Full Size Cherry wood Shardblade (Sunraiser)

On 7/20/2024 at 11:36 PM, Ookla said:

Wow! That's beautiful! Well done!

Thank you! I've been considering using wood stains to make the Blade really look like Sunraiser, but have been conflicted on what to use. do you have any ideas or if I should even stain the Blade at all?

This looks amazing. How much does it weigh and are you planing on engraving the Glyphs that are on Sunraiser

5 hours ago, YouKnowYuno said:

Thank you! I've been considering using wood stains to make the Blade really look like Sunraiser, but have been conflicted on what to use. do you have any ideas or if I should even stain the Blade at all?

I would add stain to the handle and guard to make it more distinct from the blade. On the blade itself I would add clear varnish just to protect it and bring out the natural colors. Whatever you do it’s still going to be an amazing work of art and an awesome conversation starter

15 hours ago, Silver Phantom said:

This looks amazing. How much does it weigh and are you planing on engraving the Glyphs that are on Sunraiser

I would add stain to the handle and guard to make it more distinct from the blade. On the blade itself I would add clear varnish just to protect it and bring out the natural colors. Whatever you do it’s still going to be an amazing work of art and an awesome conversation starter

it weighs almost 3 pounds, and yes I'm going to put the glyphs on the blade with a wood burner. alright I will look into the color pattern, thank you!

15 hours ago, Silver Phantom said:

Only three pounds? What kind of wood is it? Also super excited that you did Sunraiser, its my favorite shardblade

Yep! its pure Cherry wood. and same, I love Sunraiser because it reminds me a lot of a mix between a Scottish Claymore and a Zweihander.

14 hours ago, YouKnowYuno said:

I would just varnish it/stain it some nice, natural color. Highlight the wood, rather than hiding it, if you know what I mean. I think it's really pretty as-is, so just touching that up and bringing out the grain would be my preferred choice, if I were the craftsman.

On 7/21/2024 at 11:16 PM, Ookla said:

I would just varnish it/stain it some nice, natural color. Highlight the wood, rather than hiding it, if you know what I mean. I think it's really pretty as-is, so just touching that up and bringing out the grain would be my preferred choice, if I were the craftsman.

Alright, I'll see what I can do. Thank you.

• Clockwork King changed the title to Full Size Cherry wood Shardblade (Sunraiser)