Did the daily reputation limit change?

J. Magi

The past few days, I've only been able to give 5 or 6 posts reputation before it tells me I can't add any more reactions. I was under the impression that the daily limit was more like 20 posts?

It's worth noting that their has been a lot of SU discussion the past while, so I've been giving rep out more. That said, I still feel like I only use 5 at a time before it tells me I can't give rep anymore.

It also 'resets' before another day too. I'll be told I'm out of reactions, but then a few hours later I'll be able to give them again, and then 5 rep given later and I'm out once more. This cycle has repeated the last few days.

I don't think it's an issue with my computer, because I access the shard on 3 separate computers (because of school).

Does it have to do with my account? Was there a change to the system that I'm just unaware of?

Mm, not sure about the limit (I've never really payed attention to that), but I was under the impression that once you gave a single rep point, you'd get it back 24 hours later. Maybe that's not right, but that's what it seemed like was happening to me.

So like if you used five rep points over the course of an hour, you'd get all five back the next day at the same times you spent them the previous day. (does that make sense? I think I worded that well enough.)

2 minutes ago, Through The Living Glass said:

Mm, not sure about the limit (I've never really payed attention to that), but I was under the impression that once you gave a single rep point, you'd get it back 24 hours later. Maybe that's not right, but that's what it seemed like was happening to me.

So like if you used five rep points over the course of an hour, you'd get all five back the next day at the same times you spent them the previous day. (does that make sense? I think I worded that well enough.)

A little . . . that still doesn't explain why the amount I can give is so small though. And the fact that it didn't use to be like this, but is now.

18 minutes ago, J. Magi said:

A little . . . that still doesn't explain why the amount I can give is so small though. And the fact that it didn't use to be like this, but is now.

Hmm. It might be that you're using it almost as soon as you get it, so you only have a few rep points at a time?

If you have been using as much as you say you've been using, then that seems totally plausible.

12 minutes ago, Through The Living Glass said:

Hmm. It might be that you're using it almost as soon as you get it, so you only have a few rep points at a time?

If you have been using as much as you say you've been using, then that seems totally plausible.

Yeah, that's true . . . maybe it'll work itself out then.

It should still be 20 and it looks like you haven't hit that in the last day or so, can you screenshot the popup it gives you? Is it the usual one? 

Edit: looks like you did hit the limit Friday, if that was the time?