Nerd(Eddie)

5 hours ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

Richard sits in a corner and cries. "Why must we have ridiculous courtrooms like this..."

“Well what else is it being used for? It’s not been used since the stick custody war.”

2 hours ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Can I be defense attorney Eddie?

@Edema Rue 
“And why does the prosecution believe that my client is a nerd? What evidence do you have against her?” @The Bookwyrm

Edited by RoyalBeeMage

2 minutes ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

“Well what else is it being used for? It’s not been used since the stick custody war.”

@Edema Rue 
“And why does the prosecution believe that my client is a nerd? What evidence do you have against her?” @The Bookwyrm

Go for it lol

The accused doesn’t get to be in charge

Eddie stuck out her tongue and Bookie.

Edited by Edema Rue

1 minute ago, Edema Rue said:

… I knew that… 

“I recommend that you should stop aggravating the prosecution. Or you should go all out.”

18 minutes ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

“I recommend that you should stop aggravating the prosecution. Or you should go all out.”

Eddie stuck out her tongue at him.

14 hours ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

@Edema Rue 

"I would like to remind you of the definition I gave earlier," Bookwyrm said. He pulled out a recording device and hit play.

"Hm...it's impossible to define precisely. I'm not going to go to the general "google it" definition, as that will not serve our purposes here. Additionally, there are certain parties in the world that the status we are reffering to is not "nerd", it is "geek", but I feel as though in this specific setting the difference is arbitrary.

Essentially, for our purposes, a nerd is one who has a great interest and investment in a specific interest, such as a hobby or form of media, to the point that it becomes an aspect of their personality (not always in a bad way.) These interest are usually not exclusive, and in fact, many nerds grow to develop multiple areas of interest over their lives. It's what allows them to grow into such amazing people.

Eddie has proven that she has many interests that she holds great investment in, and they serve to define her character and help her grow. They help her form freindships and bond with those who share those interests, as so neatly evidenced by the Arcane discussion SUs.

With this evidence taken into account, the only conclusion is that she is indeed a nerd."

Bookwyrm tucked the recording device back into his suit. "If more evidence is required, then I would be happy to gather it."

3 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

"I would like to remind you of the definition I gave earlier," Bookwyrm said. He pulled out a recording device and hit play.

"Hm...it's impossible to define precisely. I'm not going to go to the general "google it" definition, as that will not serve our purposes here. Additionally, there are certain parties in the world that the status we are reffering to is not "nerd", it is "geek", but I feel as though in this specific setting the difference is arbitrary.

Essentially, for our purposes, a nerd is one who has a great interest and investment in a specific interest, such as a hobby or form of media, to the point that it becomes an aspect of their personality (not always in a bad way.) These interest are usually not exclusive, and in fact, many nerds grow to develop multiple areas of interest over their lives. It's what allows them to grow into such amazing people.

Eddie has proven that she has many interests that she holds great investment in, and they serve to define her character and help her grow. They help her form freindships and bond with those who share those interests, as so neatly evidenced by the Arcane discussion SUs.

With this evidence taken into account, the only conclusion is that she is indeed a nerd."

Bookwyrm tucked the recording device back into his suit. "If more evidence is required, then I would be happy to gather it."

this implies that you physically record everything you've ever said just so that you can replay it in the small chance you ever have to repeat yourself.

iconic.

Edited by J. Magi

1 minute ago, J. Magi said:

She had like a carrot pen that could also record speech, she used it to trap people with what they themselves confessed

On 8/25/2024 at 5:53 PM, RoyalBeeMage said:

One has a social life and the other doesn’t 

I raise my hand from the jury box. "The jury would like further clarification. Which one has a social life?"

14 hours ago, Edema Rue said:

they're not in charge, but they can choose their own defense attorney (assuming they can pay for it. If they can't, then the court will assign an attorney, who must defend to their upmost capability or the defendant can appeal on the basis of ineffective council.) Also, we should be using defendant, not accused

3 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Curse my lack of time! I want to judge but can't. I can be in the jury though!

1 minute ago, Spark of Hope said:

oooooooooooooooooooooooooh wait okay I do remember that

Bookwyrm has a little carrot pen, confirmed.

Current standings:

Judge: Exotic Almond

Jury: Myself, Immortal Platypus, WhyEverNot_8, Just a Silvereye, Wierdo (jury has five, so let's stop jury applications now so we can't tie)

Defense Attorney: RoyalBeeMage

Prosecuting Attorney: The Bookwyrm

Defendant: Edema Rue

5 minutes ago, J. Magi said:

...It's not a carrot pen.

7 minutes ago, Immortal Platypus said:

I raise my hand from the jury box. "The jury would like further clarification. Which one has a social life?"

"As I said earlier, for the intents and purposes of this case, utilizing the common definitions thrown around by pop culture, and the connotations associated with them, is not feasible. Because it is impossible to concretely define the term "nerd" without falling into an argument over semantics, we're going with the definition I provided; the definition that most of the people in the community of the Shard would associate with the word. Trying to differentiate between a 'nerd' and a 'geek' in this courtroom is going to get us nowhere, because I believe they effectively point to the same definition for our purposes."

Just now, The Bookwyrm said:

"As I said earlier, for the intents and purposes of this case, utilizing the common definitions thrown around by pop culture, and the connotations associated with them, is not feasible. Because it is impossible to concretely define the term "nerd" without falling into an argument over semantics, we're going with the definition I provided; the definition that most of the people in the community of the Shard would associate with the word. Trying to differentiate between a 'nerd' and a 'geek' in this courtroom is going to get us nowhere, because I believe they effectively point to the same definition for our purposes."

Yes it is 😌