Teleportation : A mystery/chaotic RP

8 hours ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

“Doesn’t matter. No, the whole ‘invincibility armor’ wouldn’t work. It’s been tried, and it just… doesn’t.”

“Huh. Maybe it has something to do with the relative strength of the surface it’s on…” 

Why’d you have to ruin my plan? It’s not like it’d be OP or anything… (huh. It seems like I’ve been ending sentences in by trailing off pretty often recently… 

15 hours ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

“Maybe? I dunno I’m not a scientist.”

“I can get some actual scientists to look at it when I get back. My job is just to figure out what something does and how, and take one of those two things and make something useful. I’ve got two ideas; we can either check out those digging things, or I can see how far my xenosuit can spread out to get as much power as possible, so we don’t starve to death doing whatever we’ll be doing.” 

Do you want to keep roleplaying, or should we have something interesting happen? 

2 minutes ago, Dragonheir said:

“I can get some actual scientists to look at it when I get back. My job is just to figure out what something does and how, and take one of those two things and make something useful. I’ve got two ideas; we can either check out those digging things, or I can see how far my xenosuit can spread out to get as much power as possible, so we don’t starve to death doing whatever we’ll be doing.” 

"I choose... both?"

1 minute ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

"I choose... both?"

“Ok, then.” Nick sits down in lotus position, then changes his mind and lies down all the way. “My limiting factor here is water. When your frost thing melts, does it produce any?” 

1 minute ago, Dragonheir said:

“Ok, then.” Nick sits down in lotus position, then changes his mind and lies down all the way. “My limiting factor here is water. When your frost thing melts, does it produce any?” 

"No," Kaleb sighs. "I wish."

Just now, Ancient Elantrian said:

"No," Kaleb sighs. "I wish."

“It is cold though, right?” The xenosuit has already started growing outward. “I could condense what humidity there is…” 

Just now, Dragonheir said:

“Ok. Let’s set that up. And use an inanimate object this time, please.” 

"That's a bit more difficult..." Kaleb says. He picks up a rock, a bit larger than his fist, and tossed it into the air. As it fell, he nailed it with a crystal, frost forming completely over it before he caught it. 

"There you go." He said, handing it over to Nick.

5 minutes ago, Dragonheir said:

Nick takes it, and sets it on his knee. “Depending upon how well this works, I can set up some flat pieces of fabric for better surface area.” 

I mean, physics is physics

If it's cold water will condense

"I... see."

3 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

I mean, physics is physics

If it's cold water will condense

"I... see."

"I'll explain the physics while I'm waiting. Most of my games got corrupted, so it's not like I have anything else to do." His suit slowly grows over the ground. Two fan-like shapes also begin growing, both for better condensation, and other reasons... 

Just assume he does that. 

If there's not enough humidity, nothing will condense. Of course, Nick's suit should really be able to get around this anyway, so it's probably fine. 

2 minutes ago, Dragonheir said:

"I'll explain the physics while I'm waiting. Most of my games got corrupted, so it's not like I have anything else to do." His suit slowly grows over the ground. Two fan-like shapes also begin growing, both for better condensation, and other reasons... 

Kaleb steps back a pace. Seriously, this man's clothes were creepy. Probably haunted by a sun spirit. Poor guy.

Just now, Ancient Elantrian said:

Kaleb steps back a pace. Seriously, this man's clothes were creepy. Probably haunted by a sun spirit. Poor guy.

Nick just keeps talking about thermodynamics, mostly oblivious. SIMON notes it, but doesn't comment. 

True, honestly. They get less creepy when they're better charged, because then you can pick whatever color you want, rather than only black for maximum light absorption. 

1 minute ago, Dragonheir said:

Nick just keeps talking about thermodynamics, mostly oblivious. SIMON notes it, but doesn't comment. 

Kaleb doesn't understand half the gibberish the strange man says. Yep. Definitely haunted. Maybe even possessed. He'd probably have to perform an exorcism while Nick was asleep tonight. By the moon, this man needs help.

Kaleb doesn't understand half the gibberish the strange man says. Yep. Definitely haunted. Maybe even possessed. He'd probably have to perform an exorcism while Nick was asleep tonight. By the moon, this man needs help.

I want to see this! 

5 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

Can we magically make it night?

Sure, why not. We can decanonize the attempt if it wrecks any plans. 

@The Stormfather @J. Magi @AltonicKeys 

As night falls, Nick continues to lay down. "The light catching spread is pretty well insulated. SIMON will go around you guys, but if needed, you can go under the biofabric and stay warm." His two fan-like contraptions have been frozen, causing water to drip down them, and the sheet keeps growing outward. 

Edited by Dragonheir
SPAG

4 hours ago, Dragonheir said:

@The Stormfather @J. Magi @AltonicKeys 

As night falls, Nick continues to lay down. "The light catching spread is pretty well insulated. SIMON will go around you guys, but if needed, you can go under the biofabric and stay warm." His two fan-like contraptions have been frozen, causing water to drip down them, and the sheet keeps growing outward. 

