Teleportation : A mystery/chaotic RP

1 minute ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

fascinating. anyways, if my boi dies, we get the normal sleeper lol. 

Yeah. I’ve read sci fi books where they’re mentioned, and sometimes a grey goo like faction acts as enemies in sci fi video games. 
Was this Sleeper weird from the start? 

1 minute ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

he first appeared in TLT, then I used him in an rp called Anything and Everything RP. and yes, he's almost always been this weird. he gets to summon swords, but only once he makes his deal. 

So what did you mean? 
Can he summon as many swords as he wants? Does he get to pick what swords they are? Imagine if he got ahold of some Leraseruim. 
I’m gonna leave now. I’ll be back later. 

HA! The high-tech guy has no idea! Great idea throwing a scientist into this, Meryyn.

The voice speaks loudly from above.

A different voice speaks next.

All to make money, eh dad?

Aye, son. Now, get a second round of bets now that more are watching. And make sure that if one of them starts catching on, they find an acci-Wait. They can hear me. Oh, Son, what have you DONE! You will be punished for this!

You hear a loud thud from wherever you happen to be hearing this from.

(Also there is a tunnel leaving the amethyst room that I may have forgotten to mention idk.)

@TheRavenHasLanded @Dragonheir @Ancient Elantrian @AltonicKeys

3 minutes ago, The Stormfather said:

HA! The high-tech guy has no idea! Great idea throwing a scientist into this, Meryyn.

Aye, son. Now, get a second round of bets now that more are watching. And make sure that if one of them starts catching on, they find an acci-Wait. They can hear me. Oh, Son, what have you DONE! You will be punished for this!

(Also there is a tunnel leaving the amethyst room that I may have forgotten to mention idk.)

Sleeper jumps up. "I'm going to check this out" and he sprints down the tunnel.

2 hours ago, Dragonheir said:

“Here, give me your arm.” Nick’s pointer finger has a needle like structure on it. “Is that a common thing on your world? How do you know when you’re given a soul?” 

Nick grits his teeth. “I’m not saying that there’ll be monsters, or you’ll need to do some swimming. I’m saying that we’ll eventually end up somewhere hot enough to ignite your skin, or cold enough to turn your blood to ice, or there just won’t be any air, or it’ll be raining acid, or you’ll be crushed by your own bodyweight, or any number of other things nobody can survive on their own.” 
He makes a conscious effort to calm down, letting out a breath. “Almost all of everything is empty space, with essentially no air, light, or heat. Even if we’re limited to planets, and won’t be floating in space or dropped into a star, for every one planet with life, there are hundreds more without it.” 
He slowly gets louder and more frustrated as he talks. “No life means no oxygen. No oxygen means no breathing.” 
Nick draws his finger across his throat.
“For every one of those with the right temperature - the ones that might have water - the ones that could have been forests and oceans and grasslands - there are ten planets too far from the sun, or too close. Those are either balls of ice or so scorching that our blood would boil. If we had some air, maybe the moon crystals could protect us. Maybe we could survive.” 
Nick pauses and looks both of you in the eyes. “But! For every one of those planets, you get ten that don’t even have ground. All gas - and these are massive. We show up on one of those, and we fall. And fall. And fall. They have small rocky cores, but before we even got there, we’d be dead because we’d be moving too fast, or we can’t breathe, or it’s the wrong temperature, or the winds of storms several times the size of most rocky planets turn us to shreds. Even if we show up on the core, and it’s somehow oxygen at the right temperature, the planet is so big, and there’d be so much air above us, that we’d just be smashed flat.” 
Nick claps parallel to the ground, demonstrating the point. “I’m surprised you’re still alive after three. All of you have no idea how dangerous this is. You don’t have any way to know.” 

Ending his rant, he sits on the floor. ”If any of you die, it’ll be because I didn’t convince you. I’ll all be my fault.” 

"Okay . . ."

Aki sat on the floor next to him.

"I'll wear the suit, but only to make you feel better, not because I believe in your magic." He sighed.

"I get your worried about going to a super deadly place but don't you think that if the chance of going to those planets was so high, we'd have been to one already? We've teleported 3 or 4 times already and each time it's been fine! I'm sure your Simon could run statistics on it the longer we go. It's possible that whatever is making us teleport knows we can't survive certain places. Not to mention the Kami who keep talking from the sky, they might be monitoring it."

