbles and kicks rocks around for a moment. For once he's not on duty and he still has to go into suprise firefights. He takes into account Nick's direction and finds the nearest guard going the same general direction. "I'm a soldier, what's the situation? Who's attacking?" He unholstered his blaster and checked the charge. About 400 shots left, and an emergency 200-shot cartridge on his body. He didn't have any utilities or tools. Which was stupid. Why did he do that?

On 9/25/2024 at 8:55 AM, TheRavenHasLanded said:

Sleeper walks behind Aki, just taking in the sights.

12 hours ago, The Stormfather said:

Aki grabbed sleeper into an alleyway, hopefully out of the way of the commotion.

@TheRavenHasLanded

"Something's happening."

It appears the keep is under attack, JAMES added, sounding bored.

been doing a lot of green voices in rp's lately lol

14 hours ago, Dragonheir said:

Kaleb nods. "OWEN, lead me there the quickest way possible."

"Deal. Take a left at the fork, then continue on Carriage Way for a quarter mile."

9 hours ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

Kaleb nods. "OWEN, lead me there the quickest way possible."

"Deal. Take a left at the fork, then continue on Carriage Way for a quarter mile."

Nick diverts his path to meet up with Kaleb sooner. “Ok, what’s our plan here?” 

I’m imagining that there are no street signs, and OWEN is just making the street names up for fun. 

37 minutes ago, Dragonheir said:

Nick diverts his path to meet up with Kaleb sooner. “Ok, what’s our plan here?” 

Yeah pretty much.

"Fight or run. I've always been better in command positions, but I could do infantry work. Maybe."

"I vote run. I've only existed for less than a day and am not ready to die."

A large boulder comes sailing through the air to slam  into one of the higher towers in the central keep of the city, spraying chips of stone and brick across the city. The tower creaks loudly, and begins to tumble over on one side.

"They brought catapults! Quickly, fetch the Kerstiyani!" Someone up on the wall yells. A troupe of soldiers in heavy plate bearing large shields and shortswords (In reality doing a shield+longsword combo is very difficult) Rushing towards the gate.

16 hours ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

"Fight or run. I've always been better in command positions, but I could do infantry work. Maybe."

"I vote run. I've only existed for less than a day and am not ready to die."

“Command positions… you have instant access to me no matter where on the battlefield I am. I’m essentially invincible unless they have hybrid weapons or a really absurd amount of energy, like a catapult or something.” Suddenly: 

7 hours ago, The Stormfather said:

A large boulder comes sailing through the air to slam  into one of the higher towers in the central keep of the city, spraying chips of stone and brick across the city. The tower creaks loudly, and begins to tumble over on one side.

"They brought catapults! Quickly, fetch the Kerstiyani!" Someone up on the wall yells. A troupe of soldiers in heavy plate bearing large shields and shortswords (In reality doing a shield+longsword combo is very difficult) Rushing towards the gate.

“My points are still valid. Unless they hit me with the catapult, they can’t hurt me. Where could I go that would do the most damage?” 

“Command positions… you have instant access to me no matter where on the battlefield I am. I’m essentially invincible unless they have hybrid weapons or a really absurd amount of energy, like a catapult or something.” Suddenly: 

“My points are still valid. Unless they hit me with the catapult, they can’t hurt me. Where could I go that would do the most damage?” 

“Destroy the catapult and anyone that looks like a commanding officer. Until I get a better survey of the battlefield that’s all I’ve got.”

4 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

“Destroy the catapult and anyone that looks like a commanding officer. Until I get a better survey of the battlefield that’s all I’ve got.”

Nick salutes. “Ay ay. Before I go, take this.” He shakes Kaleb’s hand, and a layer of xenosuit sticks to his hand. “The seed is in there. It’ll take a few hours to grow, less if you water it. OWEN can explain more.” Then, Nick jogs off in the direction of the catapult. 

I will write a thing about xenosuit capabilities before Kaleb’s is ready. 

