Stardew Valley!

Anybody else love Stardew Valley? Come join me! We can chat about our favorite NPCs to romance and why, the quests we love/hate the most, and anyhhing else Stardew that strikes our fancy!

I know for a fact that when my brother introduced me to this game, I was not expecting to love it as much as I do. It's entertaining enough to keep me going for hours, but the combat doesn't freak me out like Minecraft, and it's super fun to design my farm!

Why do you love Stardew?

OH MY YOBA STARDEW IS MY 1ST-3RD FAVORITE GAME DEPENDING ON WHAT TIME IT IS

10 minutes ago, Through The Living Glass said:

...but I wish that your kids would actually grow beyond toddlers.

There is a final stage, muahahhahahah...... Not that I've ever dove'd my children.

1 hour ago, liverthescourge said:

Shane superiority

Shane was the first NPC I romanced. Now I'm after Elliott, since he and I have aligning interests in writing. :)

Sometimes I wish I could read the full version of Elliott's book(s). Like maybe you could get various chapters of whatever version you chose as Lost Books? But that would probably be too much work on the part of ConcernedApe.

35 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

It's so chill. Probably no accident I racked up the most hours on it while procrastinating from thesis.

Yeah... I've gotten almost 160 hours in this one game since I got it last Fall. Which may not be a lot, compared to the people who get thousands of hours in a game, but for me who plays very few video games overall, it's quite a lot. 

19 hours ago, Ookla said:

We can chat about our favorite NPCs to romance and why, the quests we love/hate the most, and anyhhing else Stardew that strikes our fancy!

Oh, this. I've taken to giving myself a themed farm challenge each run just for the fun of it: stuff like there will be categories of produce or skillsets my farmer can't use, and things I'll focus on, and I try to stick to it and still clear Grandfather's check in two years. It's more for RP than genuine challenge.

I also actually picked up a Retroid Pocket 2s just so I could install Stardew on it and play it while commuting. (There were some other reasons for it but Stardew was a big reason.) I really liked the idea of having Stardew on the go, even if I mostly just get a day or so done each run.

I'm currently playing the Beach Farm and aiming for an Elliot run on the 2s and a Sebastian run with the River Farm (and the new update) on the PC. I haven't played since the Ginger Island update so I've got so much good content to catch up with. My best farm was still a Forest Farm run with Leah (always my fav 😭) where I focused on strawberries, melons, and artichokes.

5 minutes ago, Ookla said:

I've gotten almost 160 hours in this one game since I got it last Fall.

Tell me about it... I daren't check my hours. I stopped Stardew for a while because I made my own mods and was too lazy to check if they needed patching, but also got distracted on other games. It's nice to come back to it though. 

3 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

Oh, this. I've taken to giving myself a themed farm challenge each run just for the fun of it: stuff like there will be categories of produce or skillsets my farmer can't use, and things I'll focus on, and I try to stick to it and still clear Grandfather's check in two years. It's more for RP than genuine challenge.

I also actually picked up a Retroid Pocket 2s just so I could install Stardew on it and play it while commuting. (There were some other reasons for it but Stardew was a big reason.) I really liked the idea of having Stardew on the go, even if I mostly just get a day or so done each run.

I'm currently playing the Beach Farm and aiming for an Elliot run on the 2s and a Sebastian run with the River Farm (and the new update) on the PC. I haven't played since the Ginger Island update so I've got so much good content to catch up with. My best farm was still a Forest Farm run with Leah (always my fav 😭) where I focused on strawberries, melons, and artichokes.

Tell me about it... I daren't check my hours. I stopped Stardew for a while because I made my own mods and was too lazy to check if they needed patching, but also got distracted on other games. It's nice to come back to it though. 

I got Stardew through Steam, and am therefore confronted with my hourage every time I boot up the game. I don't know if there are other ways to get it or not that don't have the hours Right There; I'm not a well-versed gamer in any sense. 

2 minutes ago, Ookla said:

I got Stardew through Steam, and am therefore confronted with my hourage every time I boot up the game. I don't know if there are other ways to get it or not that don't have the hours Right There; I'm not a well-versed gamer in any sense. 