1 hour ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

wait but I thought he was already a cyborg dude . . . hmmm

the sleeper lore deepens

1 hour ago, The Stormfather said:

"Would you be quiet up there? Us atheists are trying to think."

4 minutes ago, J. Magi said:

"Okay . . ."

"I'll wear the suit, but only to make you feel better, not because I believe in your magic." He sighed.

"I get your worried about going to a super deadly place but don't you think that if the chance of going to those planets was so high, we'd have been to one already? We've teleported 3 or 4 times already and each time it's been fine! I'm sure your Simon could run statistics on it the longer we go. It's possible that whatever is making us teleport knows we can't survive certain places. Not to mention the Kami who keep talking from the sky, they might be monitoring it."

No, I will not be quiet, little one.

2 minutes ago, The Stormfather said:

"Wow. Inconsiderate. You'd think someone of your power would know basic manners."

8 minutes ago, The Stormfather said:

I need not use manners against someone so inferior to myself.

"Honestly that's fair, though for the record I don't believe in you."

4 minutes ago, J. Magi said:

"Okay . . ."

Nick listens to Aki talk, glad that he’s convinced at least one of his new friends. He nods along, then near the end says, “You’re right, it might not be random. Kami? What are-“ Suddenly: 

1 hour ago, The Stormfather said:

Nick pushes away his shock and confusion and tries to approach the situation logically. “SIMON, is the sound coming from any particular direction? We can check for speakers.” @The Stormfather, what’s the result of that? 
Getting up from the floor, he continues. “You’ve got a recording, right?” “Of course.” The audio repeats itself quietly through Nick’s glasses. 
“Ok, let’s see. High tech guy - that’s me if they’re talking about us. No idea? Not sure what that could mean. Odds of safe planets, soul selling, or what’s going on in general, I guess.”
Pacing now, he keeps thinking out loud. “Throwing implies that I’m here on purpose, presumably everyone else is too. And it’s for money.” Sleeper runs off. “OK!” Nick yells after him. @TheRavenHasLanded 

“Meryyn, dad, son. That’s probably the two voices, who are related, although maybe not. There’s bets, and watching. Is this some sort of gladiator area?” 
Aki yells at the sky, and receives an answer: 

3 minutes ago, The Stormfather said:

Is that Meryyn or his dad? Meryyn speaks in italics, right? 

“And they can hear us, that’s interesting.” Copying what Aki did, Nick also speaks to the ceiling. “What do you even want? I heard the thing about accidents! I don’t know if you’ll randomly kill me, or the people who start to know how you rigged your betting, but I bet it won’t look very good if you smite me now. You’ll have to fake it, but they’ll know.” 

2 minutes ago, The Stormfather said:

I need not use manners against someone so inferior to myself.

“Are you really superior? Even if you can move us around, you still make mistakes, you have family members, you need money. You’re a sapient, just like any other! You simply have more tools than us, and you don’t even share them. You aren’t willing to make other people’s lives better. And I don’t know what that thump was, but I doubt it’s good. You’re simply a person, not even an especially nice person, from how you treat me, my friends, your son, and your betting customers.”
Nick’s hands are balled into fists. “I know you’re just a person, and I won’t let you play with me. You can send me places, you can even film me, but I will not let you manipulate me!” 

Wow. That was unexpected. Looks like I’ve got some emergence here. I was just writing, pretty much on autopilot. Huh. 
If you do want to smite Nick, I’ve got another character idea lined up. 

3 minutes ago, Dragonheir said:

Nick listens to Aki talk, glad that he’s convinced at least one of his new friends. He nods along, then near the end says, “You’re right, it might not be random. Kami? What are-“ Suddenly: 

Nick pushes away his shock and confusion and tries to approach the situation logically. “SIMON, is the sound coming from any particular direction? We can check for speakers.” @The Stormfather, what’s the result of that? 
Getting up from the floor, he continues. “You’ve got a recording, right?” “Of course.” The audio repeats itself quietly through Nick’s glasses. 
“Ok, let’s see. High tech guy - that’s me if they’re talking about us. No idea? Not sure what that could mean. Odds of safe planets, soul selling, or what’s going on in general, I guess.”
Pacing now, he keeps thinking out loud. “Throwing implies that I’m here on purpose, presumably everyone else is too. And it’s for money.” Sleeper runs off. “OK!” Nick yells after him. @TheRavenHasLanded 

