Unpublished Works

In the potential cosmere section under White Sand we have "Second set of White Sand graphic novels" and under Additional Cosmere stories by Isaac Stewart we have "The Arcanist featuring Khriss". Are these not the same work and if so should it be mentioned twice in the list? Which section would take precedence?

Honestly, who even knows with stuff set on Taldain at this point. This WoB seems to indicate that the story Brandon wants to tell is separate from the one Isaac would be doing, so I think I'd lean towards keeping both entries, even if I don't really expect to get two Darkside books. Incidentally, I feel like we could probably use that WoB plus common sense (given that Brandon's re-doing the White Sand graphic novels as a prose book) to say that Brandon's Darkside story would likely be prose, not a graphic novel.

I actually get the opposite impression from that WoB as it seems to just be reiterating this one: 

Spoiler

Questioner

How has Isaac’s writing been coming along?

Isaac Stewart

I have been doing worldbuilding for Darkside.

Brandon Sanderson

We’re thinking, Isaac has been very interested in doing some cosmere stories. So we are going to, at some point, have Isaac write in the cosmere. We’ve talked about Mistborn stuff, we’ve talked about Threnody stuff, we’ve talked about Taldain stuff. Something along those lines, Isaac’s gonna do that.

Isaac Stewart

The first thing you’ll get from me, aside from the Nicki Savage story and the Allomancer Jak that you’ve already gotten, is this new prologue to White Sand. There’s some scenes in there that don’t show up in the original manuscript that were put in there for reasons, just to help the book come together as a whole, that I hope people will like. So you’ll kinda get to see what my take is on cosmere-type things on that.

But that’s where I’m at right now. I’m really enjoying fleshing out the Darkside stuff. We’re thinking about calling it The Arcanist, relating to Khriss. This is her story. And that also gives us leeway to continue her stories under that title, The Arcanist.

Dark One Q&A (July 2, 2020)

But agreed that everything surrounding potential Darkside media and what form it would take is uncertain, much to my dismay post buying the omnibus.

6 minutes ago, lacrossedeamon said:

I actually get the opposite impression from that WoB as it seems to just be reiterating this one:

My read on it is that Isaac has a project set on Darkside he's working on (working title The Arcanist) and that Brandon has a story set on Darkside that he wants to tell that he "might" work with Isaac on; it doesn't make sense to me for that to only be a "might" if those two are the same story, though admittedly that's not a lot to go on.