QF 72 - Phase 2 - Day Cycle

1 minute ago, LightRinger said:

I’m super confused to what’s going on, but I put someone’s name in red if I think they should be voted out?

If you put someone's name in red that means you want to vote them, green if you want to unvote

33 minutes ago, LightRinger said:

Got it! Thanks! So the strategy right now is to elim TUO/Stick?

Yes but Stick is possibly Kelsier now so we're avoiding voting there.

I mean, are we going to explore other options cuz personally I don't really care who dies

7 minutes ago, LightRinger said:

Just claim the role you were given at the start of the night cycle

I did already, no one seems to believe me.

I started as Kelsier.

Edited by Aeternum

lol if u had actually started as kelsier u would have 100% claimed it immediately instead of after i claimed randing kelsier - like u clearly knew ur role had been changed judging by ur first couple of posts this Day

again, doesnt add up! youre all elims 😦

8 minutes ago, Stick. said:

lol if u had actually started as kelsier u would have 100% claimed it immediately instead of after i claimed randing kelsier - like u clearly knew ur role had been changed judging by ur first couple of posts this Day

again, doesnt add up! youre all elims 😦

What

THEN HOW WOULD I WIN AS KELSIER???

Ah yes I totally knew that someone changed my role. Sorry I forgot Kelsier is also an Oracle.

2 minutes ago, Stick. said:

i dont believe u cuz how did u foreshadow this im so confused rn 😭

You're confusing me smh

How did I foreshadow what, idk what you're saying?

As Kelsier, my wincon is/was to get lynched. So I cannot just claim Kelsier at the start of the game and expect to be able to fulfill my wincon. Likewise, I don't want to hint at my role in any way, I just want to be as wolfy and killable as possible. I was specifically trying to play within my wolfrange, so that in a v!Aeo world (since she knows my wolfmeta best probably), she would push for me to get voted (I had this thought about w!Aeo technically wouldn't want to push there since she would know I'm likely Kelsier).

I did not know my role was changed - I think I keep saying lol interpret how you wish, but it was about Lightringer having paired RBM & I, to be transparent. To be completely honest, I did not know that there was role swaps until people started talking about it, lol. That's what I get for not reading the rules.

Since TUO retracted HT claim I think, then we swapped, so I guess I just spin in circles because I don't know what role you were. But I'll play by my original wincon anyway because I don't know better rn.

You do know that if you randed elim, you can just get me killed here and town wins, which would be nice for town considering you decided to townside. Since we swapped, you're not gonna win because no one's going to vote you out. Point being, you Actually claiming is way more helpful here if you do actually want to help town. You claiming to have randed my rand is stupid at this point and incredibly wolfy from my point of view.

I also would not immediately claim even if I wanted town to win because a) it's technically throwing and b) I wanted to see if anyone would dare claim the role I randed. Seems you decided to, which makes me think you randed an elim role. Provided Coffeecat did actually switch up, town could then vote me out and win.

wheeeee

You're all fake, I'm the real Kelsier, getting confirmed a villager by Kas is actually an advanced Kelsier strat you may not know about but it's part of the meta, trust

So anyways now that we've established everybody and/or nobody is Kelsier:

If we execute both the Kandra and a Ministry member, that's still a village win, right? The rules say the Kandra dying counts as a villager death, and the village wins if they hit an elim even if they also hit a villager.

The actual logistics of getting a tied vote might be challenging cuz evils can tiebreak at the last second fairly easily, but it's worth keeping in mind. Technically, killing them all and letting CadCom sort them out is a valid answer to a Kandra problem, which may or may not give us leeway depending on if it's even a Kandra game :P

Anyways!

Can we take a minute to process that TUO has apparently retracted the Hemalurgic Troublemaker claim and is now claiming Hazekiller, which conflicts with Aeoryi's claim?

Minimally, there is very likely 3 evil players that actually know they are evil.

Minimally, Stick, Aeternum, and 1 in <TUO, Aeoryi> is evil. I think this is pretty much confirmed.

I don't particularly think recent events have improved TUO's village equity, but you're welcome to disagree with me on that.

So likely our 3 evil players who actually know that they are evil = Stick, Aeternum, and TUO. We just have to figure out which is which, while they try their hardest to mindgame us into getting it wrong. :P

TUO is claiming hazekiller?

Easy. Eliminate one person, if they're the hazekiller and villa, they vengeful the other claimer. If they aren't the hazekiller, they're ministry.

I'm sorry TUA, but you choose probably the worst claim to fake.

10 minutes ago, DrakeMarshall said:

You're all fake, I'm the real Kelsier, getting confirmed a villager by Kas is actually an advanced Kelsier strat you may not know about but it's part of the meta, trust

wheeeee <- the sound of my laptop flying out the window

11 minutes ago, DrakeMarshall said:

So likely our 3 evil players who actually know that they are evil = Stick, Aeternum, and TUO. We just have to figure out which is which, while they try their hardest to mindgame us into getting it wrong. :P

I don't know if I'm evil, I don't even know what role I am now.

I think you guys are confusing the Hazekiller with the Rogue Hazekiller.

Aeo claimed Hazekiller, the revenge kill role

While TUO claimed Rogue hazekiller, a role who picked me, making me getting lynched TUO's secondary wincon. 