“Meryyn, dad, son. That’s probably the two voices, who are related, although maybe not. There’s bets, and watching. Is this some sort of gladiator area?” 
Aki yells at the sky, and receives an answer: 

“And they can hear us, that’s interesting.” Copying what Aki did, Nick also speaks to the ceiling. “What do you even want? I heard the thing about accidents! I don’t know if you’ll randomly kill me, or the people who start to know how you rigged your betting, but I bet it won’t look very good if you smite me now. You’ll have to fake it, but they’ll know.” 

“Are you really superior? Even if you can move us around, you still make mistakes, you have family members, you need money. You’re a sapient, just like any other! You simply have more tools than us, and you don’t even share them. You aren’t willing to make other people’s lives better. And I don’t know what that thump was, but I doubt it’s good. You’re simply a person, not even an especially nice person, from how you treat me, my friends, your son, and your betting customers.”
Nick’s hands are balled into fists. “I know you’re just a person, and I won’t let you play with me. You can send me places, you can even film me, but I will not let you manipulate me!” 

shots fiiiired

"Hmm, if they are making whatever this is into entertainment that can be bet on, then wouldn't the likelihood of a dangerous planet be even smaller? It ruins the point of a game if all the contestants die immediately because of random chance." Aki thought out loud.

1 minute ago, J. Magi said:

"Hmm, if they are making whatever this is into entertainment that can be bet on, then wouldn't the likelihood of a dangerous planet be even smaller? It ruins the point of a game if all the contestants die immediately because of random chance." Aki thought out loud.

“Yeah. I think I just made the odds spike. Meryyn and his dad, whoever they are, look even pettier if we get sent to one now, though.” 

Yeah, I know. But I wasn’t even trying to do that. Like I said, I was on autopilot. Looks like my discovery writing is working. 

7 minutes ago, Dragonheir said:

“Yeah. I think I just made the odds spike. Meryyn and his dad, whoever they are, look even pettier if we get sent to one now, though.” 

It was great, lol

"Nice . . . does that mean we have an edge?" He glanced at the ceiling of the cave. "I could work with that."

3 hours ago, Dragonheir said:

“Here, give me your arm.” Nick’s pointer finger has a needle like structure on it. “Is that a common thing on your world? How do you know when you’re given a soul?” 

Nick grits his teeth. “I’m not saying that there’ll be monsters, or you’ll need to do some swimming. I’m saying that we’ll eventually end up somewhere hot enough to ignite your skin, or cold enough to turn your blood to ice, or there just won’t be any air, or it’ll be raining acid, or you’ll be crushed by your own bodyweight, or any number of other things nobody can survive on their own.” 
He makes a conscious effort to calm down, letting out a breath. “Almost all of everything is empty space, with essentially no air, light, or heat. Even if we’re limited to planets, and won’t be floating in space or dropped into a star, for every one planet with life, there are hundreds more without it.” 
He slowly gets louder and more frustrated as he talks. “No life means no oxygen. No oxygen means no breathing.” 
Nick draws his finger across his throat.
“For every one of those with the right temperature - the ones that might have water - the ones that could have been forests and oceans and grasslands - there are ten planets too far from the sun, or too close. Those are either balls of ice or so scorching that our blood would boil. If we had some air, maybe the moon crystals could protect us. Maybe we could survive.” 
Nick pauses and looks both of you in the eyes. “But! For every one of those planets, you get ten that don’t even have ground. All gas - and these are massive. We show up on one of those, and we fall. And fall. And fall. They have small rocky cores, but before we even got there, we’d be dead because we’d be moving too fast, or we can’t breathe, or it’s the wrong temperature, or the winds of storms several times the size of most rocky planets turn us to shreds. Even if we show up on the core, and it’s somehow oxygen at the right temperature, the planet is so big, and there’d be so much air above us, that we’d just be smashed flat.” 
Nick claps parallel to the ground, demonstrating the point. “I’m surprised you’re still alive after three. All of you have no idea how dangerous this is. You don’t have any way to know.” 

