Pokémon RP Interest/Signups

Spark of Hope

Posted (edited)

@Cash67 @The Stormfather @Scars of Hathsin @Glosss @RoyalBeeMage @Exotic Almond @Just_a_Fan

The following spoiler box contains a list of starters you can choose from. Only one person may have each species. You will have this partner with you as the RP starts, not receive it from a professor figure. As everyone tells me the starter they will have, I will strikethrough so you know which ones are taken. Now, CHOOSE YOUR STARTER! (If you can think of a three-stage, non-stone evolution Pokémon that is not on this list, ask for approval and you might be able to use them. I didn't have access to Serebii/Bulbapedia/Pokémon Database when compiling this list.)

Spoiler

Bug - Caterpie, Weedle, Grubbin, Blipbug, Scatterbug, Sewaddle

Dark - Impidimp, Galarian Zigzagoon

Dragon - Dratini, Axew, Goomy, Bagon, Gible, Deino, Jangmo-O, Frigibax

Electric - Pichu, Mareep, Pawmi, Elekid, Shinx

Fairy - Cleffa, Togepi, Igglybuff, Flebébé

Fighting - Mankey, Machop

Fire - Magby, Litwick

Flying - Pidgey, Starly, Pidove, Fletchling, Pikipek, Rookidee

Ghost - Ghastly, Dreepy

Grass - Bellsprout, Hoppip, Seedot, Lotad, Smoliv

Ground - Rhyhorn, Trapinch

Ice - Spheal, Swinub

Normal - Happiny, Whismur

Poison - Nidoran M, Nidoran F, Zubat

Psychic - Abra's the only non-split option I could find, possibly could open this up to Ralts

