New Planetary Symbol in the Worldhopper Ball Announcement?

Arlin

There where two, as far as I know, never before seen symbols debuted during the announcement of the Worldhoppers Ball yesterday. While one is in the shape of a crescent moon and seems to be representative of the clock used in the video and of the event itself. There was an another key shaped symbol on the clock itself depicted alongside all of the known planetary symbols. 

My question is do we think that this a) A brand new planetary symbol? b) Another symbol related to the event? Or c) A meaningless new design made only to fill space on the clock?

IMG_1468.jpeg

Edited by Arlin

15 minutes ago, Arlin said:

There where two, as far as I know, never before seen symbols debuted during the announcement of the Worldhoppers Ball yesterday. While one is in the shape of a crescent moon and seems to be representative of the clock used in the video and of the event itself. There was an another key shaped symbol on the clock itself depicted alongside all of the known planetary symbols. 

My question is do we think that this a) A brand new planetary symbol? b) Another symbol related to the event? Or c) A meaningless new design made only to fill space on the clock?

IMG_1468.jpeg

First of all, this is Sanderson. There is no way it’s just a symbol made up to fill space. It could be a planetary symbol for a world we’ve already heard of, or one for a new world. I personally think it could be Yolen, since it looks like the general Cosmere symbol, which one might associate with Yolen. Either that or it’s a symbol for Silverlight or something, since the symbol does look like the Cosmere symbol as part of a key, and silverlight is sort of the key to the Cosmere. I really have no idea though.

2 hours ago, Dragon13 said:

We’ve seen the key before- on the Hoid mousepad from the Year of Sanderson boxes. In that image, it appears to be part of a clasp for his cloak.

You’re totally right. I never looked at the contents of the boxes before.

That’s still interesting. I guess we have a symbol for Hoid himself now then or potentially more broadly, to in line with the theme of the event, a symbol for worldhoppers in general.