Stardew Valley!

7 hours ago, Slowswift said:

I will say, there was one hilarious moment where I didn't realize Haley was flirting--there's a cutscene where she shows you a new darkroom in her house and asks if there's anything else you'd like to do while you're there. My response was something like "Oh, do you need help decorating?"

Kissing. She wanted to kiss. :mellow: 

Brooooo you're just the oblivious fanfic dude, live with it :P

On 7/27/2024 at 4:27 AM, Through The Living Glass said:

6. Basically non-existent doctor because let's be honest, who actually considered Harvey a viable choice on their first play-through; not to mention he's like a decade older than your player?

I went with Harvey on my very first playthrough, largely because I was undecided between Harvey and Leah but was in the doghouse with Leah. In my country, if you're working for Joja (that stage of your life), odds are you are pretty much adult, and that's not how Seb, Abby, et al were written for me (late teens to young adult), so despite the egg hunt, I considered them all off-limits.

1 hour ago, Kasimir said:

Brooooo you're just the oblivious fanfic dude, live with it :P

I went with Harvey on my very first playthrough, largely because I was undecided between Harvey and Leah but was in the doghouse with Leah. In my country, if you're working for Joja (that stage of your life), odds are you are pretty much adult, and that's not how Seb, Abby, et al were written for me (late teens to young adult), so despite the egg hunt, I considered them all off-limits.

Well color me surprised.

I didn't even know Harvey existed for a good long while my first game. 😂

I loooove Stardew. I haven't played in a while though, need to get back to my farm 😄

I feel like I've played so much of the game but I still have so much I haven't seen! Oh and my two romances have been Leah and Emily so far. I love Leah's little cottage on the water.

When I first played the game I was super bad about giving birthday gifts and consistently talking to people (I guess I was just hyper focused on my farm lol) but this run has been a lot better for that. Finally getting to know some of the characters I missed on out before.

Just now, Slowswift said:

I knooooowwww 😭 But what was I supposed to do? I thought she hated me, I wasn't gonna kiss her out of nowhere!

Brooooo you're the oblivious fanfic dude fr I s2g 😂 How is this not textbook

1 minute ago, Kasimir said:

Brooooo you're the oblivious fanfic dude fr I s2g 😂 How is this not textbook

I mean, to be fair, I could tell she was starting to warm up, but by that point I was not expecting her to make a move like that. Besides, I was trying to be a gentleman! (In other words, you're exactly right.)

I'm gonna go boot up Stardew and sulk with my tsundere wife. 

51 minutes ago, BlueWildRye said:

The real question is which marriage candidate has the best character arc?

Reveal hidden contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents

Wrong it's Shayne

Honestly I don't know enough about each candidate to choose yet

Spoiler

But yeah

Spoiler

It's totally Shane

25 minutes ago, Through The Living Glass said:

Hide contents

But yeah

Hide contents

It's totally Shane

I've only married Penny and Haley but I've gotten 8 hearts with everyone else so that's pretty much their entire character arc minus the 10 heart cutscenes.

40 minutes ago, Through The Living Glass said:

Hide contents

But yeah

Hide contents

It's totally Shane

You can look them up on the wiki. That way you can learn about the cutscenes before you reach them. That's what I did, and it makes it a lot easier to know which answer the NPC is looking for. 

1 hour ago, BlueWildRye said:

Which of the racers you guys usually bet on in the new Desert Festival?

Reveal hidden contents
  Hide contents

Speed Rooster for life

Hah!

Spoiler

I have Switch.

so

Spoiler

I don't have the newest update yet :ph34r:

1 minute ago, Through The Living Glass said:

Hah!

Hide contents

I have Switch.

so

Hide contents

Oh dang it's really great. I'll try not to spoil it unless you've already read the change log and stuff.

On 8/2/2024 at 10:18 PM, Through The Living Glass said:

Hah!

Hide contents

I have Switch.

so

Hide contents

I'm on PC and have the update, but I haven't gone to the Desert Festival yet. Mostly because the Skull Cavern is the last place in the game that can give me an adrenaline rush. (I finished most of Ginger Island before I entered Skull Cavern seriously, even though most people seem to think it's a tougher challenge. It's not. Not really. And the music is better. [I'm using intentionally oblique phrasing to avoid spoiling the endgame to anyone who hasn't made it yet, sorry if it's weird.])

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Slowswift said:

Does anyone else hate fishing as much as I do?

I used to, and I just wouldn't fish. But then I started doing it more, and getting the advanced rods, and now I'm (kinda) good at it. I still get most of the fish for the Community Center from my cat, though.

16 hours ago, WildRye said:

I used to, and I just wouldn't fish. But then I started doing it more, and getting the advanced rods, and now I'm (kinda) good at it. I still get most of the fish for the Community Center from my cat, though.

I'm glad to hear it gets better. That's what I had thought, but my loathing for it has thus far kept me from trying to get better rods or things like that. I suppose next winter I'll dedicate to improving there.

On 8/2/2024 at 10:18 PM, Through The Living Glass said:

Hah!

Hide contents

I have Switch.

so

Hide contents

you. We need to make a sharder farm. I have it on switch and xbox

1 minute ago, Through The Living Glass said:

That would be awesome!

But... my siblings and I aren't allowed to play online with other people ('cept our cousins)

sorry dangit.

:( Sad day.