I use the desktop icon to launch Stardew, rather than going through my Steam so that's why I don't see my hours :P Good for my SAN!

15 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

I use the desktop icon to launch Stardew, rather than going through my Steam so that's why I don't see my hours :P Good for my SAN!

Huh. I also go through the desktop icon, but it makes a point of opening Steam every time and it drives me nuts. Is there a way to stop it from doing that?

Just now, Ookla said:

Huh. I also go through the desktop icon, but it makes a point of opening Steam every time and it drives me nuts. Is there a way to stop it from doing that?

Less sure then - it might be because I already tend to have logged into Steam prior to that, so the game just launches without me opening Steam (it's an option in a button but I don't click it.) I also don't bother to look at the Steam window since I'm just logging in, so I click it shut fairly quickly. 

Ooh, I love Stardew. I really should get back into it. I played it 8 hours a day for a week back in 2020 (thanks, quarantine!) and then off and on since then.

My first game I married Leah (no, I don't have a type, what are you talking about) but the second time through I went with Haley, who is surprisingly wonderful if you can be patient with her. (I understand this is a tall order.)

1 hour ago, Slowswift said:

Ooh, I love Stardew. I really should get back into it. I played it 8 hours a day for a week back in 2020 (thanks, quarantine!) and then off and on since then.

My first game I married Leah (no, I don't have a type, what are you talking about) but the second time through I went with Haley, who is surprisingly wonderful if you can be patient with her. (I understand this is a tall order.)

So is being patient with Shane, but I'm stubborn. I'm not surprised that Haley gets better with time. :)

Let's be honest, these are the husband choices:

1. Jerkface drunk (chickens!)

2. Reclusive Victorian writer w/ writer's block

3. Emo Web Developer

4. (slightly misogynistic) Football kid

5. Guitar player

6. Basically non-existent doctor because let's be honest, who actually considered Harvey a viable choice on their first play-through; not to mention he's like a decade older than your player?

So obviously I chose Shane on my first play-through and Sebastian on my second.

I feel like the wife options are so much better, lol.

But that's just me.

Edit: Wanted to do the wives for fun:

1. cRyStAlS

2. Stargazing engineer

3. Adventure time w/ a Ouija board

4. Woodworking

5. Don't talk to me unless you have flowers

6. Schoolteacher

Edited by Through The Living Glass

8 minutes ago, Through The Living Glass said:

Let's be honest, these are the husband choices:

1. Jerkface drunk (chickens!)

2. Reclusive Victorian writer w/ writer's block

3. Emo Web Developer

4. (slightly misogynistic) Football kid

5. Guitar player

6. Basically non-existent doctor because let's be honest, who actually considered Harvey a viable choice on their first play-through; not to mention he's like a decade older than your player?

So obviously I chose Shane on my first play-through and Sebastian on my second.

I feel like the wife options are so much better, lol.

But that's just me.

Edit: Wanted to do the wives for fun:

1. cRyStAlS

2. Stargazing engineer

3. Adventure time w/ a Ouija board

4. Woodworking

5. Don't talk to me unless you have flowers

6. Schoolteacher

YOU FORGOT THE FUNNY SHADOW BOI

HE SO CUTE

On 7/26/2024 at 11:39 AM, Ookla said:

So is being patient with Shane, but I'm stubborn. I'm not surprised that Haley gets better with time. :)

I've heard that Shane's the same way. He's probably who I'd go for, were I inclined to pursue a man in the game.

I will say, there was one hilarious moment where I didn't realize Haley was flirting--there's a cutscene where she shows you a new darkroom in her house and asks if there's anything else you'd like to do while you're there. My response was something like "Oh, do you need help decorating?"

Kissing. She wanted to kiss. :mellow: 

On 7/26/2024 at 2:56 PM, Kasimir said:

Pen-brother, we share the same brain cell 😔

manofculture2.png.333557f8aa82ec315f9ff6d356155ffb.png