Rock - Aron, Larvitar, Roggenrola, Rolycoly

Steel - Pawniard, Magnemite, Beldum

Water - Tympole, Horsea, Marill

~~~

Poké Marts:

Poké Marts are places to buy and sell items for your or your Pokémon’s benefit. You can buy potions, Poké Balls and held items. All items in the Poké Marts cost what they would in Pokémon Scarlet/Violet except that there is no Delibird Presents or Chansey Supply, all items can be bought at any time at the Poké Mart. More items will become available as you earn more Gym badges. Poké Marts and Pokémon Centers will be run by @Exotic Almond .

Money:

Everyone starts with a set amount of money (image.png.9014bee340fe96d68cad4b63e5165411.png1,500). You can ask a Game Master to fight an NPC Trainer to get a little bit of money (determined by them depending on the Trainer class). 3-5 Trainer classes will be offered depending on location, and you may choose which class to battle. Amulet Coin, Payday etc also grants extra money. If 2 players battle, the loser gives 1/10 of their money to the victor. PLEASE KEEP TRACK OF HOW MUCH MONEY YOU HAVE. THIS WILL MAKE IT EASIER WHEN BUYING SO EVERYONE KNOWS WHAT THEY CAN AFFORD.

Item:

Items such as Potions and Revives cannot be used in battle but outside of battle is fine. Held items do function in battle. Depending on what items you possess, you may ask to change a Pokémon's held item. You can also ask a GM to go on a little adventure to find an item you want. It may take a bit to set up but, in the end you’ll probably battle some ‘Mons and trainers. The GM can also determine that you just find an item while out exploring.

Evolutions:

Pokémon that evolve based on level up will evolve at GM discretion. Pokémon that evolve with stones will still evolve with stones, which may be found or purchased at specialty shops. Pokémon with quest evolutions (i.e. Galarian Farfetch'd or Primeape) will evolve at GM discretion. Pokémon with wacky evolution tactics (i.e. Galarian Yamask) will evolve via stone. The following spoiler box contains a list of every stone that will be available. Pokémon that evolve via trading with another Trainer will evolve at GM discretion.

Spoiler

Bug - Amber Stone

Dark - Shadow Stone

Dragon - Drake Stone

Electric - Thunder Stone

Fairy - Shiny Stone, Moon Stone

Fighting - Brawl Stone

Fire - Fire Stone

Flying - Wind Stone

Ghost - Dusk Stone

Grass - Leaf Stone

Ground - Sod Stone

Ice - Ice Stone

Normal - Blank Stone

Poison - Toxic Stone

Psychic - Dawn Stone

Rock - Shale Stone

Steel - Iron Stone

Water - Water Stone

Gyms/Pokémon League:

There will be a Gym for 14 Pokémon types. The remaining four types will be the Elite Four. A list of Gym Leaders and their towns/cities is attached below. You may choose any eight to battle. The Gym Leader's Pokémon will scale to the level of yours. The teams of the Elite Four and Champion will not be revealed.

Spoiler

Addi, Normal. Bezne City

Rose, Grass. Trava Town

Kai, Water. Voda City

Raiden, Electric. Blesk Town

Lyra, Flying. Vetru City

Behan, Bug. Chyba Town

Noxara, Poison. Jedovaté

Aaron, Ground. Zeme City

Pierce, Ice. Ledové

Faye, Fairy. Vila Town

Rune, Psychic. Dusevni

Airiel, Ghost. Ducha City

Aiden, Dark. Temnota Town

Kaliyah, Dragon. Kacer City

Evil Organization:

The evil organization will be revealed after the RP begins. 

RPing will begin September 2nd. There is not a set hour when it will begin.

If you want, you may post your character and their starter on this thread, or you may PM me. PLEASE use some form of communication to give us your character's name, starter, and the town where they will begin their Pokémon journey.

Edited by Spark of Hope

3 minutes ago, Exotic Almond said:

I'm gonna have to switch my town over to Vila town bc my introduction is going to need another person.

@Spark of Hope

All good.

@Cash67 @Scars of Hathsin

I don't mean to be like a dictator or anything, but can you pick one of the towns from the post with the Gym leaders? This is in a non-canon region, and I'd prefer if I don't have to immediately fly you into that region or something

16 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

All good.

I don't mean to be like a dictator or anything, but can you pick one of the towns from the post with the Gym leaders? This is in a non-canon region, and I'd prefer if I don't have to immediately fly you into that region or something

originally from Jubilife, family recently moved to Temnota

51 minutes ago, Cash67 said:

originally from Jubilife, family recently moved to Temnota

Thank you!

1 hour ago, Just_a_Fan said:

Character: "Evan"

Starter: Eevee (...???)

Town: lavender 

Backstory: iseki'd from the pmd world after his dad slew Arceus. 

I’m going to veto that Eevee, sorry. We’re doing 3-stage non-split evos that don’t have stones for starters

8 hours ago, Spark of Hope said:

I’m going to veto that Eevee, sorry. We’re doing 3-stage non-split evos that don’t have stones for starters

ok then... shinx is nice...

(would it be fine if my character has a pet vulpix, not for battling, but just, as a pet?)

1 hour ago, Just_a_Fan said:

ok then... shinx is nice...

(would it be fine if my character has a pet vulpix, not for battling, but just, as a pet?)

Sure!

12 hours ago, Spark of Hope said:

All good.

you dont need to worry about that, your question is perfectly reasonable. I have done it already

17 hours ago, Exotic Almond said:

Wait! Arven!?

@Exotic Almond

yes, but actually no, he's a royal therapist.

Roaryk, his pet vulpix, is his therapy fox... that has crippling hemophobia and PTSD due to her [Roaryk] having been kidnapped by a psycho meowstic at a young age, his best friend reincarnated as a shiny eevee, and the shinx has a Phancero sealed inside it.

he is the straight man of the bunch.

Edited by Just_a_Fan

Hello! and welcome to the world of pokemon! I shalt be Baron Ron Anoldson, known to his friends as "zip." he holds ancient pokemon on his belt, but nonetheless he wishes to show the world that just because something is old doesnt mean it is weak.

11 hours ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

Hello! and welcome to the world of pokemon! I shalt be Baron Ron Anoldson, known to his friends as "zip." he holds ancient pokemon on his belt, but nonetheless he wishes to show the world that just because something is old doesnt mean it is weak.

So, who's your starter and what's your starting town?

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

Glad to see you'll be joining! Yes, please pick a starter from the list on this page, as well as a town from the gym leader box. (Based on your description, I'm guessing you'll want rock types, as well as the town of the ground gym leader, but it's up to you)

23 minutes ago, Exotic Almond said:

So, who's your starter and what's your starting town?

Edited by Spark of Hope

1 hour ago, Spark of Hope said:

Glad to see you'll be joining! Yes, please pick a starter from the list on this page, as well as a town from the gym leader box. (Based on your description, I'm guessing you'll want rock types, as well as the town of the ground gym leader, but it's up to you)

Larvitar.