Rithmatist in a world of Radiants

Hey everyone! Long time 17th Shard podcast listener, finally decided to migrate over here to the forums.

Been reading Sanderson since 2014 when I picked up Steelheart and Elantris very close to each other back to back at a Half Priced Books.  

Excited to talk the Cosmere and complain about the lack of Rithmatist content.

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Through The Living Glass said:

If you could visit any country on Roshar for a week, which country would you visit and why?

I would absolutely go to Kasitor in Iri. For one reason I’m blonde so I would blend in best as a world hopper among the Iriali.  Also in case the theories are right I would want to share my experiences with Cusicesh so they can be part of The One. 

9 hours ago, Through The Living Glass said:

ALSO DON'T EAT THE COOKIES.

9 hours ago, Aredor said:

Would you like a cookie

Conflicting messages. Just curious what type of cookies are they? Are they Aether Spore cookies? I am not sure if I would want to be a spore eater

Edited by Keats.The.Listener
Typo

On 7/1/2024 at 10:38 AM, Keats.The.Listener said:

YES! I want more Rithmatist! (Yeah, yeah, he’s looking for the right co-author, yadda yadda) What do you like about Rithmatist?

2 hours ago, Pineap-spider said:

YES! I want more Rithmatist! (Yeah, yeah, he’s looking for the right co-author, yadda yadda) What do you like about Rithmatist?

Top 3 reasons:

1. Fantasy Based Alternative history is one of my favorite subgenres of speculative fiction (e.g., In His Majesty’s Service, 1632)

2. Was a math major in college so love math rooted magic systems.

3. I’m an educator by profession and a college access counselor currently. I see a lot of Joel in my students sometimes.  I will be cosplaying as Professor Fitch one day of Nexus although I’m not sure how many will figure out it is cosplay

On 7/1/2024 at 12:38 PM, Keats.The.Listener said:

On 7/2/2024 at 3:25 PM, Keats.The.Listener said:

Top 3 reasons:

1. Fantasy Based Alternative history is one of my favorite subgenres of speculative fiction (e.g., In His Majesty’s Service, 1632)

2. Was a math major in college so love math rooted magic systems.

3. I’m an educator by profession and a college access counselor currently. I see a lot of Joel in my students sometimes.  I will be cosplaying as Professor Fitch one day of Nexus although I’m not sure how many will figure out it is cosplay

Have you checked out the Rithmatist Forums? Many of the threads are old, but new Sharders looking to discuss the book are few-and-far-between. However, you might find some interesting theories to discuss.