@The Stormfather, Nick is very intelligently charging into battle without a weapon (towards the catapult). Does he pass anyone who might be able to give him one? 

Just now, Dragonheir said:

Nick salutes. “Ay ay. Before I go, take this.” He shakes Kaleb’s hand, and a layer of xenosuit sticks to his hand. “The seed is in there. It’ll take a few hours to grow, less if you water it. OWEN can explain more.” Then, Nick jogs off in the direction of the catapult. 

@The Stormfather, Nick is very intelligently charging into battle without a weapon (towards the catapult). Does he pass anyone who might be able to give him one? 

He passes troupes of soldiers from the keep you are in.

Just now, The Stormfather said:

He passes troupes of soldiers from the keep you are in.

From the speaker in his hood, he asks the soldiers, “Does anyone have an extra weapon or a canteen of water? I’m going to take out the catapult.” He seems to have forgotten that a faceless figure with wings and brightly colored designs is rather strange, and thus suspicious. 
(Nick has his hood up at this point, and his rather distinctive suit is colored teleportation yellow, moon crystal blue, and dragon planet green. It’s got a stab resistant layer, a fireproof layer, another stab resistant layer, shock spreading, shock absorption, insulation, and life support, in that order. His wings are at minimum charge and out of ballast - any less hydrogen and he’d fall over backward.) 

2 minutes ago, Dragonheir said:

From the speaker in his hood, he asks the soldiers, “Does anyone have an extra weapon or a canteen of water? I’m going to take out the catapult.” He seems to have forgotten that a faceless figure with wings and brightly colored designs is rather strange, and thus suspicious. 
(Nick has his hood up at this point, and his rather distinctive suit is colored teleportation yellow, moon crystal blue, and dragon planet green. It’s got a stab resistant layer, a fireproof layer, another stab resistant layer, shock spreading, shock absorption, insulation, and life support, in that order. His wings are at minimum charge and out of ballast - any less hydrogen and he’d fall over backward.) 

The soldiers scoff and walk away, but one hangs back. 

"Here's a canteen, son. They don't like you festival folk, but yer not half bad. just stay out of their way when the fightin' starts."

He hands you a canteen of water.

1 hour ago, The Stormfather said:

The soldiers scoff and walk away, but one hangs back. 

"Here's a canteen, son. They don't like you festival folk, but yer not half bad. just stay out of their way when the fightin' starts."

He hands you a canteen of water.

Nick nods. “Thank you. Although this getup isn’t just for show; I’m an inventor.” To prove his point, one wing flips up on its own, allowing Nick to pour the canteen down the strut. He tosses it back to the soldier. “That should be one good boost in ten minutes or so; I should probably refuel this thing in a lake after the battle.”
Nick goes back to jogging, heavier at first but slowly lightening as the hydrogen splits. “Hey SIMON, do you think this could work?” Nick pictures a hydrogen filled shaft with a modified Ferrian blade-plant on the end, like a glaive. You’ll need the resources - a spear should work if you permeate it with xenosuit. And we can overclock the blade-plant off the hydrogen, and throw in some ferroyeast. That’d wreak plate armor. 

41 minutes ago, Dragonheir said:

Nick nods. “Thank you. Although this getup isn’t just for show; I’m an inventor.” To prove his point, one wing flips up on its own, allowing Nick to pour the canteen down the strut. He tosses it back to the soldier. “That should be one good boost in ten minutes or so; I should probably refuel this thing in a lake after the battle.”
Nick goes back to jogging, heavier at first but slowly lightening as the hydrogen splits. “Hey SIMON, do you think this could work?” Nick pictures a hydrogen filled shaft with a modified Ferrian blade-plant on the end, like a glaive. You’ll need the resources - a spear should work if you permeate it with xenosuit. And we can overclock the blade-plant off the hydrogen, and throw in some ferroyeast. That’d wreak plate armor. 

Oh this is clever....

Kaleb holds tight to the xenosuit as he climbs up the side of a building to further survey the battlefield.

@The Stormfather How does that look?