FANTASY-NO MAGIC

13 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

She didn’t see her. 

The girl didn't come down after a little while, and it was getting late, so Niamh decided it was probably time to get some sleep. She put her lute in a waterproof casing. She then grabbed the other two instrument cases, the barefooted man's silver coin, and the tin of coins, and headed outside.

It was a warm, clear night, and the stars shone brightly. She walked around the tavern and into the woods a ways to where she had set a hammock between two trees. She set her instruments on a nearby flat rock, took her boots off, and collapsed on the hammock. She pulled a small strip of jerky out of a pocket, and ate it while she stared at the stars peeking through the canopy of leaves. She probably could have used a change of clothes, but was too exhausted to do much else.

Niamh finished her jerky, and gazed at the sky until she fell asleep.

mm sleep sounds nice right now

32 minutes ago, J. Magi said:

July glanced around the small room, noting how empty it felt, and sat his bag down. It hit the floorboards with a suspicious clunk--he'd have to find a better place to hide the gem while he was there.

After hanging up his cloak and sitting on his cott for a few minutes, he decided he was still too antsy to sleep.

July left his room and wandered over to Jolane's door. He still needed to properly introduce himself, especially since they'd be working together. Hoping she hadn't gone to bed yet, he knocked on her door.

“Hello?” She turned from the window, where she could see both the minstrel and the other traveler sleeping. 

4 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

“Hello?” She turned from the window, where she could see both the minstrel and the other traveler sleeping. 

"Oh, uh it's just me . . . I wanted to introduce myself cause I couldn't earlier. I'm July!"

1 minute ago, J. Magi said:

"Oh, uh it's just me . . . I wanted to introduce myself cause I couldn't earlier. I'm July!"

“It’s nice to meet you, but I thought you were just staying the night?”

Just now, Spark of Hope said:

“It’s nice to meet you, but I thought you were just staying the night?”

"Oh, no, I got a job here . . . just now. I start tomorrow."

He ran a hand through his black hair, wishing this was a little less awkward.

Ma'tani sat on her bed, considering her brief conversation with the girl. She considered what she'd gathered. 

She's young, she's vulnerable, and she's being taken advantage of. Or at least that's what it would seem. 

She pulled her Shenai sword from her robes. The entire thing was wrapped in simple cloth to hide it's fine make. She gently unwrapped it, studied it's intricate patterns. It was a gift, from Jianzi, just like the flute.

Heh...a To'atani woman carrying the items of a Shenai traveller. What a unique character I make.

Even stranger was the fact that she knew how to use both the sword and the flute. Her robes were even made after the design and fashion of a Shenai swordswoman, though the patterns and fabric reflected her To'atani heritage more.

Don't mind me, just worldbuilding the exotic lands to the east of wherever we are right now...

9 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

3 minutes ago, J. Magi said:

Ma'tani heard the sounds of a conversation in the hallway. She recognized the girl's voice.

Curiosity getting the better of her, she re-wrapped her sword and hid it by her pack. Then she stepped out into the hallway.

"Don't know if getting a job here of all places is the best idea," she said.

Edited by The Bookwyrm

1 minute ago, J. Magi said:

"Oh, no, I got a job here . . . just now. I start tomorrow."

He ran a hand through his black hair, wishing this was a little less awkward.

“Oh, I see. Well, I suppose we’ll be seeing more of each other then.”

Just now, The Bookwyrm said:

Ma'tani sat on her bed, considering her brief conversation with the girl. She considered what she'd gathered. 

She's young, she's vulnerable, and she's being taken advantage of. Or at least that's what it would seem. 

She pulled her Shenai sword from her robes. The entire thing was wrapped in simple cloth to hide it's fine make. She gently unwrapped it, studied it's intricate patterns. It was a gift, from Jianzi, just like the flute.

Heh...a To'atani woman carrying the items of a Shenai traveller. What a unique character I make.

Even stranger was the fact that she knew how to use both the sword and the flute. Her robes were even made after the design and fashion of a Shenai swordswoman, though the patterns and fabric reflected her To'atani heritage more.

