Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Ha! It’s not in this spoiler box… look elsewhere. 

Actually I would like some more input, it's been a while since I played ONW. I am the hemalurgic troublemaker and my action was successful last night so two people are swapped. None of them sound very villagery right now, so I wanted to see what they would claim and possibly catch them in a lie.

1 minute ago, LightRinger said:

Alright then, I’m a Rebel villager person. For specifics: I’m a Matchmaker

Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents

Ha! It’s not in this spoiler box… look elsewhere. 

This broke my phone :lol: I have no idea what it says

1 minute ago, Coffeecat said:

Actually I would like some more input, it's been a while since I played ONW. I am the hemalurgic troublemaker and my action was successful last night so two people are swapped. None of them sound very villagery right now, so I wanted to see what they would claim and possibly catch them in a lie.

it's definitely me

I'm not claiming anything cuz idk if I'm anything anyway :D

8 minutes ago, Coffeecat said:

I'm of the view you weigh discussion time with reaction test. I was being a bit cagey earlier too wrt claiming Drake because I felt I wanted to see his reaction, but asking CadCom all the questions convinced me that Drake is just Village barring subsequent Hemalurgic Troublemaker shenanigans so there's nothing to be gained from waiting.

Basically: people need time to consider whether you seem truthful etc. But your reasoning for holding it back a bit seems fair. Minimally maybe wait until the 12 hour mark? 24 if you want to be traditional. 

Edited to add:

Given the distro, in a full claim world we are going to have ccs left, right, and centre so I feel this is something we are going to just need to accept and budget for in terms of time to think things through. I sort of feel the early here is a good sign but this is based largely on my view of SE Elims in general and Coffee does play BotC.

Edited by Kasimir

6 minutes ago, Coffeecat said:

Now, that's odd because I'm the hemalurgic troublemaker, and I think there can't be two of them.

I swapped RBM and Lightringer for what it's worth.

Tentatively Coffecat 

1 minute ago, The Unknown Order said:

Now, that's odd because I'm the hemalurgic troublemaker, and I think there can't be two of them.

I swapped RBM and Lightringer for what it's worth.

Tentatively Coffecat 

Wow, and just as I said it, here comes our first cc of the day :P

2 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

Wow, and just as I said it, here comes our first cc of the day :P

Gotta come out with my Spike-guns blazing.

I love Stick thinking I of all people would be anti-claiming somewhere above, I lost the quote.

1 minute ago, Aeternum said:

I have a feeling this game will give me a headache to figure out

Eh, I'm chilling. Figure there's about a 50/50 whether Coffee is Kel or an elim.

Both Kelsier and the Kandra Spy have an incentive here to cc. If we think this is happening, then shooting outside this pool may be better for us. But then we have a problem if every Ministry worker starts trying this to avoid the exe.

Prima facie, both TUA and Coffee are aggressive enough I could see them trying it.

1 minute ago, The Unknown Order said:

Eh, I'm chilling. Figure there's about a 50/50 whether Coffee is Kel or an elim.

From your POV, this is fine. From my POV, I'm just really glad I didn't target you last Night if you're Evil or Kelsier...

1 minute ago, Aeternum said:

Anyways, tell me when the person who messed with me claims, thank you.

I might actually have to take better notes for this game, arghhh.

I think we really want to track the role and action claims where possible because inconsistencies will help us here.

On further reflection, since Kelsier needs to get exed, I think we could potentially differentiate Kelsier's behaviour as that's not ideal for the Ministry either. The caution is that we don't know if Kelsier is really in play as there are also NPC roles. So the voting issue is a bit more beleaguered. 

As far as I recall, Stick claimed Kelsier in a throwaway possible joke, you claimed VT, I claimed Rebel Spiked and that Drake is Rebel Spiked too, and both Coffee and TUA claim HT. In addition, LightRinger suggests a role that interacter with Aet's.

@The Unknown Order Why those choices?

Well whatever, I will say I chose stick And Aet. 

I'm claiming now because I might not be able to claim later, and because last night before I went to sleep there was nowhere near enough activity 

2 minutes ago, Aeternum said:

Smh

RBM and I are teamies once again!

If your alignments are different, aren't you both screwed :P Only one of you can win. Happy Hunger Games and may the odds be ever in your favour!

5 minutes ago, LightRinger said:

Okay. Lemme get this straight. I’m the matchmaker, and I matched @RoyalBeeMage and @Aeternum. Then I got swapped with Roy. Right?

