FANTASY-NO MAGIC

1 minute ago, Spark of Hope said:

“For her own safety.”

Well, that sounded incredibly suspicious.

Niamh... wasn't sure what to do with this information. She thought about it as she walked over to the stage and packed up her flute and fiddle.

She sat down with her lute and played a slow song as she watched the tavern keeper give someone a room. The serving girl from earlier in the night walked down the stairs and entered the back room. She returned a few minutes later with food for the guest.

Niamh wondered what was really going on with the girl.

47 minutes ago, Through The Living Glass said:

Well, that sounded incredibly suspicious.

Niamh... wasn't sure what to do with this information. She thought about it as she walked over to the stage and packed up her flute and fiddle.

She sat down with her lute and played a slow song as she watched the tavern keeper give someone a room. The serving girl from earlier in the night walked down the stairs and entered the back room. She returned a few minutes later with food for the guest.

Niamh wondered what was really going on with the girl.

"It's a tavern," he said as she walked away. "She'd be taken advantage of so many times if that door wasn't locked."

@Through The Living Glass

Edited by Spark of Hope

2 hours ago, Spark of Hope said:

“Servant’s room,” he said plainly. 

“Hello. Can I get you anything?” Then Crabsbius called, and Robert said, “Hold that thought.” He gave him his glass of water and came back to July. “My apologies.”

"Um no. I was uh . . . wondering if . . ." Then an idea popped into his head. "Are you hiring?"

16 minutes ago, J. Magi said:

"Um no. I was uh . . . wondering if . . ." Then an idea popped into his head. "Are you hiring?"

"Depends on your skillset."

16 minutes ago, Wierdo said:

Have you read everything?

Just now, Spark of Hope said:

"Depends on your skillset."

"I wouldn't see serving tables as beyond me . . ." He thought for minute, "I have experience working as an assistant and that included a lot of similar tasks I'd say."

2 minutes ago, J. Magi said:

"I wouldn't see serving tables as beyond me . . ." He thought for minute, "I have experience working as an assistant and that included a lot of similar tasks I'd say."

"You good with accounting? Bookkeeping? Keeping track of funds?"

3 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

"You good with accounting? Bookkeeping? Keeping track of funds?"

"Oh yeah I can do that too--I know how to read and write, plus some calculations." He hoped his level of education wouldn't be suspicious in a place like this.

Edited by J. Magi

Just now, J. Magi said:

"Oh yeah I can do that too--I know how to read and write, plus I can some calculations." He hoped his level of education wouldn't be suspicious in a place like this.

He nodded. "Pay would start somewhat low."

He nodded. "Pay would start somewhat low."

"I don't mind." He had more then enough money, he just needed something to do while he hid. Plus, that waitress looked like she needed help.

"So . . . can I work here?"

1 minute ago, J. Magi said:

"I don't mind." He had more then enough money, he just needed something to do while he hid. Plus, that waitress looked like she needed help.

"So . . . can I work here?"

"Starting tomorrow afternoon. Yes."

"Starting tomorrow afternoon. Yes."

"Thanks!" 

"Um . .  Should I do anything in the meantime?" He glanced out the window. The sun had set hours ago.

"Or, I know I'll just stay here?" July pulled out his wallet to pay for board.

"Thanks!" 

"Um . .  Should I do anything in the meantime?" He glanced out the window. The sun had set hours ago.

"Or, I know I'll just stay here?" July pulled out his wallet to pay for board.

He shook his head. "I'll just take board out of your pay. At a discount, of course."

9 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

He shook his head. "I'll just take board out of your pay. At a discount, of course."

"Oh, alright." July tucked his wallet away.

He gestured towards the stairs. "Just . . . up there?"

"Oh, alright." July tucked his wallet away.

He gestured towards the stairs. "Just . . . up there?"

He tossed him a key. "You might want this. Room key. Jolane knows the room numbers."

12 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

He tossed him a key. "You might want this. Room key. Jolane knows the room numbers."

"Thanks . . ." She must be upstairs, he thought to himself.

July started up the stairs, trying not to make them creak as he went up. At the top, he went to the first and smallest door, and knocked, hoping Jolane was inside.

13 minutes ago, J. Magi said:

"Thanks . . ." She must be upstairs, he thought to himself.

July started up the stairs, trying not to make them creak as he went up. At the top, he went to the first and smallest door, and knocked, hoping Jolane was inside.

He didn’t need to; she was standing in the hall talking to one of the travelers. 

4 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

He didn’t need to; she was standing in the hall talking to one of the travelers. 

"Oh! Hey Jolane, I need you to show me where my room is." He approached her.

2 minutes ago, J. Magi said:

"Oh! Hey Jolane, I need you to show me where my room is." He approached her.

She jumped. “Oh! Of course.” She took a glance at the key and pointed. It was the room next to hers, which was strange. That room was almost never rented out. 

1 hour ago, Spark of Hope said:

She jumped. “Oh! Of course.” She took a glance at the key and pointed. It was the room next to hers, which was strange. That room was almost never rented out. 

"Thanks!" he went over to the door and unlocked it, stepping inside.

4 hours ago, Spark of Hope said:

"It's a tavern," he said as she walked away. "She'd be taken advantage of so many times if that door wasn't locked."

@Through The Living Glass

Niamh didn't respond, but she kept her eye out for the girl again.

She had a few questions that she probably shouldn't ask the tavern keeper, just in case.

35 minutes ago, J. Magi said:

"Thanks!" he went over to the door and unlocked it, stepping inside.

She left the woman in the doorway and returned to her room.

19 minutes ago, Through The Living Glass said:

Niamh didn't respond, but she kept her eye out for the girl again.

She had a few questions that she probably shouldn't ask the tavern keeper, just in case.

She didn’t see her. 

7 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

She left the woman in the doorway and returned to her room.

She didn’t see her. 

July glanced around the small room, noting how empty it felt, and sat his bag down. It hit the floorboards with a suspicious clunk--he'd have to find a better place to hide the gem while he was there.

After hanging up his cloak and sitting on his cott for a few minutes, he decided he was still too antsy to sleep.

July left his room and wandered over to Jolane's door. He still needed to properly introduce himself, especially since they'd be working together. Hoping she hadn't gone to bed yet, he knocked on her door.

July glanced around the small room, noting how empty it felt, and sat his bag down. It hit the floorboards with a suspicious clunk--he'd have to find a better place to hide the gem while he was there.

After hanging up his cloak and sitting on his cott for a few minutes, he decided he was still too antsy to sleep.

July left his room and wandered over to Jolane's door. He still needed to properly introduce himself, especially since they'd be working together. Hoping she hadn't gone to bed yet, he knocked on her door.

His is bigger than hers, too

Dont have time atm, I’ll get back to ya