Hi, folks! I have been working on a Stormlight Archive Fanfiction, and could use a beta reader or two. I am not sure if this is an acceptable place to ask? If not, I will delete as directed! Currently at over 8K and the outline has another 30 or so chapters thus far. I am a first time reader and very much in over my head.

Summary:

When the battle for the Oathgate in Shadesmar takes a deadly turn, everything starts to unravel - kingdoms, alliances, even families. Now the fate of Roshar depends on a princeling's sewing lessons.

“Darning socks is easy, my little light. There are other things - hearts, and minds, and people - that are far harder to mend. But you have clever hands, and a gentle heart…”

“And a needle?” Adolin said, beaming and holding up the little sewing kit in a chubby hand.

Evi smiled.

“And a needle."

---

Just to add: this will have a great deal to do with Adolin reviving Maya and the "resurrection" of Deadeyes influencing the attitude of spren toward forming new bonds.

Edited by SticksandStones
Additional context and cautionary spoiler warnings

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/31/2024 at 12:27 PM, SticksandStones said:

Hi, folks! I have been working on a Stormlight Archive Fanfiction, and could use a beta reader or two. I am not sure if this is an acceptable place to ask? If not, I will delete as directed! Currently at over 8K and the outline has another 30 or so chapters thus far. I am a first time reader and very much in over my head.

Summary:

When the battle for the Oathgate in Shadesmar takes a deadly turn, everything starts to unravel - kingdoms, alliances, even families. Now the fate of Roshar depends on a princeling's sewing lessons.

“Darning socks is easy, my little light. There are other things - hearts, and minds, and people - that are far harder to mend. But you have clever hands, and a gentle heart…”

“And a needle?” Adolin said, beaming and holding up the little sewing kit in a chubby hand.

Evi smiled.

“And a needle."

---

Just to add: this will have a great deal to do with Adolin reviving Maya and the "resurrection" of Deadeyes influencing the attitude of spren toward forming new bonds.

Hey man, I would love to help! I love writing and helping others do so. just P.M. me the link or however you want to do this.

https://archiveofourown.org/works/57846376/chapters/147237433

Here is what I have so far. I have a word doc I've been playing with, as well (though it is being a bit grouchy at the moment). Take a look above, if you like what you see, feel free to let me know and you can check out the outline I have for the rest of the story. Like I said, this is spiraling out of control and seems to be careening toward high treason, capital punishment, BAM, spren politics, mucking with investiture, worldhopping, and certain characters from SA and other parts of the Cosmere working out how to flagrantly ignore the rules as written. Our three protagonists are kind of just dragged along on an increasingly absurd ride that none of them really want to be on. 

So yeah, help!