Actually willing to believe this, although it could be misdirection by e!TUO

2 hours ago, Aeternum said:

wheeeee <- the sound of my laptop flying out the window

I don't know if I'm evil, I don't even know what role I am now.

don't worry I gotchu fam, you're definitely evil :P

case 1) you have the role you started out with, which you have said is evil

case 2) you have the role that Stick started with, which Stick has said is evil, and there's not much reason for Stick to say that if she started as a villager

so yes you should be trying to play antivillage right now, get on that!

hope this helps

(edit: ok more seriously, yeah I don't think there's a good way for you or I to determine which evil role you now have, which is a bit of a conundrum for all involved)

1 hour ago, Coffeecat said:

I think you guys are confusing the Hazekiller with the Rogue Hazekiller.

Aeo claimed Hazekiller, the revenge kill role

While TUO claimed Rogue hazekiller, a role who picked me, making me getting lynched TUO's secondary wincon. 

Actually willing to believe this, although it could be misdirection by e!TUO

useful rules note #5 - rogue hazekiller straight up isn't in the distro for this game

Edited by DrakeMarshall

2 hours ago, DrakeMarshall said:

i still think it is stick. this is because aet and myself are lovers meaning that if one of us die both of us loose (I don't actually get to know their alignment!). and because there could be a village/kelsier in with tuo and coffee. if I am reading all of this correctly

1 hour ago, DrakeMarshall said:

don't worry I gotchu fam, you're definitely evil :P

case 1) you have the role you started out with, which you have said is evil

case 2) you have the role that Stick started with, which Stick has said is evil, and there's not much reason for Stick to say that if she started as a villager

so yes you should be trying to play antivillage right now, get on that!

hope this helps

(edit: ok more seriously, yeah I don't think there's a good way for you or I to determine which evil role you now have, which is a bit of a conundrum for all involved)

Today I learned this font is readable on my laptop, but not on mobile. Curse you for doing this to me 😔

Aw you should've told me before I self-voted smh!

37 minutes ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

i still think it is stick. this is because aet and myself are lovers meaning that if one of us die both of us loose (I don't actually get to know their alignment!). and because there could be a village/kelsier in with tuo and coffee. if I am reading all of this correctly

NOPE we do not touch Stick. Sticks are part of nature :P

I actually think there's a high chance I'm an evil role rn.

36 minutes ago, Coffeecat said:

Oh it isn't? Weird

Where is the distro? Did i miss it ;-;

Here's the list of roles in play, it's not in the main rules post, but CadCom shared it when signups were closed.

24 minutes ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

Naturally, you shouldn't vote Aeternum if that'd make you lose, yes :P I wouldn't expect you to do otherwise.

A few things to clarify:

The Coffee/TUO claim contradiction has been resolved. TUO retracted the Hemalurgic Troublemaker claim. Thus, Coffee is the only one claiming that role, and is probably just village.

TUO is now claiming a role that either doesn't exist or conflicts with Aeoryi's existing claim, which he never previously tried to counterclaim. Either way, it seems quite unlikely that his claim is truthful. TUO is not a villager.

It is possible that TUO is Kelsier (or Kandra), but it is similarly posible that Stick is one of those.

The main challenge before us is that we need to somehow judge whether to vote for Stick or TUO. Neither is town, but either could be Kelsier (or Kandra).

That's my assessment of the situation, at least.

As an aside, I'll note that I have literally fakeclaimed Troublemaker before as a villager in a different one night game. The fact that TUO did that isn't intrinsically suspicious, it's the way he's gone about it that pings me as very not village.

And, heck, if he really is on our team, then he's the hazekiller and he can take a shot to win this for the village if we vote him out. Honestly I'm okay with that world. He's probably not, though.

16 minutes ago, Aeternum said:

well yk if anyone would actually listen to me I can tell you that Stick is Kelsier. But moving on.

See, I kinda think I might believe you.

Which further justifies me trying to vote out TUO! :P

I feel like the main world where this doesn't work is if you and Stick are both Ministry, leaving TUO as one of the jester types. Which, is possible, but I choose not to put as much stock in that world.

Vote Tally
Stick. (2): Kasimir, RoyalBeeMage
The Unknown Order (2): DrakeMarshall, Stick.
Aeternum (1): Aeternum

Note that a tied vote is actually probably a bad thing tbh.

If one of these is a jester, they can self-vote right at the end of the day and make us lose.

Maybe it's too early to be worrying about that, but. Something to keep in mind as the day winds down.

Edited by DrakeMarshall

37 minutes ago, DrakeMarshall said:

Here's the list of roles in play, it's not in the main rules post, but CadCom shared it when signups were closed.

Naturally, you shouldn't vote Aeternum if that'd make you lose, yes :P I wouldn't expect you to do otherwise.

A few things to clarify:

The Coffee/TUO claim contradiction has been resolved. TUO retracted the Hemalurgic Troublemaker claim. Thus, Coffee is the only one claiming that role, and is probably just village.

TUO is now claiming a role that either doesn't exist or conflicts with Aeoryi's existing claim, which he never previously tried to counterclaim. Either way, it seems quite unlikely that his claim is truthful. TUO is not a villager.

It is possible that TUO is Kelsier (or Kandra), but it is similarly posible that Stick is one of those.

The main challenge before us is that we need to somehow judge whether to vote for Stick or TUO. Neither is town, but either could be Kelsier (or Kandra).

That's my assessment of the situation, at least.

so either stick or tuo is the kelsier while the other one is an elim... got it.