Recent Sanderson Reader Joining the Fray

Hey everyone!

My name's Alex and I'm super excited to be here! Honestly, I haven't been on a forum since I was a much younger man. I always liked them though but thought they'd died out. I'm a pretty new Sanderson reader. I started sometime late last year and have been reading nothing but every since. I used to be a huge reader but sort of fell of it. I picked up The Way of Kings on a recommendation but didn't read it. My friend started reading Sanderson after finishing the Wheel of Time, then hopped into Mistborn. His recommendation convinced me, after weeks of harassment. 

We all know how that went, since I eventually found my way here. It gave me my love of reading back. I loved the original Mistborn Trilogy so much, and I kept going, reading the Cosmere with a reading order I found. If Mistborn gave me my love of reading back, Stormlight Archive changed the way I love books. The Way of Kings sucked me in, and never let me go. I'm several books away from Stormlight now (After RoW I read Era 2 of Mistborn, the secret projects, then Skyward Series and I wrapped up Reckoners this week) and I'm honestly still feeling the post Stormlgiht sadness. I'm completely obsessed and everything I read ends up compared to it. I start books now wishing for something set on Roshar, but always end up loving the new books. (Shout out to Yumi. That was a heck of a book)

I also enjoy gaming, anime, manga, comics, and all kinds of other things. I'm really excited to get to start getting to know you guys and make some friends. Talk with other people who enjoy Sanderson as much as me (Wind and Truth in December. 'Nuff said), and just have a great time. 

Thanks for taking the time to read this, everyone! Looking forward to talking to you all.

Welcome to the Shard!! Do you like Bagels? If so what kind?

41 minutes ago, LittleHandAlex said:

anime, manga,

Niiiiiiiice, same lol

**whispers**: I've heard in the past that you shouldn't accept the cookie . . . for whatever reason.

HELLO-

*turns caps off*

I keep leaving that on, dangit.

Hello there, Alex! Welcome to the Shard!

If you could visit any country on Roshar for a week, which country would you visit and why?

DON'T EAT THE COOKIES.

Edited by Through The Living Glass

Welcome. Please find the Sharder FAQ here.

On 6/22/2024 at 9:44 PM, LittleHandAlex said:

I loved the original Mistborn Trilogy so much, and I kept going, reading the Cosmere with a reading order I found. If Mistborn gave me my love of reading back, Stormlight Archive changed the way I love books. The Way of Kings sucked me in, and never let me go. I'm several books away from Stormlight now (After RoW I read Era 2 of Mistborn, the secret projects, then Skyward Series and I wrapped up Reckoners this week)

Also, please let us know if there are any Cosmere works you have not read (in case of spoilers during discussion). Publishing Order Here. Summary:

Spoiler

THE COSMERE

ARCANUM UNBOUNDED (Anthology)
Stories from this collection are marked with an asterisk
Planet essays for each region are new content

THE STORMLIGHT ARCHIVE

The Way of Kings
Words of Radiance
AU Essay: Roshar*
Edgedancer*
Oathbringer
Dawnshard