Ma'tani heard the sounds of a conversation in the hallway. She recognized the girl's voice.

Curiosity getting the better of her, she re-wrapped her sword and hid it by her pack. Then she stepped out into the hallway.

10 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

"Don't know if getting a job here of all places is the best idea," she said.

July shrugged. "I've been in worse places believe me."

He had left his cloak in his room, revealing a knee-length black tunic, and grey trousers with sturdy boots. His black hair was pulled back in a braid that reached his middle back. 

He was young, but his tan face was etched with several thin scars.

"Who're you?"

8 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

“Oh, I see. Well, I suppose we’ll be seeing more of each other then.”

"Yeah, that's why I wanted to introduce myself.

1 minute ago, The Bookwyrm said:

"Hey, I didn't catch your name earlier," she said, nodding at Jolane.

4 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

"Hey, I didn't catch your name earlier," she said, nodding at Jolane.

Door’s closed but not locked 

Just now, J. Magi said:

July shrugged. "I've been in worse places believe me."

He had left his cloak in his room, revealing a knee-length black tunic, and grey trousers with sturdy boots. His black hair was pulled back in a braid that reached his middle back. 

He was young, but his tan face was etched with several thin scars.

"Who're you?"

"Yeah, that's why I wanted to introduce myself.

I was at school for only 7 hours and there are THREE MORE PAGES?!?!?!

Nelan scratched his square, stubby chin as he jumped onto Jarl, his flea-bitten horse, truly a brute of an animal. The rest of the witch hunters mounted their own horses. The servant of evil lay limply on the back of Jarl, bound tightly in ropes.

"It's about a day's journey from here to Issor, boss," Sutter said from behind him. "You sure you don't want to stay here a little, eat some food, rest up, talk to some ladies..."

"We leave now," Nelan said simply, "This witch must be dealt with." He gripped his club tightly, sliding it into his belt. Then he grabbed his reins and kicked Jarl into a lope. The witch hunters sighed, and followed suit.

The witch hunters didn't notice as Rye's eyes opened slightly, and his lip curved upwards into a faint grin.

Edited by WildRye

5 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

“Is that still July, or someone else?”

I thought her opening the door was implied, but I guess not if she's locked in

"I'm still here, but there's someone else . . . a guest I think." July called through the door.

He glanced at Ma'Tani, "Do you need something?" @The Bookwyrm

3 minutes ago, J. Magi said:

"I'm still here, but there's someone else . . . a guest I think." July called through the door.

8 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

Ma'tani frowned. "Are you talking to her through the door?"

EDIT: A bunch of weird technical stuff just happened, I don't know what. I'm a little confused right now.

Edited by The Bookwyrm

Ma'tani frowned. "Are you talking to her through the door?"

"Well . . . she didn't open it so maybe she's shy?" He whispered to her. "I just wanted to introduce myself, that's all."

2 minutes ago, J. Magi said:

The owner hasn’t re-locked her in yet

Yeah they’re both there, she was just asking if he was knocking again

“Oh, alright.”

"You don't need to whisper," she said, loudly enough for Jolane to hear.

"Hey," she called through the door. "You okay?"

@Spark of Hope

“Y-yes, I’m fine.”

"You don't need to whisper," she said, loudly enough for Jolane to hear.

"Hey," she called through the door. "You okay?"

@Spark of Hope

"We shouldn't bother her if she's turning in--"

“Oh, alright.”

“Y-yes, I’m fine.”

"Sorry to bother you so much."

"That's good," she said. "Want to tell your friend here why working for your boss isn't a good idea?"

July smirked. "Are you trying to scare me away? How long have you been here, little easterner?"

"That's good," she said. "Want to tell your friend here why working for your boss isn't a good idea?"

She said nothing for a few moments. “It’ll be fine for him. The situations are different.”

Just now, J. Magi said:

"We shouldn't bother her if she's turning in--"

"Sorry to bother you so much."

July smirked. "Are you trying to scare me away? How long have you been here, little easterner?"

“It’s okay.”

She said nothing for a few moments. “It’ll be fine for him. The situations are different.”

“It’s okay.”

"Is it not fine for you?"