Nerd(Eddie)

1 minute ago, Exotic Almond said:

"Now. I believe that it is time for the prosecutions first witness. Who are you calling to the stands?"

@The Bookwyrm 

"Well, as this is a Free Form RP and no one gave me any time to prepare for this case, I have none yet. I would be happy to gather some, if the post count stopped increasing so much that no one could keep track of anything."

1 minute ago, Spark of Hope said:

interesting.

1 minute ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Bookwyrm stood there through all the yelling.

This is going to take a long while, isn't it? he thought. Maybe it's a lost cause.

He looked over at Eddie.

I just have to know...what is she so scared of?

richard stared at Bookwyrm in solidarity, his eyes saying "i feel you"

Ugh, I'm sorry guys but I'm going to be driving for a little bit. I won't be able to respond to do judge things for like 30 minutes. I'll be back tho.

Just now, The Bookwyrm said:

"Well, as this is a Free Form RP and no one gave me any time to prepare for this case, I have none yet. I would be happy to gather some, if the post count stopped increasing so much that no one could keep track of anything."

Yes! Please slow down! Also yeah, you can have some time I need to drive.

"Well, with this statement I shall adjourn court temporarily while I go drive to the zoo. I'll be back soon. The Bookwyrm you have until I return."

3 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

actually, I mentioned elan because he always confuses my rp characters genders lol . . . it's a running joke

3 minutes ago, Exotic Almond said:

"Now. I believe that it is time for the prosecution's first witness. Who are you calling to the stands?"

@The Bookwyrm 

oh no, your good, I just think it's funny 😛

1 minute ago, Exotic Almond said:

"Well, with this statement I shall adjourn court temporarily while I go drive to the zoo. I'll be back soon. The Bookwyrm you have until I return."

Richard's mouth drops open. "Did the judge just leave... to go to the zoo? yipes, i knew this job was stressful, but come on!"

1 minute ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

Richard's mouth drops open. "Did the judge just leave... to go to the zoo? yipes, i knew this job was stressful, but come on!"

"He goes to school there," Bookwyrm said. "I used to as well." He sighed. "Those were the days..."

Bookwyrm coughed. "Um. Excuse me. @J. Magi, would you like to be our first witness?"

1 minute ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

Spark shook her head. "He goes to a focus program for school that is at the zoo."

11 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

I already said I would be for the defense 😛

9 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

"He goes to school there," Bookwyrm said. "I used to as well." He sighed. "Those were the days..."

Bookwyrm coughed. "Um. Excuse me. @J. Magi, would you like to be our first witness?"

"Yeah, sure," She said, standing and moving to the stand-thingy-podium-you-know-what-i-mean.

She put her hand on the offered copy of Way of Kings

"I swear to tell the truth and only the truth, unless I forget something then it's not my fault because I forgot."

Edited by J. Magi

2 minutes ago, J. Magi said:

"Yeah, sure," She said, standing and moving to the stand-thingy-podium-you-know-what-i-mean.

"I swear to tell the truth and only, unless I forget something then it's not my fault because I forgot."

if this ain't a Big Moodtm I don't know what is.

8 minutes ago, J. Magi said:

"I swear to tell the truth and only the truth, unless I forget something then it's not my fault because I forgot."

"I don't have a specific examination prepared, because, again, this is a FFRP, and none of us know what we're doing. But I would like you to provide specific evidence to Edema Rue's status as a nerd by talking about your recent SU discussions about Arcane, along with any other pertinent information you feel needs to be shared."

5 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

"I don't have a specific examination prepared, because, again, this is a FFRP, and none of us know what we're doing. But I would like you to provide specific evidence to Edema Rue's status as a nerd by talking about your recent SU discussions about Arcane, along with any other pertinent information you feel needs to be shared."

"Oh yeah, I remember that. It's worth noting however, that Arcane is a somewhat mainstream peace of media enjoyed by a very large audience. To use it as an example for Miss Eddie's nerdiness would be exaggerating the niche-ness of the show."

2 minutes ago, J. Magi said:

"Oh yeah, I remember that. It's worth noting however, that Arcane is a somewhat mainstream peace of media enjoyed by a very large audience. To use it as an example for Miss Eddie's nerdiness would be exaggerating the niche-ness of the show."

"Who says an interest has to be niche for someone to be a nerd of it? For example, Harry Potter as a franchise is very mainstream, but it is an interest that a great many nerds focus on."

Edited by The Bookwyrm

4 minutes ago, J. Magi said:

The judge phases back in "Sorry, I am astral projecting myself across the city to be here. JM do you have anything else to say?

2 minutes ago, Exotic Almond said:

The judge phases back in "Sorry, I am astral projecting myself across the city to be here. JM do you have anything else to say?

"Give her a minute, she hasn't even provided any supporting evidence yet. Also, where'd you learn astral projection?"

Edited by The Bookwyrm

7 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

"Who says an interest has to be niche for someone to be a nerd of it? For example, Harry Potter as a franchise is very mainstream, but it is an interest that a great many nerds focus on."

"I disagree, I think that a certain niche-ness is implied when calling someone a nerd. Why aren't people into sports, or makeup called nerds? Because it's mainstream and more socially expectable. Calling someone nerd is meant to be a form of asserting that that person stands out, or has weird interests. Harry potter is mainstream in the book-reading space, but not with the entire world. It's also a poor example, because Potterheads are weird and I don't like them." JM explained.

3 minutes ago, J. Magi said:

"I disagree, I think that a certain niche-ness is implied when calling someone a nerd. Why aren't people into sports, or makeup called nerds? Because it's mainstream and more socially expectable. Calling someone nerd is meant to be a form of asserting that that person stands out, or has weird interests. Harry potter is mainstream in the book-reading space, but not with the entire world. It's also a poor example, because Potterheads are weird and I don't like them." JM explained.

"Oh, but here's the thing: I would argue that people who are into sports, or makeup, or anything that mainstream are in fact nerds. They don't admit it because the general connotation of that word from a bygone era was negative. But we're in a new era now. An era where being a nerd is cool. And those people who are super into sports, or makeup, or fishing, or whatever it may be; they have just as much a vested interest in those hobbies that another person might have into Brandon Sanderson's works. 

"We're in a new era, ladies and gentlemen, where everyone is a nerd, whether they realize it or not. Unless they have no hobbies, in which case they're boring. And our good friend Edema Rue is anything but boring."