Ending his rant, he sits on the floor. ”If any of you die, it’ll be because I didn’t convince you. I’ll all be my fault.” 

Kaleb put a hand on Nick's shoulder.

"It won't be your fault. I'm... pretty resilient. I have more talents than you think. And... well, we all have to return to the sky sometime. But if it'll make you feel better, I'll take the demonsuit."

He tries his best to just ignore the voices. Nick was smart, he'd figure it out. Kaleb trusted him.

Edited by Ancient Elantrian

1 hour ago, J. Magi said:

"Nice . . . does that mean we have an edge?" He glanced at the ceiling of the cave. "I could work with that."

“Yeah. Meryyn seems like he’s both the smarter and nicer of the pair. It’d be interesting to meet him, preferably without his dad.” Nick considers winking, but decides that’s overselling it. @The Stormfather ;) 

Thanks. Glad you liked it. Although the whole just kinda happened thing is a little weird. I think I’ve figured out how Brandon writes Shallan. 

1 hour ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

Kaleb put a hand on Nick's shoulder.

"It won't be your fault. I'm... pretty resilient. I have more talents than you think. And... well, we all have to return to the sky sometime. But if it'll make you feel better, I'll take the demonsuit."

He tries his best to just ignore the voices. Nick was smart, he'd figure it out. Kaleb trusted him.

Nick smiles at him. “Thank you. I’m glad you’re here. I’m glad all of us are here. Maybe not that people have to be here at all, although this has pretty much been the most interesting two days of my life, but if other people have to be with me, I’m glad it’s people like you. Interesting people, capable people, friendly people.” 

I think this is the first time someone has touched Nick’s suit. Thus: the fabric of the suit is waffled with stiff lines forming triangles about a quarter inch on each side. It is cool to the touch, and feels not quite smooth, but not rough either, like leaves, skin, and fabric (not any fabric Kaleb has access to. Although maybe? Not wool or leather. Closer to cotton). You can press it inward a bit, but it gets stronger the harder you press. It’s also less black now, and much closer to the colors it’s becoming; a blueish white, a yellow, and a greenish blue, which is the dominant color. ;) 

4 hours ago, The Stormfather said:

He nearly runs straight into a large snake hanging from the ceiling, which hisses and tries to bite him.

he stabs it into the wall with a dagger he pulls out of his boot.

3 hours ago, J. Magi said:

"Okay . . ."

not here he aint!!!

3 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

he stabs it into the wall with a dagger he pulls out of his boot.

my goodness how am I meant to keep track

13 hours ago, Dragonheir said:

“Yeah. Meryyn seems like he’s both the smarter and nicer of the pair. It’d be interesting to meet him, preferably without his dad.” Nick considers winking, but decides that’s overselling it. @The Stormfather ;) 

Nick smiles at him. “Thank you. I’m glad you’re here. I’m glad all of us are here. Maybe not that people have to be here at all, although this has pretty much been the most interesting two days of my life, but if other people have to be with me, I’m glad it’s people like you. Interesting people, capable people, friendly people.” 

I think this is the first time someone has touched Nick’s suit. Thus: the fabric of the suit is waffled with stiff lines forming triangles about a quarter inch on each side. It is cool to the touch, and feels not quite smooth, but not rough either, like leaves, skin, and fabric (not any fabric Kaleb has access to. Although maybe? Not wool or leather. Closer to cotton). You can press it inward a bit, but it gets stronger the harder you press. It’s also less black now, and much closer to the colors it’s becoming; a blueish white, a yellow, and a greenish blue, which is the dominant color. ;) 

Kaleb grins. “Interesting is accurate at least.”

10 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

Kaleb grins. “Interesting is accurate at least.”

Nick continues grinning back. "You should probably say something." "If I got to go back home occasionally, I'd honestly stay here. I could bring you and the others with me, and go see everyone else's homeworlds." 

20 minutes ago, Dragonheir said:

Nick continues grinning back. "You should probably say something." "If I got to go back home occasionally, I'd honestly stay here. I could bring you and the others with me, and go see everyone else's homeworlds." 

“That would be fun. Maybe I could learn more about the crazy stuff you know, be almost as smart as you!”