Poll: Who will win the contest of champions?

Poll: Who will win the contest of champions?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the contest of champions?

• Dalinar/Honor’s Champion
    • Odium’s Champion
    • Dalinar/Honor, but it’s a pyrrhic victory
    • The contest won’t happen
    • The contest will happen, but it won’t have much effect
    • Odium, Pyrrhic victory

On 8/12/2024 at 5:29 PM, Subvisual Haze said:

Odium wins, Dalinar leads his foreign legion but life on Roshar is surprisingly chill once the active fighting stops.

Do you really think Odium is going to allow life to be chill? At the very least he will oppress his new slaves to such an extent that their lives will not remotely be chill.

42 minutes ago, coolsnow7 said:

Do you really think Odium is going to allow life to be chill? At the very least he will oppress his new slaves to such an extent that their lives will not remotely be chill.

Even the old Rayse was offering to leave the system if Dalinar released Honor's bonds holding him in system (until the power raged out and said it'd come back to destroy Cultivation anyways).  T hasn't lost control to the shard yet like Rayse did and personally has no interest in trashing Roshar.  It's the ideal time for peace really.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/12/2024 at 4:45 PM, alder24 said:

I believe there will be no winner. Odium will force Dalinar to break the terms of the contest before it ends.

Isn't Dalinar breaking the terms the same as Odium winning? Dalinar would be in Odiums power, meaning he would have to free him, serve as fused, etc. 

11 minutes ago, CtrlAltDepressed said:

Isn't Dalinar breaking the terms the same as Odium winning? Dalinar would be in Odiums power, meaning he would have to free him, serve as fused, etc. 

The question is about winning the contest, if there is no contest, nobody can win it. But Odium will win in the end, but not through the contest.

What’s funny to me is that right now Honor’s champion winning is losing the poll. It’s times like this where I think it’s unfortunate that we already know that there will be another series of Stormlight and that the only ostensibly guaranteed good ending is after book 10.

3 minutes ago, basement_boi said:

What’s funny to me is that right now Honor’s champion winning is losing the poll. It’s times like this where I think it’s unfortunate that we already know that there will be another series of Stormlight and that the only ostensibly guaranteed good ending is after book 10.

I guess Honor is dead then, since the hearts of men don't believe in him.

Realistically, I think that Brandon is very aware and very careful of the information he's given out about book 5. For one example, every single chapter release has changed who we think the wind is. I also have no idea if kaladin will live or die (or potential ascend or become a herald). I think that the way the contest goes and the loophole are going to surprise us.

Odium wins but Pyrrhic victory.  There will be a new stalemate between the shards for the back 5 to resolve. My pet theory is Dalinar ascends to Honor AND is made part of the Oathpact by Ishar. The Oathpact was beween Honor and the Heralds. Dalinar is now both Shard and Herald he can alter the deal to trap Odium instead of just the Fused.  So long as Dalinar remains on Braize Odium is trapped there.  I think this still works if Dalinar is a Fused since the Fused go back to Braize automatically which would trigger the lock. I'm assuming Ishar altered it to so that Dalinar was enough similar to how Taln by himself was enough.

I don't have all the details ironed out, always another secret, but the end state is both Dalinar and Taravangian on Braize arguing endlessly a callback to RoW when Dalinar said he hoped one day they'd be able to sit and talk like they used to. 

1 hour ago, Child of Hodor said:

Odium wins but Pyrrhic victory.  There will be a new stalemate between the shards for the back 5 to resolve. My pet theory is Dalinar ascends to Honor AND is made part of the Oathpact by Ishar. The Oathpact was beween Honor and the Heralds. Dalinar is now both Shard and Herald he can alter the deal to trap Odium instead of just the Fused.  So long as Dalinar remains on Braize Odium is trapped there.  I think this still works if Dalinar is a Fused since the Fused go back to Braize automatically which would trigger the lock. I'm assuming Ishar altered it to so that Dalinar was enough similar to how Taln by himself was enough.

I don't have all the details ironed out, always another secret, but the end state is both Dalinar and Taravangian on Braize arguing endlessly a callback to RoW when Dalinar said he hoped one day they'd be able to sit and talk like they used to. 

Part of becoming a fused is that Dalinar would have to do what odium told him, so Odium could just force Dalinar as a herald to “break” and let him back to Roshar