Kaleb waits silently until he hears Nick's breathing steadying. Then he crawls over. He looks around nervously, a slew of dark memories flowing in his mind. He shakes his head, dispelling them as he pulls out one of his crystals and places it on Nick's forehead. He puts both his thumbs on the crystal, pushing it gently. It begins to melt away as a thin layer of frost, even thinner than that put on the rock or on Aki. The frost begins pulsing inwards, towards Kaleb's thumbs, as waves of golden light. He starts muttering words under his breath, not English words though. "Demon of the sun, depart." He commands. There is a flash of light and the frost pulls in, forming back into a crystal, but not the same blue crystal. It forms into one pulsing golden-red. 

Good. Kaleb thought. His exorcism would have drawn all the energy from Nick and his haunted clothes, pulling away the Sun Demon. He'd probably get a cold, but that was the price you paid for getting un-possessed.

Kaleb yawned, laying down, and immediately starting snoring like a dying elk.

Edited by Ancient Elantrian
When you completely change what you wrote...

Sorry, I was offline for a bit. Yeah, a fair amount of water condenses.

Nothing happens for about 8 hours, so you can do anything you want. You do note that this is way longer than the past teleportations.

Kaleb waits silently until he hears Nick's breathing steadying. Then he crawls over. He looks around nervously, a slew of dark memories flowing in his mind. He shakes his head, dispelling them as he pulls out one of his crystals and places it on Nick's forehead. He puts both his thumbs on the crystal, pushing it gently. It begins to melt away as a thin layer of frost, even thinner than that put on the rock or on Aki. The frost begins pulsing inwards, towards Kaleb's thumbs, as waves of golden light. He starts muttering words under his breath, not English words though. "Demon of the sun, depart." He commands. There is a flash of light and the frost pulls in, forming back into a crystal, but not the same blue crystal. It forms into one pulsing golden-red. 

Good. Kaleb thought. His exorcism would have drawn all the energy from Nick and his haunted clothes, pulling away the Sun Demon. He'd probably get a cold, but that was the price you paid for getting un-possessed.

Kaleb yawned, laying down, and immediately starting snoring like a dying elk.

Exactly how much did this steal? The suit is well insulated, and now he can't get it off, so Nick is not gonna be doing well. Also, would this have enough "magic" stealing to take SIMON's operating system and trap it in the crystal? 

Hmm. This procedure has interesting implications... 

Nick, asleep, suddenly feels cold. His eyes snap open, but he can only see through one of them. "SIMON?" he asks, but the speakers on his suit are cold and dormant. Beneath his now-deadly covering, he shivers violently. The outer layer above the clear eye covering begins to turn to black fuzz. "WHAT did you DO!" he yells, muffled by the mask. Around him, the other part of the suit, released from what keeps it in order, begins to grow wild. The channels into Nick's body, where the suit was feeding him nutrients, reverse, as his own calories are the only energy source left for everything but the outer layer. Nick, both eyes covered now, takes the ice covered rock and tries to pry off the mask, so he can breathe. Almost out of air, he rolls over, trying to wake up his companions. "HElp me." 

@J. Magi @The Stormfather

Well, congratulations Elan. You just essentially killed Nick. 

I'm gonna eat lunch, so this is my last post for at least an hour. 

Just now, Dragonheir said:

Nick, asleep, suddenly feels cold. His eyes snap open, but he can only see through one of them. "SIMON?" he asks, but the speakers on his suit are cold and dormant. Beneath his now-deadly covering, he shivers violently. The outer layer above the clear eye covering begins to turn to black fuzz. "WHAT did you DO!" he yells, muffled by the mask. Around him, the other part of the suit, released from what keeps it in order, begins to grow wild. The channels into Nick's body, where the suit was feeding him nutrients, reverse, as his own calories are the only energy source left for everything but the outer layer. Nick, both eyes covered now, takes the ice covered rock and tries to pry off the mask, so he can breathe. Almost out of air, he rolls over, trying to wake up his companions. "HElp me." 

Yayyy

I'm good at that.

Sorry.

Kaleb jerks awake, seeing Nick.

He didn't know what to do.

So he did the one thing he knew how to do:

He froze Nick. 

It would at least keep him alive until he could figure out something else.

A gust of wind sends sand spraying into all of your eyes. And then, a loud sound. Thump. Thump. Thump. Something was making the sound, not too far away.

you hear the telltale rumbling that you've heard before, when the beastial worm passed, and you see another going past you.

(This place was suggested by @RoyalBeeMage, and it's more of a joke than anything. Have you figured out where you are yet? It's a place from a book. Wait no don't say that, me, its not from a book its a completely original idea that is unique and different from the book who shall remain nameless.)

2 hours ago, The Stormfather said:

A gust of wind sends sand spraying into all of your eyes. And then, a loud sound. Thump. Thump. Thump. Something was making the sound, not too far away.

you hear the telltale rumbling that you've heard before, when the beastial worm passed, and you see another going past you.

(This place was suggested by @RoyalBeeMage, and it's more of a joke than anything. Have you figured out where you are yet? It's a place from a book. Wait no don't say that, me, its not from a book its a completely original idea that is unique and different from the book who shall remain nameless.)

Wait a second...

DUNE?!

3 hours ago, Dragonheir said:

Kaleb feels bad. He feared his exorcism had gone horribly wrong. 

He quietly pulled out the golden-red crystal, and placed it on Nick's forehead. "Enter this host, demon of the sun." He muttered, hoping it would work. He said a few strange incantations, and a film of hot, humid air spread over Nick as the power left the crystal, reentering his body and suit, melting the ice.