Nerd(Eddie)

To day, ladies and gentleman, we determine the long argued, but always known, outcome of whether @Edema Rueis or is not a nerd. Those against the accusation of nerd, would you please identify yourselves. 
Those in support of the claim, please identify yourselves.

This is a court. Any Tom foolery will be dealt with through the United States legal system.please understand that if you have something to say, you must ask the judge permission to interrupt, or wait your turn.

Edited by ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ

I support the claim that Edema Rue is a nerd.

However, as her self-proclaimed therapist, I have discovered, and am afraid to say, that logical evidence seems to have no effect on her.

I propose we settle this legal case quickly to give her legal status as a nerd, and then move onto convincing her of that status once it has been assigned.

Spoiler

Also, why is this in the RP subforum?

Edited by The Bookwyrm

2 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents

“I’m not a nerd.”

Yes. This is your punishment for abandoning 'My Turn' when the plot was just getting good. 

Spoiler

jkjk

I would also like to testify that Eddie is, in fact, a nerd.

Evidence being our pfp's, and discussion over them this evening.

2 minutes ago, Through The Living Glass said:
  Hide contents

The fact that this has happened before tho

I remain a neutral party.

...But why?

The evidence is unignorable.

I mean, go look at the SUs where she and J. Magi are ranting about Arcane as we speak.

@J. Magi, back me up.

EDIT: She ninja'd me and backed me up before I asked.

Edited by The Bookwyrm

2 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

...But why?

The evidence is unignorable.

I mean, go look at the SUs where she and J. Magi are ranting about Arcane as we speak.

@J. Magi, back me up.

EDIT: She ninja'd me and backed me up before I asked.

lol I got ur back and you don't even have to ask

7 minutes ago, ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ said:

@The Bookwyrm how do you define a nerd?

Hm...it's impossible to define precisely. I'm not going to go to the general "google it" definition, as that will not serve our purposes here. Additionally, there are certain parties in the world that the status we are reffering to is not "nerd", it is "geek", but I feel as though in this specific setting the difference is arbitrary.

Essentially, for our purposes, a nerd is one who has a great interest and investment in a specific interest, such as a hobby or form of media, to the point that it becomes an aspect of their personality (not always in a bad way.) These interest are usually not exclusive, and in fact, many nerds grow to develop multiple areas of interest over their lives. It's what allows them to grow into such amazing people.

Eddie has proven that she has many interests that she holds great investment in, and they serve to define her character and help her grow. They help her form freindships and bond with those who share those interests, as so neatly evidenced by the Arcane discussion SUs.

With this evidence taken into account, the only conclusion is that she is indeed a nerd.

If more evidence is required, I'd be happy to organize a search through her content history to find more.

EDIT: [Also psst @Experience get over here as soon as you can]

Edited by The Bookwyrm

54 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Hm...it's impossible to define precisely. I'm not going to go to the general "google it" definition, as that will not serve our purposes here. Additionally, there are certain parties in the world that the status we are reffering to is not "nerd", it is "geek", but I feel as though in this specific setting the difference is arbitrary.

Essentially, for our purposes, a nerd is one who has a great interest and investment in a specific interest, such as a hobby or form of media, to the point that it becomes an aspect of their personality (not always in a bad way.) These interest are usually not exclusive, and in fact, many nerds grow to develop multiple areas of interest over their lives. It's what allows them to grow into such amazing people.

Eddie has proven that she has many interests that she holds great investment in, and they serve to define her character and help her grow. They help her form freindships and bond with those who share those interests, as so neatly evidenced by the Arcane discussion SUs.

With this evidence taken into account, the only conclusion is that she is indeed a nerd.

If more evidence is required, I'd be happy to organize a search through her content history to find more.

EDIT: [Also psst @Experience get over here as soon as you can]

Hmmm, a compelling argument? A reply from @Edema Rue?

12 minutes ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

i would like to prepose that she is actually a geek and not a nerd. i am a geek and understand her

How does a geek differ to you?

20 minutes ago, Experience said:

GESP

Eddie is a nerd!!!

If this is a roleplay, I don't know if I'll be able to be super active in it. But I fully support the cause.

I feel like if it's a roleplay it's all of us roleplaying an intervention with Eddie.

As per my stance on the "Eddie is a nerd" debate.

Deep down, I do think she is one.

However, she says she has reasons for claiming not to be one.

Until those reasons are revealed, I will not make a militant stance either way...

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Despite the fact that I secretly want to

Spoiler

But I won't out of respect for Eddie

Spoiler

Dang moral code

Well, if we're actually going to RP-ify this...

Bookwyrm re-entered the room in an immaculate suit. 

"I have a question for the accused," he said, loud enough for everyone to hear. "Though I don't think the word 'accused' is appropriate in this case...it is stated that you have personal reasons for not self-identifying under the qualifier of 'nerd'. However, I have yet to hear those reasons stated, in all my time aware of this case. Can you please list those reasons?"

@Edema Rue

EDIT: ...This is just going to become another Sacrifice, isn't it?

Edited by The Bookwyrm

57 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Bookwyrm re-entered the room in an immaculate suit. 

"I have a question for the accused," he said, loud enough for everyone to hear. "Though I don't think the word 'accused' is appropriate in this case...it is stated that you have personal reasons for not self-identifying under the qualifier of 'nerd'. However, I have yet to hear those reasons stated, in all my time aware of this case. Can you please list those reasons?"

@Edema Rue

Yes, yes it is…

and I have ANOTHER math test right as it’s starting