If TUO is telling the truth, yeah. If he isn't, then you may or may not have been swapped.

Edited to add:

@Aeternum, are you corroborating TUO or Coffee or neither?

Edited by Kasimir

2 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

LightRinger suggests a role that interacter with Aet's.

LightRinger is claiming Matchmaker. They whitetexted it earlier.

3 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

@The Unknown Order Why those choices

Kinda pulled names out of a hat. Distrowise I think they're fairly unlikely to be E, though I have no idea how much the CadCom balanced this. 

pg 1:

Stick - jester (probably a joke)

Aeo - 3p rand (probably a joke)

pg 2:

Kas - complicated something to do with getting spiked maybe

Lightringer - "basically a VT now. Since the night's over." (Apparently has my secrets too)

Kas claims for Drake - "Drake should also be Rebel Spiked"

pg 3:

Lightringer - "Rebel villager person"

Coffeecat - hemalurgic troublemaker

TUO - (CC's Coffeecat) hermalurgic troublemaker, swapped RBM & Lightringer (interesting choice)

Lightringer - Matchmaker, paired me & RBM (this is real btw)

Kas - Rebel Spiked

Coffeecat - swapped Stick & me (INTERESTING)

My notes do not copy paste nicely, and I'm on mobile lol.

7 minutes ago, Aeternum said:

pg 1:

Stick - jester (probably a joke)

Aeo - 3p rand (probably a joke)

pg 2:

Kas - complicated something to do with getting spiked maybe

Lightringer - "basically a VT now. Since the night's over." (Apparently has my secrets too)

Kas claims for Drake - "Drake should also be Rebel Spiked"

pg 3:

Lightringer - "Rebel villager person"

Coffeecat - hemalurgic troublemaker

TUO - (CC's Coffeecat) hermalurgic troublemaker, swapped RBM & Lightringer (interesting choice)

Lightringer - Matchmaker, paired me & RBM (this is real btw)

Kas - Rebel Spiked

Coffeecat - swapped Stick & me (INTERESTING)

My notes do not copy paste nicely, and I'm on mobile 

Same c/p woes:

Lerasium Spiked - Kas N0

Matchmaker - LightRinger

Leader of the Ministry

Ministry Seeker

Seeker

Spiked - Drake, Kas D1

Hemalurgic troublemaker - TUO/Coffee

Drunk

Oracle

Kandra spy

Hazekiller

Kelsier

I'll recolour when not on mobile. We know three of these roles are NPCs. Immediate cc from TUO suggests to me one of Kandra Spy/Kelsier is probably in play as I think the Elims don't want to risk activation of a Hazekiller here?

It does assume people read the rules though. Which...yeah.

Edited to add:

If one of Stick/RBM is the Oracle, things get more messy/fun here depending on your POV.

Edited by Kasimir

Mostly for Drake's benefit since I should be sleeping and he'll be one hecking confused murderhusky when he logs in:

I'll add that the reason I immediately asked Drake who he targeted was because I picked Drake, ended up a Rebel Spiked, and then figured I should Spike Drake again because in the world he targeted a Villager, it gives me three players I can believe are Village barring HT shenanigans, and I thought that was a great result to go into the Day with, even if convincing everyone else of it would be the harder pull. It would have been painful if he had Spiked Kelsier but largely since Rebel Spiked was a Village role, I felt it was alright to care more about helping V!me out than K!me. I think E!me benefits too but anyway, irrelevant. 

Also because I figured I should trust him to not screw me over by Spiking an Elim >>

As it turned out, the most likely results from my inquiries with CadCom are that he Spiked me or didn't send in an action, and I prefer to think we just did a weird shuffle squat dance and Spiked each other last night in an ouroboros of "why are you like this."

But I was so damned worried I'd hit Kelsier or an Elim, especially when I realised I had to pick yet another person to play role roulette with, so I take this as an absolute win 😤

10 minutes ago, Aeternum said:

I just read the rules and am so lost because I might not even know my role and alignment argh. How am I supposed to know what my wincon even is anymore :(

If you're not a Drunk then it only matters if Coffee is the actual HT no? Since TUO didn't claim to target you and I can't see my results making sense with external targeting on Drake's part.

If Coffee is the actual HT then your role and alignment depend on Stick's, with the usual caveats.

Edited to add:

Alternatively, welcome to ONW, it's wild :P

Edited by Kasimir