Alchemy RP Planning and Signups

Dragonheir

On 8/23/2024 at 8:18 AM, Dragonheir said:

That’d make him a believer in old theories like time and space being mutable. Not like that’s true in real life or anything… :ph34r: There are some fundamental revelations to be made, though. 

All four elements are good for breaking things, but levity compressed in adamant makes the best actual explosive. And you’ve got bottled pholestegen (the spelling of which I apparently butchered. It’s supposed to be phlogiston…), which can set fire to stuff. 

Some relegations to make hey? Now I know what I’m doing.

On 8/25/2024 at 1:38 AM, Dragonheir said:

This is fewer people than I would like, but it’ll probably work. I’ll set up an actual thread in a day or two. 

That’s fine 

11 hours ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

Some relegations to make hey? Now I know what I’m doing.

I don’t understand that sentence, but I’m assuming you mean something along the lines of “are there any other rules I need to know”. 
Your character should probably have a regular job, or be training for one, but said job would utilize alchemy instead of real-life science. Computers haven’t been invented yet, but most other things have. A character with a reason to investigate strange happenings would be preferred. 

12 hours ago, Dragonheir said:

I don’t understand that sentence, but I’m assuming you mean something along the lines of “are there any other rules I need to know”. 
Your character should probably have a regular job, or be training for one, but said job would utilize alchemy instead of real-life science. Computers haven’t been invented yet, but most other things have. A character with a reason to investigate strange happenings would be preferred. 

i meant revelations... would it make sence for a character who is investigating all the paranormal ish stuff happening?

1 minute ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

i meant revelations... would it make sence for a character who is investigating all the paranormal ish stuff happening?

If you want to help run plot things, you can PM me. 
You could have something to do with plastic, immortality, specific alchemical formulas for materials, spontaneous generation, new machines such as cars and telegraphs, or astronomy and space exploration. Those are all fields of research that are considered possible, but not fully explored. 

1 hour ago, Dragonheir said:

If you want to help run plot things, you can PM me. 
You could have something to do with plastic, immortality, specific alchemical formulas for materials, spontaneous generation, new machines such as cars and telegraphs, or astronomy and space exploration. Those are all fields of research that are considered possible, but not fully explored. 

is it possible to be a paranormal investigator who is a crazy scientist on the side? only asking because you mentioned that there are strange things happening across the world.

10 hours ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

is it possible to be a paranormal investigator who is a crazy scientist on the side? only asking because you mentioned that there are strange things happening across the world.

Yeah, that would work. 

1 hour ago, Dragonheir said:

Yeah, that would work. 

Yay! Time to create Dresden for this world!

also unrelated but is this world geocentric or heliocentric? Is flat earth theory popular or not so much?

Just now, RoyalBeeMage said:

Yay! Time to create Dresden for this world!

also unrelated but is this world geocentric or heliocentric? Is flat earth theory popular or not so much?

Geocentric, but the earth is round (in fact, it is a perfect sphere except for mountains and other landforms, which is not true in our world.)

8 minutes ago, Dragonheir said:

Geocentric, but the earth is round (in fact, it is a perfect sphere except for mountains and other landforms, which is not true in our world.)

Geocentric… interesting. So the sun orbits the earth…