What's Good?

1 hour ago, iLewoArtist29 said:

Thanks! How many of you guys are writing books, bu the way? I'm writing way too many (exact number used to be... 17, but now it's only 4-5). Try asking Hyper about how many books he's tried to write. It's an appalling number, but I've read all of the one's he's shared. 

Hey! (I know your name in real life but what shall I call you here?)

Want a cookie?

Cookie? Really? I mean like - if you had one, yes, because I love cookies (sorry that was very random) but just call me "iLewo" or smth. Maybe Sable or Caethra if you need to.

Fav Epic... ooh, that's a hard one. I thought Mitosis was fascinating, but I really don't fancy melting into piles of goop like a kandra every time someone plays rock music. Megan's power inspired me to write something, but it's also really unpredictable. Sooo... I don't know, I guess. I liked the Epic who kept the crops growing, because that's actually useful and relatively nice. 

If you could choose your own Epic powers, what would you do? No OP stuff (but what like, actually defines OP anyway??). 

I would probably give myself the ability to use light and darkness to spy on people, or healing. Because who wants to be sick?

3 hours ago, iLewoArtist29 said:

Thanks! How many of you guys are writing books, bu the way? I'm writing way too many (exact number used to be... 17, but now it's only 4-5). Try asking Hyper about how many books he's tried to write. It's an appalling number, but I've read all of the one's he's shared. 

I'm writing books. One currently. I was also working on a longer fantasy epic based around the zodiacs but I've put it on hold until I've finished my current book (set in the Byzantine Empire). I just finished writing a sort-of suspenseful short story, and some months back a 190-page fantasy novel, which is probably my biggest achievement yet. You can find parts from my books in the Creator's Corner, and you can share your own there, too!

13 hours ago, BlueWildRye said:

I'm writing books. One currently. I was also working on a longer fantasy epic based around the zodiacs but I've put it on hold until I've finished my current book (set in the Byzantine Empire). I just finished writing a sort-of suspenseful short story, and some months back a 190-page fantasy novel, which is probably my biggest achievement yet. You can find parts from my books in the Creator's Corner, and you can share your own there, too!

That's really impressive! The longest piece of finished work I've done was about 120 pages. It's part of a trilogy; I intend to make the next books longer. 

Thanks for referring me to Creator's Corner!

18 hours ago, BlueWildRye said:

Dude I wish I could carry a story like that... I have approximately 30 different random ideas I've started and haven't gotten past the two-page mark with, so that's fun!

40 minutes ago, Hyper129 said:

Dude I wish I could carry a story like that... I have approximately 30 different random ideas I've started and haven't gotten past the two-page mark with, so that's fun!

My advice is to pick one and work on only that until you've finished. I like to take quick breaks and write short stories instead, but I always go back to writing the novel I chose. Then when I'm done I move on to my next idea. It's worked so far.

18 hours ago, Hyper129 said:

Yep, you wish. And I have tried to help you... but it's too many. Maybe lump them together instead.

18 hours ago, BlueWildRye said:

My advice is to pick one and work on only that until you've finished. I like to take quick breaks and write short stories instead, but I always go back to writing the novel I chose. Then when I'm done I move on to my next idea. It's worked so far.

Very good advice.