Hiii~ :)

I haven't read a single Brandon Sanderson book, but I've been wanting to and I think it'll be nice to know you all when I start on that journey. So hi!

ALSO. You have HUNGER GAMES RP. This UI won't need to grow on me like most sites' do and I'd join a community for writers and artists anyway but omg hunger games rp

46 minutes ago, Glosss said:

I haven't read a single Brandon Sanderson book, but I've been wanting to and I think it'll be nice to know you all when I start on that journey. So hi!

ALSO. You have HUNGER GAMES RP. This UI won't need to grow on me like most sites' do and I'd join a community for writers and artists anyway but omg hunger games rp

Yes! You should join the next one! Also you should get started on some of Brandon’s books, they are awesome. 

Anyways, welcome to the shard! What are you favorite books?

1 hour ago, ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ said:

Yes! You should join the next one! Also you should get started on some of Brandon’s books, they are awesome. 

Anyways, welcome to the shard! What are you favorite books?

I will on both! :)

Not sure if this should be asked elsewhere, but what would you recommend me to start with?

For my favorite books, I'd say Gone with the Wind, the first Hunger Games, Call Me by Your Name, Shipped by Meredith Tate, and Circe and The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller... which ends up being a controversial mix but it is what it is.

3 hours ago, Glosss said:

I will on both! :)

Not sure if this should be asked elsewhere, but what would you recommend me to start with?

For my favorite books, I'd say Gone with the Wind, the first Hunger Games, Call Me by Your Name, Shipped by Meredith Tate, and Circe and The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller... which ends up being a controversial mix but it is what it is.

Well most people start with the Mistborn trilogy.

…but if your up for it, my favorite series is by far Stormlight Archive, but they are all huge books so it is a commitment.

Welcome to the Shard!!!

As a veteran, our Hunger games RP's are always super fun. I'd love to see you in our next one! The current one is meant to finish around the middle to end of August, and a new one should start up soon after. Each game is inspired by a Branden Sanderson work, and includes magic systems and worldbuilding from the chosen book. 

I recommend Mistborn to start when it come to Brandon (as most people would). You can really start anywhere, but the cool thing about Brandon is he makes references to his other works in later books. The Stormlight Archive and some of his latest books like Tress of Emerald Sea are full of fun easter eggs.

Do you like bagels? If so what kind?

(Don't take the cookie).

Edited by J. Magi

Posted (edited)
On 8/6/2024 at 9:44 PM, Aeternum said:

Welcome to the Shard! That reminds me, someone told me I should join the hunger games :lol:

Which Brandon Sanderson book are you planning on reading first?

It looks like I'm starting with Mistborn!

On 8/6/2024 at 11:05 PM, J. Magi said:

Welcome to the Shard!!!

As a veteran, our Hunger games RP's are always super fun. I'd love to see you in our next one! The current one is meant to finish around the middle to end of August, and a new one should start up soon after. Each game is inspired by a Branden Sanderson work, and includes magic systems and worldbuilding from the chosen book. 

I recommend Mistborn to start when it come to Brandon (as most people would). You can really start anywhere, but the cool thing about Brandon is he makes references to his other works in later books. The Stormlight Archive and some of his latest books like Tress of Emerald Sea are full of fun easter eggs.

Do you like bagels? If so what kind?

(Don't take the cookie).

Thanks for the info! I'm looking forward to it.

A plain bagel and coffee became my signature breakfast when I happened to have plain bagels and was too chronically sleep deprived to wake up early for anything else. Really I'd eat any bagel, but blueberry bagels are my favorite. (Shoutout to everything bagels. EEAAO my beloved)

What about you? :) 

On 8/6/2024 at 11:14 PM, Through The Living Glass said:

'Sup! Welcome to the Shard!!

Team Peeta or Team Gale?

DON'T EAT THE COOKIES.

Oh gosh, I hated Peeta for years. I found him so annoying and was Team Gale forever on the basis that he was a competent hunter and worked well with Katniss in that regard. The one scene in the first book where Peeta tried to go hunting with Katniss in the arena and failed miserably? Totally cemented it for me.

That was junior high. I ignored Peeta's narrative importance, refused to acknowledge how he complements Katniss, and skipped over every nuance in his character besides "sunny baker boy." As of my last reread (around a year ago), I definitely appreciate those things more and what do you know, it makes him less annoying to read about. I still see what I liked about Gale, and I was always aware that his relationship with Katniss was unhealthy- I just enjoyed the existence of the toxic dynamic. I mean, I can only pick Peeta in good faith, but Hunger Games shipping wars don't really exist in 2024 and I wouldn't participate in them if they did.

What's wrong with the cookies? o.o I like cookies...

Edited by Glosss

Posted (edited)
On 8/6/2024 at 11:17 PM, Scars of Hathsin said:

Welcome to the Shard! If you had to live in a fantasy book, which one would it be?

Not a book, but I read a visual novel once and the way the seemingly basic magic system interacted with the world was just so silly in the best way. All the worldbuilding really. There was an overpowered serial killer but he only targeted twins so no major threats either. I'd live there.

Unrelated: I said Hunger Games RP because that seems to be the one I'd join here but I'm eager for any paragraph form RP haha. I miss those days.

Edited by Glosss

10 hours ago, Glosss said:

A plain bagel and coffee became my signature breakfast when I happened to have plain bagels and was too chronically sleep deprived to wake up early for anything else. Really I'd eat any bagel, but blueberry bagels are my favorite. (Shoutout to everything bagels. EEAAO my beloved)

What about you? :) 

Nice! I really like a cinnamon raison bagel, toasted with cream cheese in the center.

On 8/12/2024 at 1:54 PM, Glosss said:

What's wrong with the cookies? o.o I like cookies...

Edited yesterday at 01:54 PM by Glosss

Nothing. Here have my spoiler free cookies. We have 16 basic flavors like iron, copper or gold. We also have 3 special flavors and are actively experimenting with several more